Chapter 12: Refuge Sought
176 15 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Feng, what … are you?”

 

Feng opens his mouth, but makes no sound. This simple question is currently giving him a migraine. 

 

“Would you still believe me if I say that I'm a human?” 

 

“Would you yourself?” 

 

A calming yet unquestionably authoritative tone speaks, and for a second Feng feels like a student whose teacher just caught him sleeping in class. He quickly stands up to meet Morax’s eyes. 

 

“Oh, you’re probably why we’re safe.”

 

“You know me?” Morax approaches Feng and Corcell and calmly asks. 

 

“Zhongli? Is it?” Feng answers, remembering his experience playing the game back in before his reincarnation. “I appreciate you saving us.”

 

“Oh? Now I’m curious as to how you came to know that name.” Morax stops at a distance that’s fitting to converse yet far enough for Feng’s comfort. 

 

Feng suddenly remembers that the Geo Archon before him isn’t exactly the one he knows from the game. Instead of the armor-plated tuxedo set that manages to perfectly blend together the western and eastern fashion style, Morax is currently donning a white robe that is fastened with golden lines in the pattern of the geo elemental symbol. Feng finds it almost funny that there must be a hole in that hood in order for Morax’s long ponytail hair style to extend out from his clothing. 

 

More importantly, however, Feng recognizes that outfit. In the game, Zhongli was, at one point, seen in that outfit; it was during a cutscene depicting events that predated the in-game timeline by thousands of years. 

 

Basically, at this point in time, Rex has not yet entered incognito mode. As a result, nearly no one but some of his most trusted group of Archons knows his human name. 

 

“Um, about that,” Feng stumbles a bit, partly because Morax’s stature suddenly appears more menacing upon his question, and also because Feng hasn’t entirely processed everything that had happened to him just yet. “I … guessed?”

 

“I need to learn to shut up!” Feng thinks. 

 

Feng has met the Geo Archon for less than 10 seconds and he is already in a$$-clenching  mode. 

 

Morax carefully inspects the young man before him. He senses Adeptus blood within Feng, but also something else. Something that reminds him of the sustainer up in heaven. 

 

“We’re leaving.” Corcell announces before Morax speaks again.

 

She stands up, but momentarily stumbles by a twitch of her broken wing.

 

Corcell waves her hand over the wounds on her wings that are still bleeding various elemental particles. A few snowflakes float around the wing, and soon its wounds are frozen close. A firm tug from her, and Feng is practically yanked away. 

 

“Before that,” Morax says, stopping Corcel. He gazes at each Archon currently present, eventually landing his eyes on Feng’s: “I demand to know about Mt. Tianheng’s base.”

 

“It was not me!” Feng lets out almost instinctively. Regret instantly follows.

 

Imagine walking up to a police officer and say “officer I did not commit any crime.” That might be true, but it’d for sure get people thinking a bit. 

 

“A lunatic cultist chased us into the mountain. Upon his defeat, he blew up the base in an attempt to crush us.” Corcell quickly explains before yanking Feng to her side by the arm.

 

“What a fascinating tale.” Morax admits. “I never knew that Mt. Tianheng could be ‘entered’, even though I casted it into the land myself.”

 

He crossed his arm, staring right into Feng’s eyes. 

 

Feng tightens his lips, knowing that one wrong word and he’d get to find out what happened to the dinosaurs. 

 

“I need to learn to shut up!” Feng tells himself again in his mind. 

 

What happened to Mt. Tianheng? What else could have happened? He minded out the mountain’s base, then some lunatic blew the rest up, causing the whole mountain to collapse on to itself. But how could Feng have known that he should not have mined out that mountain? 

 

Feng had just loaded into a new world, as a Terrarian. Mining is programmed into Terrarian's genetics. 

 

Dogs wag their tails.

 

Cats bury their poo.

 

And Terrarians reshape the land and ocean via mining so that they may obtain powerful items to obliterate the likes of dragon-pig-fish, eldritch deities, and the angler. 

