Chapter 37 Letter
156 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 37

Letter

The sound of children giggling echoed in my ear, their heartful laugh, yelling, playing. All of it makes me feel happy. When I open my eyes I realize that I was again at the playground I created. 

These days, I would only visit this place after I finish my training. I would come to watch these children play together, laugh together, and fight against each other for useless things.

I don't know why, but these moments fill me with a bit of happiness somehow. My raging heart screams at me to go find my family, it calms down at the sight of children's smiles. 

My brain which throb with pain every time I think, seems to relax and let me rest. From day to week and from week to month.

I was resting here, taking in the children's smiles. But this has gone long enough. I...rest for long enough.

The children which I didn't even bother to learn the name of are still playing, not noticing me leaving them. 

Steeling myself I walk into the familiar guide. Everyone turns my way when I invite myself in and the people inside draw their weapon. Heh, seems like my last time here caused quite a commotion.

My eyes scan for the familiar back. He was still drinking at this time of the day again too. Next to him was the sword that he kept away from me all month.

My steps were heavy but it also felt lighter than before. My heart is calm and my mind is clear. 

That man didn't bother turning around, only ordering water for me as I began to sit down next to him. 

"I'm ready," I mutter out softly. "Thank you for stopping me from going. I...would kill myself out there for sure." 

Thinking about it, If I go alone and force my way through the desert. I was sure that I would die within a month. I don't know how to navigate in the desert, I don't know any local monsters that well. Hell, I even almost died in that worm den. 

But...I still need to go. To find my family, I already rested enough.

Lemes didn't say anything, only handed me a paper. I took it and began to read it. A familiar language. The one I haven't used since coming to bergaritt appeared before me. 

The human language. The writer of this letter is Paul Greyrat.


Dear Rudeus and Lucelia. 

Zenith, Lilia, and Aisha are Missing. Norn is under my protection right now. I don't know where you guys are now, but I know you will make it no problem. That is why I decided to postpone the search for you guys. 

I will be going to Millis continent because that is where Zenith was born. Rudy you go search the north of the central continent, Lucy you go search the Middle of the central continent. 

If you discover them, contact the address in this letter. Zenith and Lilia too, if you're reading this contact me too. 

Also if anyone knows me or my family, or is a former member of Fang of the Black Wolf. I beg of you, please help me. Some of you may hate me. I won't ask you to forget the past. You can scold me, ask me to lick your shoe and I will do it. 

I've lost all my property so I can't reward you all but I beg of you, please find my family.

Address: Adventure Guild of Capital Millishion, Holy Kingdom of Millis, Millis continent. 

Party Name: Buena Village Search Team.

Clan Name: Fittoa region search group.

                            Best wishes, Paul Greyrat.


"...I see...when is this letter...sent?" My voice sounds hoarse, dried like never before. Buena is hit by the light too. I knew that…I knew it was hit by that light too, from the survivor of a nearby village. But! But seeing Paul write it like this, Getting confirmation like this. It hurt. My home is no more.

Zenith, Lilia, Aisha, and Rudy are missing. Norn is with Paul. But that also means that Luke and Ann are missing as well…

I wonder why? My heart is starting to beat? The mana core that is my heart normally isn't beating. But why did I still feel calm about this? 

My feelings right now are like a gentle wave of sea amidst the raging storm. It threatens to break out violently but not even the harshest of storms can make the sea wave away…

It feels…unnatural. 

"This was sent here from the central continent and arrived here three days ago. It was sent on the highest priority, that is why it arrived here so fast. Just took around five months." Lemes answered my question without looking. 

"I see. So this will be on every adventurer guild?" 

"Yeah, most of them got lost on the sea but I think it should be present in most cities. I only got this because some adventurers came to distribute it along with other letters" 

mhm….so...Paul decided it best to leave me and Rudy alone and search for Zenith, Lilia, and Aisha? That... stings a bit but nonetheless smartest move. 

Because we...are geniuses. Because we advance faster than others, he believed us to survive. He believes in us. But the fact that this letter took five months to arrive in Bergaritt is worrying. How long will it take to arrive on the demon continent? Even with the highest priority letters it still needs five months and multiple letters to just arrive here. 

Most of them are lost at sea or didn’t survive monster attacks or bandits.

I know Millis is a frantically hate demon kind. I know because I once got discriminated against by some adventurers who come from there. 

So it would be normal for the letter to not even arrive there. But maybe it should be on the port. 

But this at least gives me some closure. Paul and Norn are alive and well. Now I need to find Zenith, Lilia, Aisha, and Rudy. That way...we can be together again. We can be a family one more time.

"Next week." Lemes suddenly spoke up. "Me and the other warriors are going to rally up all of the refugees here and send them to Millis. Of course, we can't protect them all, and some of them will die for sure, but I can guarantee that most of them will arrive at the port unharmed."

I nod waiting for him to continue. 

"As for the money, it won't be a problem. The real problem is food and water. We can hunt for food but the water...is not." He gave me side eyes. 

"You want me...to come with you guys." That was not a question, it was a statement.

"With you around we won't have to worry about water and shelter. Of course, I won't force you. I will only say that we will pass many major cities in bergaritt. Maybe one of your family is in them."

...Ah, I understand now. This guy. He just wants to protect me. Well, if I was a tad bit older around sixteen or seventeen I would fall for him. But nah all I feel now is akin to admiration. 

"I could probably kill you if I want. With or without a sword. That's how strong I am and I know it." I said out loud for him to hear it. He just shrugs his shoulders. I smile slightly at his attic. "But...getting protected...isn't a bad feeling. You will go through most major cities, right? I will join in. As long as you don't treat me like a child." 

"I already treat you like an adult. Just a depressed one."

I laugh at his last comment. Ah…Right, I was a depressed adult huh? 

The bartender gave me a glass full of water. It was warm, so I just made some ice and added to it. The water is slowly getting colder to my liking.

Twirling the glass around, I look at Lemes once more. "Give me the sword. I need to sharpen it up." Lemes hands it to me and I  gulp down the water and finish it. 

"See you in one week, I will leave the town for a bit. I need to sharpen my senses back." I said as I strapped the sword to my hip.

"Will you come back on time?" Lemes asked.

"Ah, probably just before you guys leave though." He grunts in response and with that, I make my way out of the guild with my sword. 

Tomorrow, I will start to train seriously again.

5