Chapter 35 Past, Present, Or Future?
238 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 35

Living in The past, present, or future?

"Hum..hum.. hmm." The young woman hums to herself as she prepares the food. On the counter are various dishes, from vegetables to meat dishes. But the most noticeable thing is the huge piece of raw meat.

Her hands move quickly and gracefully, and in no time she has already finished all of them. With practice, she put each plate down on the table and ordered them till they looked like a graceful meal of the noble's house.

On the head of the table is a simple meal, full of nutrients. They mostly fulfill the energy spent in each day of her busy Master.

In the middle is a meal that is filled with vegetables and fruits, a steak, and most importantly a simple juice she just freshly juiced. A meal for growing children.

And at the other end of the table is just a simple meal like her Master has.

But she still has not finished. She took the giant piece of meat that was larger than her torso to the outside. There she met the sleeping grumpy Dragon.

"Saleyakt, it's time for your meal." Her soft voice rang out amid the falling snow, making the dragon wake up and yawn loudly.

She places it down and the dragon just gulps it all down in one bite. Frankly, this meal is probably just a snack for him, but she does this to wake him up and he will hunt for his own food.

Finishing all her duty for today she walks back inside the cave, further away from the dinner table she has just set.

The dark corridor was lit up by glowing moss, one of her master Crafts. A beautiful rainbow glowing moss.

She walks down further inside until the cave doesn't seem like a cave anymore. Then a door appeared before her. A door that separates this room from the outside world. Her master Research room.

Knock knock knock

She knocked on the door thrice, waiting for a few minutes before a soft mutter rang out.

"Enter."

She opens the door quietly and closes it. Inside is like a lab, with more equipment and many mana stones, corpses of monsters, and many books and scrolls.

There she looks at the table, a man in his 30s with Emerald green hair hanging down from his face to shoulder, in his hand is a brush.

The one on the table is a young girl no older than 6, she was facing down exposing her bareback which has a Magic circle inscribed upon it.

"Master, Lady -. It's time for dinner."

"That long already huh? Ok, I will wake her up now." Her master said.

He put the brush down and she quickly stored them away. Her master took out a knife from his pocket and cut his palm letting little blood flow from it.

With his blood he fed the sleeping girl, but not before she was getting dressed up. After a few seconds of waiting the girl slowly twitched and opened her eyes lightly.

Her gold eyes shine through the dimly lit room, scanning everything around her. When she saw the two of them the girl flashed them a bright smile.

"Good evening! NeeNee! Rose! Is dinner ready?" The girl jumps away from the table and comes into her hug.

"Yes, Lady -. The dinner is ready." Rostelina gives her a warm smile. "Let us go and eat dinner shall we?"

Picking her up, Rostelina and Her master take the young girl to the dining room. The girl, seeing all the food on her table, quickly jumps in and eats everything.

Rostelina and her Master let out a chuckle before they sat down and started eating too.

Today too, was a happy day. And tomorrow too, is going to be a happy day.

/-\\\

The sun was bright, the wind was warm and a subtle hint of berry scent is what made things different in the never-ending blizzard of the Red Dragon Jaw.

Strange occasions when the mountain finally receives the warm wind, it happens once or twice every year. Still, it's not a last longing occasion.

A lone young girl with a basket in hand was picking some berries from the berry bush. Although she has had fruit almost every day since she came to be, the berry will always be her favorite.

Slowly, she picks the berry from the bush, determined to only take the best one with her. The one that is just about to ripen will give you a strange taste of both sour and sweet but the overripe one will be nothing but a bitter taste.

Hmmm

She heard a snort next to her, it was the Dragon Saleyakt who she rode from the mountain to the forest.

He was waiting for her for more than 3 hours now. Just waiting for her to pick berries from each place while keeping her safe. At this point, he must be bored to the core.

"Mhh! Just wait a little longer! You didn't even help me pick it!" She complained about it.

The dragon just snorts and returns to looking at nature pretending that she is not there.

With a light huff, the girl was back to picking her berry. But somehow, today she feels like it will rain. Even though the sun is still shining brightly and there are no clouds.

A strange feeling occurs to her like she is being watched. But she paid them no mind. After all, she always felt like that all her life.

"Nee nee you children are watching me again?" She said to no one, or maybe someone was listening to her.

"Hm? I wonder why you are always with me and not Laplace Sama? Maybe it's because you don't like him and only like me?"

The girl continues to talk alone till she is finally satisfied with the amount of berries she picks. It was filled almost to the brim of the basket! This will last her all week!