 

It’s all nature. 

 

“Did the collapse hurt anyone?” Feng carefully asks, after he manages to shut up for a whopping 2 seconds. 

 

“If it had, I wouldn’t just be talking right now.” Morax crosses his arm.

 

Feng lets out a sigh of relief. If anything, at least no one was hurt. So if he was to be prosecuted for mining down a mountain, it probably won’t be too bad? 

 

A chuckle suddenly breaks the silence. Morax turns to face his dear companion and asks: “Guizhong, it appears that your old friends have arrived. Shall we welcome our guests?”

 

All of a sudden it’s back to a$$-clenching mode for Feng. Clench so hard that it can flatten a textbook into a single page. “Shall we welcome our guests?” He said. What? Do we not even have the choice to refuse? You just decided that we’re your guests now? 

 

This ain’t an invitation; this is incarceration. 

 

Also wait, Guizhong?

 

“Sooner the better!” The Dust Archon warns, referring to Corcell. “Her wounds need to be treated.”

 

“Wait, you’re not dead?” Feng speaks, surprised by the discrepancy to the lore he knew. 

 

The moment Feng realizes just what he had said, he sees, as Morax’s glare falls back onto him, a red 危 appearing over his own head. 

 

“I REALLY need to learn to shut up!” Feng thinks to himself. 

 

-------

 

Morax’s words are absolute; if he says that you are his guest, you are his guest, even when he is in your home.

 

Rex Lapis leads the rest of the Archons, and the group traverses towards Liyue Harbor.

 

Havria and her people are willing to follow. Afterall, it was their intention to seek refuge in Rex Lapis’ territory. 

 

Corcell on the other hand is rather silent. Guizhong has taken a rather firm stance over inviting her to Liyue.

 

“Look, Corcell, there’s no way I am letting you leave! You will not face those heretics when you are this wounded!” Guizhong said as she slightly puffed her cheeks. 

 

Several minutes of walking later, and while Feng is trying his best to actually shut up and not be the “are we there yet” guy, someone else broke the silence, to his surprise. 

 

“Why are we walking!?” Corcell impatiently demands. 

 

“Morax has agreed to take in Havria’s believers. We are traversing at the speed that’s possible for them.” Guizhong explains. 

 

“Then let’s split. We will head to yours, and The rest can lead the crowd.” Corcell proposes. 

 

“That’s …” Guizhong hesitates. She casts her glance at Feng, but Feng looks to Morax instead. 

 

“You two may leave if so desired.” Morax turns to say. “But I have invited the young man to join the negotiation of our upcoming contracts.” 

 

“Morax! He has nothing to do with you seeing Havria in!” Corcell opposes. 

 

“Thus, unless a contract is established with him, we can not welcome him into our land.” Morax replies. 

 

“Oh you stubborn…” Corcell chews up her own words. The rest of the group remains silent.

 

Corcell is amongst the few around here who can call Morax stubborn. 

 

Feng was about to propose letting the Adepti to see the people into Liyue, while the Archons and himself head for that negotiation, but for once, Feng manages to hold his tongue. Havira has a significant number of followers, and they are all defenseless. Unless Morax is here, the Adepti themselves may not be able to protect everyone throughout this journey. 

 

On the other hand, Feng can also tell that Corcell’s desire to return is extremely urgent. Like, your little cousin is in your room with your PC while you are away, level of urgent. 

 

If the fact that she waited those few days after the first cultist’s defeat was to recover her strength, then why did she agree to lend her helping hand to Feng against Osial and Beisht? Because she’s curious about Feng like she said? Or was it because her and Havria are friends? 

 

Either way, Feng does intend to help. However at his current power level, facing the lunatic cultist would be suicide. Feng thinks ESC in his mind, and brings up his Block System’s menu. 

