Chapter Twenty-Two
68 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wrap my legs around Sean, pulling him even deeper into me, as I grasp his head and kiss him hard. 

The feeling of his bare cock pounding inside of me is so good that I am almost able to erase why I am doing this in the first place. His tongue in my mouth, I kiss him hard, as hard as I can, and he grabs my hips and pulls me back towards him as he finishes deep inside of me.

"Fuck," he groans, as I squeeze my thighs around him, holding him in place and letting him take me. He rolls off of me and falls to the side, panting hard.

"I forgot how much fun trying for a baby could be," he murmurs, as he turns to face me, a playful smile on his face. I grin. 

"Yeah, I know," I agree, and I reach over to brush my fingers through his slightly grown-out hair. I also try to ignore the little twinge of guilt in my belly.

Sean catches his breath on the bed next to me, and I pull my knees up to my chest, putting on the show of making the effort to conceive. I have no idea if this plan is actually going to work – or if he’s going to see through it. But I have to try.

After I stopped freaking out about being pregnant, I knew I needed to come up with a game plan. Suddenly, everything became clear: I wanted my husband, not Jason. And I wasn’t going to let this accidental slip-up get in the way of my family. I could have had an abortion, but I knew that I didn’t have it in me – not on top of all the other emotions I was currently feeling. 

The issue, of course, is that the baby doesn’t belong to Sean, and I am not sure how he would feel about raising another man’s baby. His reaction is hard to predict. Anyway, I don’t know if I can bring myself to say the words. So I’ve decided the best course of action is to hold back – and come up with another way to make this pregnancy look like something we both want. 

I took him out for dinner one evening, a date with just the two of us now that everything with the club was behind us, and looked him straight in the eye.

"I want to try for another baby," I murmured.

His eyes widened. "You’re sure?”

"More sure than ever. With everything that’s happened, it’s just confirmed that I always want to come back to you, and you always want to come back to me. I want to make our family a little bigger. I think Donnie would be an amazing big brother, don’t you?"

"We’d have to look for a bigger place," he remarked, his eyes softening as he thought of all the logistics of it. "And I’d have to take on more hours at work..."

"Do you want to do it?” I asked, biting my lip. 

Finally, he nodded. "Yeah, I do.” And he leaned across the table to plant a kiss on my lips.

And it was that kiss that started the most intense lovemaking sessions of my life. The first time, it was a little awkward; I’ll admit. We hadn’t had sex since before Paulo, and we were a bit rusty. But it was also comforting and easy to be with my husband again; like riding a bike. A bike with a very nice cock.

After that initial time, however, things started to heat up fast. It’s as if our lust for each other has been re-awoken by everything we’ve been through. The desire to have my husband inside of me is more powerful than it’s ever been. Every chance we get, we’re in bed together, fucking, making out, going bareback so that he can get me pregnant. Little does he know, of course, that the early-pregnancy hormones have me crazier than ever for sex.

He rolls out of bed to head for a shower, and I close my eyes and lie back on the bed. I’m feeling much better compared to how I was a couple weeks ago, when the nausea was just beginning to hit, but maybe that's because I have a plan to deal with this now.

How long should I wait before I come clean? I’ve decided to give it a few more days before I suggest he get one of those pregnancy tests that doesn’t indicate how far gone you are. We can take it together and I can act shocked that I am already pregnant with his child. I’ve also been wondering if I should reach out to Jason, tell him the truth of what’s actually happening, but I know I can’t risk that. Any wildcard in this situation is going to make it more dangerous, and I am already skirting the line as it is. 

So I’ve decided to keep it to myself. As far as anyone will know, this baby belongs to me and Sean. It’s going to be raised by him, after all, so what difference does it make that it might not have actually come directly from his DNA?

It’s a strange thought, that I’ll be bringing another man’s child into our life, but people adopt all the time, don’t they? It’s not that weird. The only weird part is that Sean isn’t going to know he’s not biologically related to his new kid. 

He comes back to bed and slides in beside me, damp from his shower, and wraps me up in his arms. I snuggle against him. 

"I love you," he murmurs in my ear, and I turn to drop a kiss on his cheek.

"I love you, too," I reply, and I close my eyes and let tiredness take me. 

We wake early the next morning, sneak in a quick fuck before either of us has to get out of bed, and then go about the rest of our days; I am starting to feel some of that tiredness hitting hard, and I wonder if I should mention it to Sean, sprinkle in the possibility so that he’s not too surprised when he finds out I’m pregnant. It took us such a long time to get pregnant with Donnie, I wonder if he’s going to be suspicious about how fast it happened this time around. 