She climbs the rough back of Saleyakt and tabs it lightly, making the Red Dragon awake from its nap.

It roared out loudly before flapping its wings and with just one flap it was high in the sky. Leaving only a bunch of small children with green hair looking toward them.

Saleyakt was different from other Red Dragons, while others needed a high ground and glide through the wind; he was stronger than them and could lift himself into the air.

Other than the sky dragon, no one will be able to fight him in the sky.

The ride home didn't last long. Within just a few minutes she had already arrived at her place. Her house.

Saleyakt landed on the ground gently and lowered its head for her to climb down.

She tapped the wing of Saleyakt 2 times showing her appreciation. The Red Dragon yawns at her but still nudges her with its wing sending her away.

She skipped away happily with the basket in hand. Walking inside she saw Rostelina cleaning the cave.

"Look! Roes! I picked these many Berries today!" Showing the Fruit of her labor happily. Rostelina takes the basket from her.

"Nicely done, Lady -. With this, I will make a lot of delicious things for you!"

She beamed at that comment. Jumping around.

"-! Come here, it's time for another experiment." Laplace Sama calls for her now.

She bid Rostelina goodbye and skipped down into his lab. Opening the large door with great difficulty and inside is Laplace Sama.

He is wearing the white coat he always wears and in his hand is a brush with red paint on the side.

"Laplace Sama! Today I met another child!" The girl said excitedly, she bobbed her head around while sitting on the stone-cold table.

"I see, then what is their name? And which year is it?" Laplace Sama asked, he was mixing something with the brush.

"Hmm ...They said their names are Kergis and Slvion. They are siblings and they are going to marry each other! They also come from ki...king...379 something."

"I see, I see. Come lay down here. This will make you sleep for a little bit but other than that it won't be painful as always." Laplace Sama gives her a reassuring smile. She did as he said and lay down. Then she suddenly feels drowsy and within a minute she falls asleep while snoring lightly.

/-\\\

It was that day. The day she lost everything. She was just playing around in the snow nearby when suddenly a loud roar came from Saleyakt.

She hid behind a tree, watching the cave from far away, she saw Saleyakt growling dangerously at a man.

A large man with purple skin and 6 arms. He walked confidently toward Saleyakt without fear.

Saleyakt seemed scared and angry. He let out a Flame Breath toward the man...no. a demon race. The flame breath lasted for over a minute but he walked out unscathed. Not even a burn mark.

Saleyakt seeing no effect of his breath rushed toward him but he got punched just one time and Saleyakt was blown away. He didn't get up.

The girl can only watch in horror as the man slowly walks into the cave.

Why? Why is it this day? Today was supposed to be the day for Rostelina's checkup.

She needs to warn them! She needs to go...inside… she's scared. Her leg won't move, her hand is shaking. Her breathing is unstable.

Everything is shaking.

Move...Move move move move MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE!

Boom!

It happens. The cave is collapsing. The demon walks out from the cave with the fighting god's armor and a flask. A familiar flask of potion…

The moment the man is away she rushes in. She rushed into the cave without a care in the world. Using her bare hand she digs through the rock but her little hand isn't doing anything.

She doesn't know how long she dug through the debris, at first it was morning but then night came.

Saleyakt finally woke up. He comes and quickly helps her dig through the rock.

Together they finally reach an open cave. The glowing moss is still there. Saleyakt won't fit in so only her will be going in.

Her steps were slow, unsteady, and shaky. The corridor is seemingly long, longer than she used to.

She reached it. The door. Slowly she opened it up. Only to see no one in there. Nothing but a giant mana Crystal.

She looked at it with shock. Rostelina is there. She was inside the crystal.

"Rose! Rose! Answer me, Rose!" She knocked at the crystal. Her hand hurt but Rose did not respond. She did not respond…

She was now alone…

"You guys there right!? Come on, please answer me! J-just answer me...please…"

No one responds to her. To her call...she is alone. Alone in this cruel world.

/-\\\

"Huu! Ha…! That...dream? No that was...memory. The memory of Grandmother."

Looking around I was in some kind of building. This…

"Woah! The big sister is awake!"

"The Zombie is awakening!"

"Really? Let me see her."

"Woah she really has gold eyes!"

The voices of children are chirping around me happily. Eh….last I remember I was in the middle of the desert?

"You awake, girl? You scare me for a bit. You didn't wake up for a month." A woman around 30 walked toward me. In her hand is a cup filled with water, she hands it to me.

"Eh? A month? No way you're joking, right? There is no way humans can sleep for months with no food!" I retort without thinking. but the woman just looks at me right in the eye.