 

Though he is fully clothed, and quite well-dressed currently, Feng’s armor accessory slots are emptier than his bank account back home. Feng even browsed through his different loadouts: F1, F2, F3. Blue, Pink, Green. 

 

All empty. 

 

He lets out an audible sigh. There’s simply no way he can face an end-game boss like this. Feng also remembers that the cultist they beat revealed that there are more than one “elite” cultists like him, so it was probably an army that went against Cloud City. 

 

“Corcell, since you need to return to your city, and you are friends with Guizhong, why not ask her for help?” Feng suggests, knowing that he currently isn’t strong by any means. 

 

Corcell and Guizhong look towards one another, avert their eyes, then remain silent. 

 

“If the Cloud seeks help from Liyue, shouldn’t there first be a contract then?” Morax speaks. 

 

“Oh, diplomacy. National policies and BS.” Feng realizes. Corcell is the ruler of her City, and her asking the Archon of another nation for military support would first require, at best, a ton of paperwork. 

 

“Feng.” Corcell calls. 

 

“Yeah?” 

 

“Would you value the lives of others, as you would that of your fellow humans?” She questions.

 

Feng isn’t immediately sure what she meant by that. 

 

Seeing that he fell silent, Corcell continues: “I know that I am asking a lot, but I hope that you wouldn’t hold a heart of prejudice.” 

 

Before Feng could reply, Corcell attempts to take off. Yet her broken wing is holding her down. Guizhong summons a piece of dust cloud, and it carries the two away Northwise. 

 

Feng stands still momentarily, having just understood Corcell, yet hadn’t the time to answer her. He now knows why Corcell helped him when he decided to stay and face Osial and Beisht. No matter what reason she gave, they may be true, but perhaps the most important motivation was that Corcell was asking him to help her back.

 

She’d save the people that Feng wanted to protect, and Feng can then return the favour by saving the harpies that Corcell looks after. 

 

“Silly girl.” Feng says in a downcast voice. “I naturally want to help you back. But right now, I am simply not strong enough. You shouldn’t be placing all of your hope in me alone.”

 

Although he has laid out a plan on what he can do at this point, the future isn’t looking too bright when he essentially needs to face Hardmode bosses with Pre-Hardmode gear. 

 

“One step at a time, I guess.” Perhaps he wants to play-hero; perhaps he is simply ignorant of the dangers ahead, but since Corcell, being the first person Feng has met since his reincarnation, risked her life to save his, he isn’t about to sit and do nothing in return. Feng thinks to himself as he slightly quickens his steps towards Liyue. 

 

“But seriously, are we there yet?”

 

-------

 

Once the group set foot in the Harbor, most people let out a sigh of relief. Finally, safety. Right as they approach the town composed of mudbrick houses, Feng spots a little orange figure waving at the Archons and Adepti, while eagerly jumping up and down. 

 

Getting close, Feng recognizes him, and at the same time, the little bear also sees that there’s someone he didn’t know traveling alongside his friends. 

 

“Oh! Guoba! Hello there!” Feng happily greets. Finally, someone who looks like they are comparatively easier to converse with. 

 

“Hmm? Guoba? Are you referring to me?” The little orange bear points his stuffy paw at his own nose and asks. 

 

Feng is taken aback. From the look, there’s no mistaking it. The little bear before him welcoming everyone to Liyue is Guoba: the pepper-eating, fire breathing, emoji plushy of Genshin. That is the little bear that Xiangling drops out of thin air with her elemental skill. However, Feng did not expect that Guoba could speak. Even more, he did not expect that a  child-size plush bear would sound like a young adult male. 

 

What is this? Is this real? 

 

“Ah, right, sorry, right now you aren’t called that yet.” Feng apologizes while scratching the back of his head. “But anyway, nice to meet you, god of stove.”

 

The Adepti are settling Havria’s believers into the Harbor, Marchosius is getting to know Feng, despite the initial confusion, and Morax, with his index finger curved and placed beneath his chin, thoughtfully observes Feng. 

