[2] Realm of the Gods
59 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Allow me to welcome you Lucas-dono, my name is Gabriel. God of Wisdom. And welcome, to the Realm of the Gods." He said to me with a smile on his face.

 

I was momentarily stunned as I didn't expect this kind of response. I was finally able to recover and I accidentally asked.

 

"Aren't you a little too old to have 8th-grade syndrome?"

 

Perhaps, shocked again by my response, his eyelids twitch as his smile became stiff.

 

"Huh? Did I say something wrong?" I thought to myself as the atmosphere between us became rather awkward...

 

"umm... should I apologize?" I asked with a straight face. I mean, his words indeed surprised me and I replied in a rather rude manner. But if I think about it, me dying and getting greeted by a self-proclaimed ‘god’ seems to make sense...probably?

 

In any case, I think I really spoke in a rude manner to someone who I just met, I was about to apologize when suddenly I heard him speak.

 

"Ahh, you don't need to. I totally get your situation, living in a world without a god governing it and magic. It'll be really hard for someone like you to understand what's going on. And also, please don't mistake me for a chuunibyou, it hurts my feelings you know?"

 

He spoke in a rather aggrieved manner. But even so, I still find it hard to believe the situation I'm currently in. I should've died without a doubt, but I'm still in my body, still intact without any injuries. I thought that only the soul gets taken away after a person dies. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

 

As if he was able to read what I was thinking, the man in front of me replied to my thoughts."Wait, dying? we pulled you here from earth, in other words, you're still alive."He asks in a perplexed voice.

 

"What do you mean? don't tell me, you pulled me up here without knowing my situation down there. And also, did you just read my thoughts?" I replied in a confused tone.

 

Scratching his head as if he was caught red-handed. He replied to me in an apologetic voice."You're right, I'm sorry about that. But if you want to know more about your current situation, this is not the place to talk. Please follow me."

 

Gabriel waved his hands aside and the golden gate miraculously opened. He proceeded to walk forward while I quietly followed behind him. I still have more questions waiting to be answered, but I guess that will have to wait.

 

As we entered the gate, the plain grasslands disappeared and were replaced with floating islands in the sky. This sight is utterly fascinating, it gives me the feeling as if this place is not something that exists somewhere on Earth. Breathtaking, that is the only word that formed in my mind as I was in awe of my surroundings. I can't help but ask the person walking in front of me.

 

"How do you travel from one island to another?"

 

"Ohh that? some of us fly, while some use teleportation. Since you've just arrived, let's take our time flying while I show you around."

 

I just nodded quietly in response. As we reached the edge of the island we're currently at, Gabriel's body started floating, and mine followed suit. Althought it felt strange for a few seconds, I was able to get accustomed to it and after a few seconds more, I became able to control myself freely. Maybe it's because of my talent, but as always, the speed at which I master things are really terrifying. Seeing the development at his back, Gabriel had his mouth wide open, looking dumbfounded.

 

"If there are any flies in this realm, I suggest you close your mouth, you wouldn't want to swallow one won't you?" I told him matter-of-factly.

 

Hearing my words, he immediately regained his usual composure, but there was still a trace of confusion in his eyes.

 

"H-how are you able to control it at will? The mana used to execute it originated from me.

 

Meaning, I'm the only one who should be able to control it. J-just what are you." He asked as if he just saw the impossible.

 

I was confused for a moment. Magic? Mana? it looks like those fictional powers really do exist huh? Anyways, is it really that much of a surprise? The principles of this thing called mana is pretty easy to understand compared to ki, it's like a simplified version of it. I was able to learn how it works, moments after it entered my body.

 

"You know the thing called 'Ki' right?"

 

"Ki?"

 

"You don’t know it? how about 'Internal energy'?"

 

"Internal energy? What are you talking about?"

 

It looks like the Gods are not aware that this kind of energy exists. “Too much for being the God of wisdom huh?”

 

"Why does it feel like you just dissed me in your head? If I wanted to, I can read your thoughts you know?"

 

"It's just your imagination, come on, lead the way already."

 

“What a cocky brat, ordering a god like me around”, Gabriel thought to himself as he smiled wryly.

 

"Still, this place really is beautiful, the God who designed this must be someone with good tastes."

 

I said while we're flying around with me beside Gabriel.

 

"Well of course, This is the work of my master after all, it goes without saying that everything my master creates is beautiful."

 

"Heh? Who is this master of yours? Which God of is he?"

 

"Everything."

 

"Everything?"

 

"My master is the one who created everything that exists, and when I say everything, I literally mean 'EVERYTHING'. In short, he's the Absolute being."

 

My eyes widened at his words, the Absolute being? I can't find words to describe my surprise.

 

"Surprised? hahaha, I knew you would be, after all it's the God of creation we're talking about."

 

After this brief conversation, I pondered for a moment about what this God looks like and how powerful he really is. I don’t know why, but at this moment, a certain woman's figure appeared in my mind.

 

"Gabriel-sama, is your master a male?"

 

"You can drop the honorifics, just call me Gabriel, as for my master, she can be whatever he wants, his existence is something beyond gender and sexuality. But I think she likes to take on the appearance and gender of a woman. Why?"

 

"Ahh nothing, I was just a little curious. Thank you"

 

We continued our travel for around 6 minutes more in silence. And finally, we arrived at an absurdly huge floating island with a Kingdom of some sort in the middle.

 

"Here we are. Welcome, to the Kingdom of Eden."

 

What arrived in my sight is a heavenly sight. The imagery of this kingdom gives one the feeling of peace and harmony. As expected of the place where the Gods reside.

 

Shortly after, we landed at the huge front door of the Huge castle at the center of the entire kingdom. Beside this door are two giant knights. One holds a sword, the other one holds a large shield. As if sensing the arrival of Gabriel, the two of them pushed open the huge door for us.

 

Gabriel turns towards me and gestures for me to walk forward.

 

"Let's go, the Gods are waiting for your arrival."

 

I just nodded lightly at him and we proceeded to walk in. I heard a loud boom behind me and the doors were now closed.

 

Just like the scenery from the outside, the interior of this castle really gives me the vibes of Holiness and majesty that can't be found on Earth. It's simply too large and breathtaking.We walked for another 8 minutes before reaching the doors of what seemed to be the main hall. There were 3 guards clad in silver knight armor guarding the hall from the outside, the moment they saw Gabriel, they knelt on one knee and opened the doors to the hall.

 

And what my eyes saw were around a thousand gods in the huge hall, having a party. All of them are dressed in elegant clothes while exuding majestic auras, I can't help but inhale deeply for a second there, but I managed to regain my composure immediately.

 

One of the 3 guards from earlier slowly came up in front of us and shouted in a loud manner which seems to envelop the entire hall.

 

"The God of wisdom has arrived!"

3