"Lemes brought you here around a month ago, you were unresponsive and unnatural Rain clouds have gathered around the area making it rain. Although the rain is a blessing as it was not a storm and just a light shower."

Rain…again. First is Anashia then Grandma and then me? What the hell? And why am I seeing Grandma's Memories? It was so clear that I thought it was my own.

"...is…is it really a month now?" I ask her. I calm down a bit now. She nodded her head and then began explaining to me what happened after I passed out.

It seems Lemes, who was concerned about me, was following after me. The fact that he could keep up with me is surprising, after all, I was going very fast and not having a break even once.

Then he caught up to me and found me lying on the sand with hundreds of sandworm corpses. Seriously? hundred? I kill around a hundred of them? How? I don't really remember much… I only vaguely remember slapping myself…or is that not me?

"Then he take you here after another week of journey. After that, you were in a coma state, but you were still breathing so we tried to keep you here." The woman said.

"Ah…Thank you..umm?"

"Sylva is the name."

"Thank you, Sylva. I have to thank Lemes too. I don't know what will happen to me if I stay pass out there." I said while getting up. Stretching my body a bit. Hm? I feel fine? no more life better? It feels like my muscles suddenly start to relax.

"Are you going to go now?" Sylva asks.

"Well, not like I can stay here. I need to find my family." I said while cracking my neck a bit. Yup, my body is getting better. It was like that too huh? Now that I think about it, the Mana Stone that replaces my heart should be half-full?

"You should stay here for a bit. Not giving your body enough rest will affect the state of your Fighting capacity. You will also need time to get your body into shape." Sylva said. "And I know that finding your family is important but maybe you should relax first. I heard that you fall to the north, and keep traveling down till you find the Lemes group."

"Hm…Sorry, I can't. I need to find them. Where are my weapons and clothes?" I answered her while looking for my belongings.

"Lemes is keeping it with him, With the state of your body He promises to protect it from the other warriors. Otherwise, you may not see them again."

"Then I must thank him again huh?" After stretching up I walk to the door. "Oh yeah, Where is Lemes by the way?"

"At the Adventurer Guild."

"Got it, Thank you again, Sylva."

She smiled while waving me goodbye. The kids with her were surprisingly quiet as they watched me in curiosity.

I wave her goodbye too as I walk out of the door.

Taking in a deep breath I walk to the Adventure Guild. Inside I find Lemes, the old man who guides me here. He was drinking at what seemed like a bar. Walking toward him I saw that his face twitched a little, probably notice me.

"So you awake. I assume you came here for the Sword and Clothes?" He said while still drinking liquor.

"Ah, I want it back." I sat down next to him. The bartender offered me a menu but I just rejected it.

"Get her some Juice, I will pay," Lemes said as he pulled out another 5 shinsa and gave it to the bartender. The bartender nods and then prepares the juice. I glare at him but he just shrugs. "Now about the sword…How about no-"

Crack…

"Look, I'm grateful that you help me in a bad situation. But there are Limits to my patience. Either give me my sword or I killed everyone in this whole Village-"

Pap!

Ah…Again…"My bad, I was kinda confused right now. Now give me the sword."

"No, Because you're going to leave right away. You will die out there." He seemed bewildered that I just slapped myself.

"I need to find my family, They need me," I said. This time my Touki flared a little.

"No, You need rest. Besides, it has been more than a month since then, your family is probably de-" Before he finishes his word I grab him by the collar and lift him up with one arm.

"They are not dead! Paul and Zenith are former S-rank adventurers, and Lilia is a past Royal Guard! Rudy is a genius and My two little sisters got their parents!"

The whole guild gets up and grabs their weapon. My other arm starts to chill a bit as Mana covers them. Everything was silent.

Clink!

"No killing in the Guild please, I rather not clean up the mess." The Bartender placed the juice loudly and said that. My hand still did not let go of Lemes.

"You said it, They're going to be fine. So just rest for now." Lemes said. "When you rest enough and your body is in top condition I will give your sword back." Glaring at him for a few more seconds but seeing that he won't budge on this matter I just drop him down.

He landed on his feet and then began to sit again and gestured for me to sit too. I sit next to him and drink the juice that was handed to me. It tasted was…dilute sugar. That's what it feels like.

"Rest for a month, or just a week. Then I will give your sword back." Lemes said.

"Why bother with my business? You could just leave me there.' I ask him. He was silent, but then he looked me in the eye. His eyes were tired, and he had a bag under it.

"I don't want a kid to die at all." That was the last word he said before he left the guild. I was sitting alone. Thinking about his words.

10