[5] God vs. King
44 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
"From the west gate, A God of unparalleled might, the most feared High ranking god, One who loves to bathe in the blood of his enemies. The Mighty God of War, Alvion!!"

 

"It seems like it already started" I muttered to myself as I prepared for my cue.

 

Loud cheers were both heard from the east and west sides. All of the humans and gods who idolize the God of war were roaring in their support.

 

"And from the East gate, The human challenged by the mighty God of war, The otherworlder summoned by the Gods to send to Greis. ummm, Rena, what feats does he have again?"

 

"Don't ask me, this human just came in today so I didn't have any time to gather his information."

 

"Oh, here it is, sorry for the wait everyone! so his achievements are..."

 

The announcer suddenly stopped her words, and I already found out why, just from seeing the God of space's expression.

 

"Lena? what's wrong?"

 

"ummm this person...H-He k-killed around 138 million of his own brethren."

 

"Yup, can’t be anything other than that!" I thought to myself cheerfully.

 

Once again silence engulfed the entire arena. And all of a sudden, voices of shock from the east side rang out.

 

I could hear the Gods booing and cursing at me. Well, I don't care if they do, it's not like I'm ashamed of it anyways.

 

"From the East gate, let's welcome. Lucas!"

 

"Well, that’s my cue."

 

I walked out of the room and finally stepped into the battlegrounds.

 

At this moment, the East side where the Gods are and where I came out of was already silent and waiting for my appearance.

 

But when the humans at the west seats saw my appearance, their clamoring immediately stopped.

 

After 3 seconds, all the humans on the west stood up and suddenly stood up, there was no one who was left sitting. All of them shouted.

 

"It is an honor to meet you, Your Majesty!"

 

The voices of the humans were in perfect sync as if it was rehearsed. I was surprised for a bit as I didn't expect these people to know about me. After all, some of them even looked like those people from the 60s to 80s.

 

The entire arena is now silent, no voices could be heard, only the distant echoes of the humans' voices.

 

"Y-Your majesty!?" Gabriel who was on the East side, munching on popcorn was wide-eyed as he didn't expect this kind of development. His jaws almost dropped to the ground.

 

"R-Rena!? what is this!? what's happening?"

 

The announcer who was confused and surprised suddenly started shaking her twin for answers.

 

"I-I don't know!"

 

A shadow appeared in the room of the announcers and gave the twins a stack of papers.
"T-this, just what kind of human is this!?"

 

Rena's voice was heard throughout the entire arena because of the voice amplification magic.
"K-king of humanity, Lucas, only 18 years old!? Born in a country called Japan, his Parents died when he was still 6 years old, Killed 138 million criminals and corrupt leaders. Earth's very own God of War!?" Maybe because of the surplus of surprises, Rena, the God of Time fainted.

 

"R-Rena? Rena!? Oi wake up! I can't do this work by myself!" The God of space called out to her twin in an attempt to wake her up, But to no avail, she didn't wake up.

 

"A-anyways, everyone! Since my sister fainted, I'll be handling this on my own, please lend Lena here your support!!"

 

...

 

"I didn't expect my opponent to be a king, hahaha, you humans really are full of surprises!" Alvion said to me while laughing.

 

"I now understand the reason behind those ridiculous amounts of killings. Normally, I would've judged you to be worthy already, but since we came this far already, let's just fight it out and give the people a good show. I'm also curious how powerful the King of Humanity is! Don't worry, I will only use 50% of my strength, I won't exceed that number."

 

"Same here, please entertain me. But, a piece of advice; I suggest you fight me with your all. I wouldn't want this fight to end in a one-sided massacre" I replied in a calm tone

 

"Hoh? I like your attitude. I’ll keep it in mind, let this God of War kill you in just a second!"
At that moment, Alvion released a huge amount of killing intent which made most of the audience tremble in fear. Gods were no exception.

 

But I just stood there calmly. It's not that it doesn't affect me, the killing intent is strong, but mine is much stronger than his. And I'm still far superior in terms of combat. Why? because I can sense it.