 

“And with that,” Morax announces, “Shall we meet for our negotiation?” 

 

Feng stops his chat with the little bear. He turns to see Morax and Havria standing not far from him. He nods, not knowing what the future holds. However, by now, Feng has little to fear. If Morax wanted retribution, Feng would have died long ago. 

 

“Then let us go to Mt. Aocang.” Morax announces. Soon after, he disappears into a streak of golden lights. 

 

Havira, similarly, materializes into a thin dust cloud of pure white salt, and disappears with the wind. 

 

Feng: “... Huh!?”

 

“Um?” He turns towards Guoba and asks: “Did Zhong- Rex Lapis expect me to follow?” 

 

“What’s the issue?” Marchosius asks. 

 

“The issue is that I think I might have to walk to Mt. Aocang.”

 

The little bear grasps the situation. It’d appear that Rex Lapis did not realize that his dear guest lacks the means to travel as they do. It’s frankly quite fascinating that the Geo Archon would make mistakes like this. 

 

“Well, it appears that you have quite a journey ahead of yourself.” Marchosius lets out a friendly little giggle. “What say you look around in Liyue while you are at it? We’ve been working on our nation’s law for a while by now, but stay friendly, and that’s basically about all we ask from you.”

 

“So how far away is that mountain from here?” Feng asks. 

 

“If you can not fly,” the little bear replies. “By foot, a couple of weeks. You can get there faster if you hire an ox cart.” 

 

Feng is speechless.

 

That moment when no movement accessory.

 

“Never mind then. I guess I should really go find that anvil then.” Feng lets out. “Do you know where the blacksmith is?” 

 

“There are several shops spread across Liyue, and the one closest to us is east towards the Liuli Pavilion.” Machusins 

 

“Liuli Pavilion?” Feng repeats in amazement, “That restaurant dates back this long ago? Shocking!”

 

In the game, Liuli Pavilion is one out of the two leading establishments for Liyue’s cuisine. Feng remembers how the game kinda hypes up the place in the story as well-known business, but then he was able to purchase the entirety of their business trait secret: the recipes, for a few thousand Mora in game. 

 

Marchosius isn’t quite sure what Feng meant by that, but still points him in the right direction regardless. “Don’t worry, if they return for you, I’ll let them know, so don’t stray too far from there.”

 

Feng thanks the kind Stove Archon, and goes on his way. 

 

-------

 

If one were to set foot in Mt. Aocang, they would end up trespassing Adepti territory and would be arrested for the offense.

 

But, they’d also be hypnotized by the stunning view of this place. Peaks of mountains wear layers of clouds as rings. The lakes are clear, allowing one to see straight at the sediment of the lakes. The trees all bear leaves in shades of orange and gold, as if the realm is in a perpetual autumn. There, Archons and Adepti frequently gather, sharing tales, spending time, and writing history. 

 

Morax and Havria did not expect that they would be the first to arrive at the scene. Aside from the gentle rustling of the leaves, and the occasional singing from the birds, Mt Aocang is quite peaceful. 

 

“Did the young man not follow?” Morax questions. 

 

Havria doesn’t know what to answer. 

 

Soon, a dust cloud lands, carrying Guizhong and Corcell. 

 

“Sorry everyone!” Guizhong announces before she even lands, “We went to Jueyun Karst to find some herbs that could help treat Corcell’s injury.” 

 

As soon as they landed, Havria notices that Corcell's wounded wing is wrapped in cotton bandages. The bulge appears to be stuffed with herbs. 

 

“Where did you get the bandages from?” Havria asks. 

 

“I always carry bandages with me.”

 

“Hmm? How come?” Morax asks, suddenly sounding a bit concerned. 

 

“Hey listen,” Guizhong playfully says while averting any and all eye contacts, “sometimes, bandages are all you need to hold a prototype together during invention okay?”

 

Morax asks no more. 

