Chapter 3: Sister
931 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author Note- Hi there! I am not so sorry for the late update because I am on time. I was planning to update last week but I already update ch2 a week early before. Starting next week the updates might be irregular because I normally right this novel when i am depress or sad. But no worries, i live with an emotionally abusive sister so i will be crying at least 2 times a week. But sadly there will be no update next week because of misterms but I will be back to finishing chapter 4 and a onw shot i have planned. 

Yu Ling 5yr is Qi kingdom's only princess. The beloved daughter of the Emperor. Although honorable father had many concubines, the only person he had ever loved and had children with was Empress Mother. As for the rest of the women, they were basically sex slaves for peace. Had it not been for the court ministers insisted, father would probably never created a harem. In order to make sure that the concubines do not cause a problem or become a threat to mother, he secretly had them all sterilized. That also included the maids around mother. It was a precautionary for those who decided to find rich and glory by climbing into his bed. And that happened a lot in the past. Father was way too easy to be drugged. Mother even had a good laugh at Father's idiocy. Anyway, back to my sister.

Yu Ling was born weak. During the time when mother was pregnant with her, mother closest friend and servant poisoned. The reason why mother was poisoned was that the maid was in loved with father and wanted to have a chance with, but alas father's love for mother was so deep that when he found out it was her who poisoned mother, he made a living hell for the maid. The maid is still currently alive. Father would not just let her die that easily for her sins. Now she is currently living out her life tortured and regretting falling in love with a man far beyond her status. As a result of the poisoning, mother went into an early labor and Yu Ling was born prematurely. Mother's body could not handle the strain of giving birth since the poison had weakened her greatly so she died and as for my sister, the poison had weakened her body in the womb so her health had always been very fragile. As a result, the whole family is incredibly protective of her. She is also perhaps the only family member I can still love and trust. In the past lives, she was the one who confirmed me when I was hurt due to Feng Hong's infidelity and the only one who fought for me. At the end in each life, she would always due young because of her weak body and even in death, she was always worried about me.

By the time I had made my way to Begonia Palace, the sun was brought to a set. The servant at the door welcome me in and announced to the residents that I was here. Soon my beloved sister came running to me and hugged me.

"3rs brother I missed you," she said with a big smile on her face.

I gave a genuine smile that I had not used since the day of the banquet and patted her head.

"I had missed you too. I knew that you were sad about being unable to go to the banquet so I got you a present to cheer you up"

I have her the jewelry box and watched her opened it. On the day of the banquet, Xaoi Ling had a relapse so she had to stay in bed all day, thus missing the celebration.

She opens the box with glee and gave me another hug.

"Thank you so much bother! I love it. Put it on for me."

I took the pin from her hand and place it in her hair.

"You looked very pretty." I praised her and she laughed joyfully. I gave her a right hug adding another promise to myself. I swear to find a cure for her. That is the least I can do for her as a brother. In the past lives, I was just too caught up with love to actually try to find a cure for her. But not this time. This time I will find a way to cast away my love of him and save my sister. And let go of her and said goodbye.

"I'm sorry to cut this short but I have to go now. I promise that I will spend more time with you next time."

She gave me a sad but understanding look and asked where I was going. I told her that I was going to see father. She gave one more hug and I kissed her forehead and said goodbye. I left the palace and began to make my way to Father's palace, the Palace of the Dragon.

Along the way there I once again met the last person I want to see.

Damn it. Fate really like to play with me.

Feng Hong saw me and went up to me.

14