But I’m counting on the fact that he’s going to be so happy that he won’t even notice. After our adventures outside the marriage, this seems the perfect way to bring both of us back down to Earth and make sure once and for all that we’re committed to each other. 

I am starting to get excited about the thought of a new kid. Sean and I are browsing houses together, now that we know that we’ll need somewhere a little bigger, and I gaze at one with a garden, already imagining our two little ones running around there in the summer. Things have been going so much better at work, since I got the unofficial “project manager” position, that we should be able to afford something this spacious. And once I land the Accounting Manager job, then we’ll be golden…

Finally, the day arrives where I’m ready to do it – ready for Sean to find that we are going to be having another baby. I send him out to the pharmacy, the same one where I got my actual test, and wait on the couch for him to get back. We’ve already put Donnie to bed, and I can hardly wait to break the news to Sean. 

He’s going to be such an amazing father, all over again. I already know that. And sure, this might not be how I intended to bring in the next member of our household, but hey, sometimes you’ve got to take what you get, right?

He arrives back after a half-hour, his cheeks flushed with excitement. I can hardly contain my own ecxitement. 

"You ready?" He asks, and I nod.

"As I’ll ever be."

We head to the bathroom together, and I take the test – even though I know what the result is going to be, I still find myself nervous, and I bite my lip and smile at Sean as I sit on the edge of the toilet. 

"How long do we have to wait?” He asks, checking the box again impatiently.

"A couple of minutes, I think. Not long."

He grabs my hand and squeezes it tight, and I count down the seconds in my head. I still can’t believe that I am actually doing this. It feels crazy, but at the same time like the most natural thing in the world. 

Finally, it’s time to check the test again, and when I do, I see those two lines together once more.

"Holy shit!" Sean exclaims. "You’re… you’re pregnant?"

"I’m pregnant," I blurt out, and the thrill of being able to share it with him overwhelms everything else for a moment. I practically fall into his arms, and he scoops me up and swings me around. I cling to him and bury my head in his shoulder, letting the feeling of it rush through me. 

"We’re going to have a baby," he murmurs, and he drops me down, cups my face in his hands and gazes into my eyes. "I love you so much," he whispers, and he kisses me – and I know that, despite the fact that he’s aware that we don’t have to try any longer, he’s not ready to give up quite yet.

He carries me to bed, where the two of us fuck again, holding on to each other like we are the only things that matter, and I tell myself – that's true. He is the only thing that matters to me. We are the only things that matter, our family together, our life. No matter what else has happened, that’s what it comes back to.

I lay my head on his chest afterwards and close my eyes, listening to the beat of his heart. He runs his hand down my body to lay it on my stomach. Even though there’s hardly anything to feel yet, I know that he’s imagining the future, the same as I am. 

"I can’t wait to meet them," he remarks. I smile. If this is what the Weekend Club has led us to, then I can’t help but think it’s one of the best ideas I’ve ever heard. 

As he cradles me, something seems to cross his mind, and he lifts his head so that he can look at me properly.

"Can I ask you something?”

"Of course you can.” I feel dreamy, so happy in the face of it all that I don’t have my guard up at all. 

"You think… you know it’s mine, right?”

I fall silent at once. This is the last thing I wanted him to ask. What do I do? Do I lie to him right now, tell him that I know it is? Or do I tell him the truth and potentially ruin this perfect moment, and change the way that he’s going to look at me and this kid forever?

I knew that it would cross his mind, but I still feel nervous as I lift my head from his chest and look into his eyes, smoothing my hand over his face lightly. 

"Of course it is," I reply, with a laugh. “I’ve always used protection with the other guys. And anyway, do you know how small a window women have to get pregnant? That’s why we’ve been fucking nonstop: to try and get in that window. So of course it’s yours.” 

And I’m telling him the truth, I know I am. This baby is going to be raised as his own and that’s all that matters. He’s the baby’s dad, and he has to know that’s the most important thing in this child’s life. He’s an amazing father, and he’ll be an amazing father to this little one, too. 

"Of course it is," he agrees. I lay my head down again, and wrap my arms around him. 

I know that I’m right. All that matters is that we’re together, that he’s going to raise this kid right along with me – that we’re doing this with each other, bringing a new member into our family. Everything that happened with the Weekend Club is behind us now, and that’s how it’s going to stay. 

Even if I’m going to have a little more than memories to take with me, now that it’s over. I cup my hand over my stomach and smile. Sometimes, things don’t work out the way you imagine they will – but these little surprises are what life is all about.

 

If you're savouring this book and wish to stay in the loop regarding Daniel's latest creations, feel free to connect with him on Instagram and TikTok using the handle @danielhallwriter

0