 

Corcell instead questions: “Where is Feng?”

 

“I think he did not follow when we headed out.” Morax answers. 

 

“Did no one carry him here?” Corcell frowns, “He did say that he’s a human, after all.”

 

Silence befalls the group. 

 

“Perhaps I can ask Cloud retainer to give him a ride.” Morax considers. 

 

However, just as he is about to deliver his telepathic message, the sound of cranes echoes between the various mountains surrounding the gathering. From another direction, a couple of deers are seen traversing in the sky, gracefully running on the clouds. 

 

“...”

 

“So, who’s ready to make a return trip?” 

 

-------

 

The ancient Liyue isn’t exactly like what’s in the game. To begin, it’s huge, much larger than the map in the game. But also, the buildings appear much less elegant. Most are made of mud breaks. While they have that iconic dynasty-style-looking rooftops made of red clay tiles, the craftsmanship is rough at best. 

 

People are clothed, though in coarse cloth. Even the few passers by who appear to be of a higher status than the rest, are not in anything close to the fine silk that Feng associates with his image of “expensive cloth from the past”. 

 

The nation is still young. Feng has reincarnated quite far in the past. 

 

“Well, if anything, this area does look closer to a city than a minecraft village.” Feng remarks. 

 

He wanders around, following the fragrance of cooked food. Even though Feng has not felt hunger or thirst, or the universal need to take a poo poo, since he reincarnated, the scent of those foods still aroused his appetite. 

 

“Man, if only I wasn’t broke.” - Feng (Net worth: 1 slime worth of Mora)

 

Luckily the world doesn’t seem to be one that is plagued by any cursed seeds during generation, if that may even apply to this world. No bombs fell from trees, so the world is not fortheworthy. No spawning underground in hell, so there’s no getfixedboi. Feng is thanking some random deity out there for not seeing any bees, which, as he remembers, can shoot their stingers out and reload themselves like a gun. And finally, there’s no hunger status affect, so Feng isn’t in a theconstant seed either. That is to say, he really has no need to eat for survival. 

 

Feng’s desire to take a bite at the nearest anything quickly evaporates when he hears that clear, crisp sound of a hammer striking an anvil. He starts running towards the sound, and at long last sees, under a little wooden pergola, a blacksmith. 

 

An aged man with muscles tough enough to resemble boulders is diligently hammering a red hot piece of metal.  When the hunk of steel loses its orange glow, the smith quickly plunges it back into the forge.

 

“Ergou! Keeps the fire hot! More Coal!” The old smith yells. 

 

“Ah, yes father!” The young man named Ergou tirelessly shovels charcoal into the forage before tending to the blower. 

 

“A primitive design.” Feng thinks to himself, “So primitive, it’s actually fascinating to watch.”

 

That said, Feng isn’t too invested in his admiration of air blowers made of mud. He approaches the anvil, which the smith has now gone back to hammering. Feng opens his menu, and is pleased to see that being near the anvil really does bring up additional crafting options. 

 

“So I guess, a station doesn’t need to be crafted by me in order to be useful.” Feng thinks. 

 

The smith, on the other hand, is quite bothered by Feng’s presence. While he normally likes to focus on his work, and dislikes when customers come with idle chats, the fact that Feng is just standing there, quietly, sometimes even nodding while looking at his anvil, somehow bothers the smith even more. 

 

Despite that, the smith focuses on hammering. 

 

Feng then walks into the shop, heading straight towards the forge

 

“Um, can I help you?” The young man named Ergou arrives to ask. 

 

“Nope, just browsing. Quite a nice shop this is.” Feng replies, yet his attention isn’t paid to whom he spoke to. 

 

He is looking right at his menu, and as he had hoped, being near the forge, opened up options to craft the various ores he has into bars. 

 

Copper, tin, iron, lead, tungsten, silver, and most importantly, meteorite. 

