Chapter 1:Seeing You
1.2k 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up and found myself on the ground. My head was a bit foggy but it was still clear enough to see Phoenix liked eyes looking down at me. Then I stood up like if I had been shocked by all the memories of my past lives started to come back to me. And I remembered. I have a small but sorrowful smile as I remembered. I was Yu Ying, the 10yr third prince of the Qi Kingdom. I was on my way to the banquet hall the celebrate the envoys of the neighboring kingdom when I saw the peach blossom blooming and wanted to pick a branch for Emperor father so I climbed the tree but due to bad footing I fell and hit the ground. You saw the commotion and came running towards the tree only to find me on the ground. The moment I first saw your eyes was the moment I fell for you and it is no different in this life. I took a deep breath and turned around and greeted you with a smile.

"I thank you for your assistence. I am Yu Ying, Qi kingdom's 3rd prince. Would I have the honor of knowing your name?"

You gave me a breathtaking smile that always makes my heart beat loudly and answered me back.

"To answer your honor, I am Feng Hong, the 5th prince of the Ling Kingdom. I am one of the envoys sent here to join you and your family in celebration of our peace. I do not deserve your thanks for I did not do much in helping you. You were already on the ground when I dot there."

I couldn't stand your smile so I quickly turned around and said my parting words.

"I see. Anyhow, since this is your first time in the palace then you should follow me to the banquet hall."

You gave me your thanks and followed right behind me. In the past, I would of have walked alongside you trying to get to know you always trying to cling to you. I grimace at my foolishness. I seemed to learn a bit this time. I turned around and saw you smiling at me. My heart started to beat at a fast pace so I broke our contact and turned back to the front.

We finally reached the banquet hall and said our farewell, promising ( me a bit reluctantly) to met again.

I went into the hall bowed to my father and to my older brothers before taking my seat...right in front of you. I kept my head down, focusing only on my bowl and ignoring everything else. My father soon stood up and started to introduce you and your brothers as l envoys from the Ling kingdom. The 1st and crown prince Feng Long, 1st Princess Feng Yun, 3rd prince Feng Yu, and you, the 5th prince. Everyone started to clapped were giving you welcome and praises. The banquet soon started and I began to remember.

You were the 5th prince of the Ling kingdom. You were at the same age as my eldest brother. You first came to my kingdom as an envoy but a few days later, you stayed here permanently as my fiancee. In the many past lives before, I got to know you really and did everything to please you. And yet I never knew that you had never loved me. Being blinded by my love for you made me arrogantly think that you love me too. Oh, how I was wrong. Even though I knew everything about you and treat you so well you never really did to try to get to know me or...love me. Ahhhh. I feel like crying now but I held it in. I remember how in the last life I gave you a chance to break the engagement but you never did. I thought that you had finally loved me, but at last, it was not so. You married so that you can be near your current loved one, my 2nd brother. In the first life, it was my 1st brother, the 2nd was my best friend, the third was my bodyguard, and finally, the one before the last life was the 4th prince, my twin brother. Ahhhhhh. I want to get out of here. I looked up and saw you chatting happily with your siblings and my brothers. I was suddenly struck with the urge to grab you across the table and ask you why. Why did you never love me or even try to do so? But I held it in, only because the table was too wide and I would never be able to reach you. My twin brother who was next on my left saw my pale face and got worried.<span "Apple-converted-space"> 

" Are you alright"

I looked up and saw his face of genuine concern. I tried really hard to not look away. Ever since the fourth life when you fell for my twin brother, I can never really see him as my own brother but as a cruel man who was willing to betray his own blood brother, then again it also applied you past lovers before him, took you away from me. I remembered that when you left me for him I fell into despair and started to hate my face. I ruined my face since every time I looked into a mirror all I could see was the face of the man you love and to me. I remembered how I slowly died because of the poison you gave. I broke always from the memory and gave my brother Yu Ming a smile.

"I am fine Xiao Ming. I just didn't get enough rest"

Xiao Ming still had that worried look on his face and it was starting to get more attention from other people.

"Are you sure? You seem to be getting paler by the minute." my 2nd brother, Yu Zing 11yr voiced his concern.<span "Apple-converted-space"> 

Out from the corner of my eyes, I can see you looking at the interactions of my brothers and me.

"I can ask father to let you leave early."

My 1st brother, Yu Cao 13yr who was next to me on my left place his hand on me for comfort and told me that.

I looked at him and held back a silent scream. I did not want him to touch me. It was the same hands that killed me in the first life...killed me for you. I slowly took my hands from him and gave him a sign of thanks.

"Thank you, brother. I would have to bother you to do so."

Yu Cao called a servant over and whispered into his ears. The servant then went to emperor father to relay the message. Father looked at us and gave a nod. Signaling me that I was allowed to leave. I gave my thanks to those around me and quickly left the hall. All the while ignoring your gaze. The moment I stepped out my bodyguard, Su Rao came to my side to escort me back to my palace.

"Leave me be. I want to walk alone"

"This servant obeys" Su Rao 15yr left me and I began my way back to my room.

On the way back I stopped by the peach tree, the place where we first met and cried. Oh, how I wish for this vile tree to burned away. I wished that I had been reborn earlier so that I can avoid you. I thought to myself how could my brothers and friends be so willing to hurt and betray me. How could the hands that had protected me and the hands that held me with such gentleness be the same hands that hurt me and killed me? In a few more days the decision of our marriage will be made. I stop crying then and steeled my resolves. In this life, I want to do nothing with you and to do away anything that has to do with the royal family. Even if I had to kill myself in order to break the loop of marrying and you killing me as a result then I will do so. I gave the tree one last look before walk away to the direction to my room. Thinking of a way to escape from this miserable fate of mine.

21