 

The God of war, Alvion... don't know how to use Ki.

 

"That's not how you show your opponent your killing intent."

 

"Oh? why don't you show me then?" Alvion, who looked a little annoyed at my words urged me to show him.

 

"Very well" I replied as I closed my eyes. And when I opened them, A huge amount of bloodlust burst out from me. Its strength and density is 4 times stronger than those of the God of war's.

 

"W-what the fuck is this!?" Alvion, whose eyes almost went black due to the pressure said in a surprised tone.

 

My bloodlust enveloped the entire arena, completely subduing Alvion's killing intent. But I made it so that it’s only directed to the Gods.

 

Most of the Gods watching us were clearly terrified by my bloodlust, some of the supposedly lower-ranking ones even fainted.

 

I quickly retracted my bloodlust and looked at the God of war who had a terrified look on his face.

 

"W-what are you.." Alvion said with a stuttering voice.

 

"An average person?” I replied with a playful grin.

 

"Haha..HAHAHAHA! This is amazing! To think that I met someone who could almost bring me down to my knees due to bloodlust! Moreover, a human! This is gonna be good!" Said Alvion with a look of ecstasy on his face.

 

The announcer's stuttering voice rang out.

 

"Remember, the moment one of you uses any kind of magic, it will be detected by the orb at that tower. The participant that broke the rule will be disqualified immediately and the victory will automatically go to the opponent. Well then, God of war, Alvion vs. King of Humanity, Lucas. Battle, START!"

 

<Spectator's seats, west side 4 minutes ago>

 

"D-dear, that's our son! w-why is he here!? Did our son die? how!?" Said the woman as she anxiously gripped the hem of her husband's shirt.

 

""I-I don't know, but I'm sure that he's still alive since the announcer said that he was summoned."

 

"B-but still, he's facing the God of War right now! there's no way he can survive this! It's a god!"

 

"D-Don't worry, let's just trust in him. They said that he's gonna be sent to another world right? I'm sure that they won't let him die just like that." Replied the man as he comforted her wife who is now trembling and crying.

 

...

 

"Lucas is a king? hahaha, that man really gives me, the God of wisdom a lot of surprises, it looks like something interesting is gonna happen in Greis sooner or later." Said Gabriel as he snacks on his popcorn while watching intensely as the battle below unfolds.

 

"Let's bet! how many minutes will this human last?"

 

"I bet 500,000 that he won't last more than 30 minutes!"

 

"700,000! This guy will last an hour!"

 

"600,000 for 50 minutes."

 

The betting on the side of the Gods started and there and many gamblers participated.

 

...

 

"START!"

 

The guard in charge of hitting the giant gong slammed the huge bat into the gong
The giant gong rang, signaling the start of the match. Before the loud sound could diminish, I already disappeared from my position and reappeared at the front of Alvion instantly.

 

I immediately used 70% of my abilities in this attack since my opponent is a formidable god.
In an instant, my right fist was only 2 inches away from Alvion's face. I could see his pupils constricting slowly as he tried to use both his arms to block my punch. But before he could even move his arm, my fist was already connected with his face. His face caved in as my attack hit the bridge of his nose.

 

BANG!*

 

A loud bang was heard from the battlegrounds as a figure flew out from the cloud of dust at high speeds and finally slams into the wall, creating a huge crater.

 

Silence*

 

The entire arena was silenced as the event was just too fast for their eyes to handle. Most of them thought that the match was over and I was already dead from the God of war's instantaneous attack.

 

The clouds of dust at the wall with a huge crater and the center of the arena finally subsided. But what they saw shocked them to their core.

 

They saw me at the center of the arena, my right arm still stretched out while my red eyes looked cold and ruthless that it sent chills down everyone's spine.

 

What shocked them the most was the person pinned onto the wall with a deformed face full of blood. It was the God of war that they idolized. His face was full of blood and his breathing and pulse were weakening.

 

The spectators didn't expect this kind of result at all. They thought that I was the one who was eliminated, but it seems as if reality pulled a prank on them and the opposite of the expected result happened.
2