 

As Feng is converting the ores into bars, he notices that in Mt. Tianheng where he mined, he found both variants of different tiers of ores. From that, Feng deduces that perhaps this world was generated on a seed, specifically: 05162020. The seed is named “Drunk World” and containing all variants of ores is one of its unique aspects. 

 

“That probably means that both evil are present in this world.” Feng speaks to himself. “Well, guess someone else has to deal with it. I ain’t going close to there.”

 

The old smith has no idea what this stranger is talking about, but he can’t help but to weirdly feel like Feng is somehow judging him. 

 

And that irritates him. 

 

The smith tries to focus on his work again, but finds it difficult because Feng is back at staring at his anvil. Occasionally, he’d also smile and nod.

 

And that also irritates the smith. 

 

He does not need anyone’s approval for his work. 

 

Naturally, Feng isn’t paying much attention to the smith. He approached, saw that the smith wasn't reacting, and began tinkering with his own crafting menu. 

 

At first, Feng was debating what he’d craft first with his meteorite bars. However, after seeing that he has plenty even accounting for the ones spent on crafting the armor, Feng no longer needs to debate. 

 

Quoting Liyue’s deity: “I'll take them all.”

 

The smith’s hammering rhythm has been distorted, for his heart is clouded by annoyance from Feng’s apparent judgment. 

 

Right at this moment, Feng crafts his first Space Gun. 

 

*Sluggish Space Gun

 

Quite an awful modifier from his first try. 

 

Feng frowns, letting out under his breath: “Man that sucks.”

 

Veins begin popping beneath the skin of the smith’s temple upon hearing that. 

 

He grips his hammer a little tighter, hammers a little stronger, and also a little faster. 

 

Sparks shoot out from each strike, landing on Feng, yet neither seem to care much about that.

 

Feng crafts the Space Gun again. Though he hates wasting resources, currently he can afford to splurge this once. 

 

*Masterful Space Gun

 

Bingo!

 

Feng smiles. 

 

Such mockery! The smith thinks, clenching his teeth hard enough that he can hear the grind despite the noise of his shop. 

 

Saving the rest of the bars for bullets in the future. Feng quickly crafts himself a Star Cannon and a Red Phasesaber. The ruby used for the saber was originally intended for a hook. However, since Feng discovered that he already had a Dual Hook during his fight with Ossial, he used the gemstone to craft himself a melee weapon. 

 

While for most battles, Feng intends to stay as far away from the enemy as possible, when the enemy is up close, a sword may be a better choice than a bazooka. 

 

Neither of the last two weapons has any modifiers. 

 

“Alright, at least they ain’t total garbage.” Feng remarks. 

 

A thunderous strike hits the anvil, nearly breaking the hilt of the hammer. 

 

The smith has had enough with this well-dressed young man. The old man’s expression is gloomy enough to rival that of a thundercloud, and he is fully ready to physically remove the brat in front of him if need be. 

 

However, just as the old man opens his mouth, his voice is choked right back, as he witnesses Feng transforming from a young man into something that looks straight out of a science fiction scene. 

 

And considering this is currently thousands of years before the internet, the nuance of seeing a full body Space Armor suit is enough to cause psychological damage to the unsuspecting smith. 

 

Feng has equipped his Meteor Armor set. The plates of orange and purple metal materialize right on top of Feng’s body. Feng is surprised to find that even after wearing the armor, his movement doesn’t feel restricted at all. It is as if the armor was his own skin. Comfort maximized. 

 

Feng walks around, and as he does so, trails of flame and sparks are left behind him, vanishing after a brief moment. 

 

The smith’s mouth remains open, yet still no sound is made. In fact, not long after, everyone nearby has noticed Feng’s Gucci Prada Supreme Balenciaga Meteor Armor set, and Feng is beginning to develop an allergic reaction to this much social attention. 

 

Credit: Joke taken from Waffle Time's Terraria video: Can You Beat MASTER MODE Terraria With ONLY ZENITH COMPONENTS? - YouTube

 

He looks back at the smith and sees his mouth and eyes are wide open.

