Chapter One
67 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ping typed away on his phone wondering absentmindedly about what he would eat for dinner.

“Oh my god! HEY LOOK OUT!!!!”

Ping’s head snapped up in an instant, heart racing as his focus was torn from his phone, frantically looking around him.

His heart stopped.

His blood ran cold.

SMASSHH!!

The world went black.

--------------

Ping yelped as felt the wind get knocked out of him, landing hard on his back arms spread out to help brake his fall. “….ow.” He hissed, eyes shut tightly.

“Stand up!” A sharp voice barked a rough hand grabbing Ping’s bicep roughly, yanking him to he feet.

Ping’s eyes finally snapped open, feet scrambling to get under him as he attempted to stand, his vision swimming slighting causing him to shake his head as he attempted to move his arm away from the man’s grasp.

“What the hell…” He trailed off as he tried to focus, High ceiling… tall collems… tiled floor… this wasn’t a road? His brows furrowed frowning as he attempted to make out his situation. Eyes settling on a few guards off to the side wearing what looked to be medieval like armor, Ping did the only thing he could think of.

Scream and run.

“… AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA” He cried out, forcefully ripping his arm out of the tall man’s gripping and booking it to the nearest exist point. The window.

The guards launched into action, leaping after the young pink haired man as he flees. Ping ducked under the first arm, dodged the second and throw a nearby vase at the third. Not even bothering to take a peak at the drop Ping busted the window open leaping to freedom, taking one last glance behind him to view the chaos left in his wake.

His gaze caught another. His blue eyes locking with impossible electric purple. His heart skipped a beat.

Fuck, he thought as he began to plummet down, that guys HOT… how long is this drop? Panic gripped him once more as he looked down, seeing a very rapidly approaching, stony death.

And once more, black.

--------------

Ping snapped his eyes open as his legs crumpled unceremoniously, not prepared for the landing he fell onto his side, managing to brace himself before he hit his head. He gasped as he felt the air be knocked out of him for the second time in ten minutes.

His hands, arms, and legs scarped up against concrete. Protected only by the shirt and pants he wore, resulting in long scrapes along his arms. Pausing for a few moments to gather his bearings once more he shock his head, listening to the commotion around him. People screamed and rushed around, two appeared by his side helping him to stand.

He groaned as he got his feet under him.

“Are you alright?” The concerned voice of a woman asked from his side.

“I- uh- I think so?” Ping stammered out, adrenaline pouring through his system, heart racing a mile a minute as he tried-- and failed-- to make sense of the situation he found him self in. He legs trembling slightly as he leaned a little bit on the two people holding him up.

“Here lets sit you down for a minute an ambulance should be hear soon.” The soft voice of the woman attempting to sooth him under out, low and calm.

Ping shakily nodded his head in agreements, taking slow trembling steps to the bench not far off. “Thank you,” He muttered.

“Its quite alright,” The woman hushed, arm wrapped around his waist to steady him.

“You were real lucky there son, I could have sworn that was a direct hit.” The deep voice of the man added on, his arm across his back as they walked.

Ping merely nodded, feeling as though he may throw up. Finally, on aching, shacking legs the trio made it to the bench, the couple – were they a couple? They must be. -- sat him down as gently as the could manage before sitting next to him.

Ping continued to tremble and shack as the lady rubbed soft soothing circled on his back, the man’s arm draped across the bench behind them.

“You know we have a son your age.” The man commented.

Ping took a shaking breath, “Yeah?” He croaked.

The woman nodded along, “Yes, he’s studding medicine right now.”

“You must be proud of him.” He managed to utter with a strained smile.

The man nodded with a soft smile, “Very, he was always such a sweet and smart boy.” He glanced over to Ping noticing his down turned eyes and hunched over body. “I’m Paul by the way.”

“Nice to meet you.” Ping muttered looking up at the much taller man.

“I’m Beth.” Beth added.

Ping nodded to her, “Nice to meet you to.”

The sharp wail of sirens drifted on the wind, drawing closer with each passing moment.

“Sounds like that ambulance is almost here.” Beth commented.

Ping merely nodded absent mindlessly.

The trio sat in silence as the cops rolled around the corner pulling over to where to crowed lingered.

Two officers stepped out and approached a group of them.

Beth and Paul stood, “Think your ok to walk?” Beth asked offering her hand.

Ping looked up, before nodding, taking Beth’s arm and standing up. He began to take slightly shaking steps towards the police officers as the bystanders began pointing over in his directions, seeming to direct the cops to the would be dead guy.

One of the cops looked to politely dismiss herself before walking over to the trio.

“Good evening.” She greeted, “I am officer Kelly Mills, I have a few questions about the accident.” She offered her hand to shake

Ping nodded, “Nice to meet you., I’m Ping.” He said, shaking her hand.

“I’m Beth.”

“And I’m Paul.”

“Lovely to meet you all,” The officer smiled, “Can you tell me what happened here?”

Paul glanced at Ping, who pointedly avoided his gaze, “Well,” He began, “Me and my wife were walking down the street coming towards here, when all of a sudden we saw that truck,” He pointed to the delivery truck crashed into the poll where Ping once stood, “Suddenly swerve, seeming to try and hit this young man right here,” He gestured to Ping.

Ping and Beth nodded along to this.

The officer made a few notes, “So the truck nearly hit you?”

Ping nodded meekly, “I’m not sure what happened really, one moment I was looking at my phone the next I look up and there's a truck about to hit me,” He rubbed the back of his neck in a nervous gesture, “I guess I managed to jump out of the way because the next thing I know I’m on the ground, inches away from the crash sight.”

Beth took up the mantel this time, “Me and my husband rushed up to the young man not long after, helped him up onto his feet and over to that bench.”

The officer nodded, “I see, and did any of you catch a sight of the driver?”

Paul shock his hand as did Beth, Ping frowned, confused, “Was he not there when you arrived?” He asked in a soft voice.

Officer Kelly shook her head, “Afraid not.”

Ping’s confusion grew as he began to become more unsettled, “I didn’t see what the guy look like.” He vocalized.

Kelly sighed at that, “I’d thought so.”

The arrival of the ambulance cut off anymore questioning.

“Well best you two escort this young man to the medics, just in case.”

Beth and Paul nodded in agreement before beginning to guide the still slightly out of it Ping away from the crash.

Just what the hell was going on? Ping couldn’t help but wonder.

2