 

“Good day! Good bye!” Feng says, before sprinting away in a trail of flames. 

 

A chill runs down the old smith’s back. The only way that he can make sense of what he saw is that Feng must be an Adeptus, possibly even an Archon. Perhaps he is an Adeptus who would disguise as a regular person to live among the people. 

 

Had the smith actually lost his temper back there, he would have unleashed his wrath on a literal deity. That would have been a sin that would have, if not get him arrested, at least demolish his customer base, as no one would dare to seek the service of a smith who has angered a god. 

 

Luckily for the smith, that did not happen. Based on Feng’s greeting at the end, he did not sound angry either. 

 

The old smith’s face is slightly pale. When Ergou comes to ask how he was, he suddenly turns to the young man and preaches: “Son, listen! From this day on you must always remember what I am about to tell you!”

 

“Um, wha- what is it father? ”

 

“A blacksmith’s work takes focus and concentration. It does not take small talk with customers.”

 

Little does anyone know, that would later become the standard in the smithing industry for centuries to come. 

 

A while of running later, Feng makes another exciting discovery: shortly after equipping the meteor armor set, a semi-translucent red sphere appears from the armor and encases Feng. It acts as a protective layer, yet doesn’t restrain Feng from performing any activities. 

 

Feng recognizes what this sphere is, but he has no idea how it occurred. 

 

The sphere is a shield, formed from an elemental reaction called “Crystallization”. It occurs when a certain element is combined with the geo element. The reaction will produce a crystal, and contacting the crystal can grant one an elemental shield.

 

To add to the confusion, Feng realizes that the crystal shield appears to be perpetual, when normally the shield would deplete with time. Feng takes out a piece of meteor bar from his inventory and hypothesizes that: since the meteorite is by nature geo, yet it also burns to the touch, this material contains two kinds of elemental power within itself: Pyro and Geo. As a result, armor forged from it would enter a self-reacting state, producing an ever-lasting elemental shield. 

 

Feng burns his CPU for about 15 seconds before deciding that there’s no need to think too hard on how any of it works. Instead, he switches the bars for his newly acquired Masterful Space Gun. 

 

The firearm is beautifully crafted, polished until shining, and the weight feels good. Feng is eager to try it, though naturally not when he is still in Liyue. 

 

“Now if only this meteorite bar could make something that would allow me to fly. I don’t get it, it seems like a missed opportunity. How can something space-themed be so down to the ground?” Feng mentally shakes his head, deliberately dismissing the drill containment unit’s existence. 

 

Feng then takes out his star cannon. 

 

“If there’s anything I can depend on at this moment, it’d probably be you.” Feng says, remembering his depleting stock of carrots in his inventory. “Still, this isn’t enough! Facing that many cultists, it’s far from enough. There must be something else I can do. But what?” 

 

Just as Feng begins to wonder, he hears a familiar voice calling him. It’s Corcell; she and Guizhong have arrived on dust clouds to take Feng to meet with Morax. 

 

This has been a writer's block that took a drill containment unit to break through. For reference, I planned on releasing Feng and Corvus' stories in alternating patterns (one chapter per character each, back and forth), eventually weaving their plot lines together. But since this specific chapter took so long to write, I released two of Corvus' chapters back to back instead.

I don't understand, this chapter is simple: Feng and a bunch of gods walk to Liyue. The end. How did it take this long to write? And why does this chapter still feels so cheap. Oh well, whatever. Here's hope that I struggle less in future chapters.

I trashed 2 separate drafts of this one chapter, containing over 4k words, each! That experience made me want to drink coffee with my nose.

Anyway, thanks for reading random internet people. I hope this chapter made your day a little better. And if it did not, feel free to unleash your wrath upon me. I am not a deity. I am whatever the opposite of a deity is.

 

Has talking too much ever gotten you into troubles?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
3