Chapter 40
215 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 40

"T-there seems to be one girl from your description. Around f-four to six, fall down from the sky too. Got red-brown hair and green eyes. I saw her on the slave auction-"

Cleackkk…

"Hm? Why do you stop? Continue with it." My voice is cold, devoid of emotion as I stare at this old fat man. He was a former adventurer who retired and decided to become a slave trader of all things.

I saw him shivering around the table. After I beat Glavius, I began to make rounds on the adventurer who was still here and didn't run away.

Ask If they see someone that looks like my family, give them the description, and move on. I'm not good with things like this. Unlike Geese, who can slip into a conversation like a snake slowly getting close to its prey.

I used the forceful method, by making them fear me, show my power, and then ask later. Though not by choice of course. It is just that the opportunity presents itself before me with Glavius.

Then I found him, making himself look small despite being a former adventurer. His belly is sticking out of his shirt and he surrounds himself with several women. Age varies from fourteen to twenty.

Well, I'm not coming here to judge his appearance or anything. right now let's focus on what he has to say, oh and I didn't even know his name yet.

"W-well, I saw someone like that three days ago, at the auction. I-i don't know her name since she can't speak our language. That's all I have!"

"So, where is the auction held?"

"I-it on the street next to the merchant guild right between the guild and a fruit stand, walk into it and at the end of the road it will be on your left."

So...it was behind the guild? Where even is the merchant guild, to begin with?

"Where is the merchant guild?"

"It was on the way to the ketosis dungeon! That's all right!? Can you let me go now?" His voice slowly thinned out until the last word became just a whisper.

"Sure, I got all I can with you anyway." With that, I begin to walk out of the guild. But then the fat man spoke up again.

"U-um…W-will you release y-your i-ice?" He asks as he points toward the sharp ice nailing down on his neck, threatening to pierce his throat the moment I feel like it. Oh yeah...I forgot about that one.

Well, now then. Where is Ketosis dungeon? Shit forgot to ask that one. Well, I could probably ask Lemes or Karias.

Well, with that settled I should go back to the inn now and ask them-

Thumb…

A kid ran toward me and hit me, making me stumble a little but I managed to stay standing. I look at the kid only to see a girl around seven, falling down the ground.

"Ah! I'm s-sorry!" Hmm...human language?

From her look, frail white skin, undeveloped muscle. But most importantly, her red-brown hair and a pair of green eyes. Heh, it seems luck is on my side. I didn't need to go find her after all.

"Hey," the girl startled at my voice. But she quickly relaxed as soon as she realized that it was the human language I speak. "What is your name?"

The girl seemed hesitant but she quickly gave up her name. "L-Lilia…"

Eh...Lilia? Is that a coincidence? I mean Lilia is a common name, but the fact that her hair is similar to Lilia too.

"I see, Lilia, where are you from?" I ask her.

"I…I am...from...city? I don't know what they call-"

"Oi! The kid is there! Get her back to me right now!" At the sudden voice, Lilia immediately starts to run away, but I manage to grab her hand and pull her into my hug as she struggles to get out. Even kicking me in the process.

But I didn't let go, instead, I carefully traced my hand down her head, petting her to calm down while whispering that everything would be alright.

She struggled but then realized that she couldn't get away so she stopped and sniffed and cried out loud instead.

I smiled the moment I sat my sight upon a fat man running toward me in his fancy suit. Beside him are two bergaritt warriors walking nonchalantly like it was a Tuesday morning for them. Probably his bodyguard.

The moment he finally stops running, the fat man panting heavily like he just ran a marathon. Even though it is just around twenty meters.

"Y-you! Return that child to me right now!" Or so he said, his voice is so high pitch and the fact that he is panting doesn't help his image right now. But seriously though, what with merchants and their bellies? I know they eat well but exercise a little for god sake.

"What do you mean? I'm merely just taking my little sister out for a walk." I lied to him in the face and he knew it too. From the fuming on his face, I can tell that he is angry. To the point of his face being a tomato. Heh...hehehe… god this is kinda fun.

"Lilia! I command you to come back here!" The moment that word left his mount, Lilia let out a scream of pain, lightning running through her body. It never stopped.

She pushed me away with a strength I never thought she would have, and ran toward the man.

Her eyes were now full of tears as the lightning stopped, and smoke emitted from her body.

I look him in the eyes and he stumbles backward. Slave seal...a seal that is placed on a slave, which lets the owner control the slave at will. If they didn't listen, well, you already see the result.

"My my, placing a slave seal on the children? What more you make the victim of teleportation a slave. Did you know that you technically kidnapped a child?"

"So what? She is just a lowly slave I brought. I can do whatever I want with her! Teleport or what doesn't matter."

Hmm...so he was that type of person then. My smile deepens, and my hand slowly unsheathes my sword. I mean...it should be okay, right? A human like this...should never exist in the first place. So it is not wrong of me to do anything to him right?

Looking around, there were not a lot of people either. Probably heard of the reputation of the adventurer guild being a den for thugs. Well, it is good for me.

Because that means fewer people are going to know what I'm going to do.

"Oi, you two! Get her! If you guys can defeat her I will make her a slave and give her to you guys." The pig let out his last word, and the man looked over at me with pity and lust.

"Look, you brought this on yourself...so don't hate us for it. Hate yourself for it." The man with a hammer said. While the other one was using a metal gauntlet.

I didn't say anything to them, I didn't even look at them, my sight set on the pig that was groping the young girl right now…

Seriously...what's with this world and its pedophiles? It fucking pisses me off. Without a word, I rushed past the two men without trouble. I was at the pig, face to face with him.

My sword swings upward. No blood was stuck to the black blade as I slowly sheathed it into my sheath.

I pull the girl out of his grasp without any resistance. His arm fell off the moment I took the girl in my arms.

Screams come from the man as he rolls down on the ground, grabbing desperately onto his bleeding arm and trying to reattach it.

But to no avail, the arm broke off into pieces in his grasp. You see there is a neat little thing you can do with magic.

I could liquefy the nitrogen in the air and make liquid nitrogen on the spot. With enough control over wind magic and water magic, you could have even created a nitrogen bomb.

So I just flash freeze his arm with liquid nitrogen and I break with his touch ...hm...isn't the flash freeze, is a food thing? Well, the memory from my past life is already so hazy now that I think about it.

Well, I can take my time and remember them later, right now I have a scumbag to deal with.

I lean down beside the crying man, looking at his terrified gaze upon noticing me.

"How do you erase the slave seal?" I ask in a whisper into his ear, each word comes with a wind that gets colder and colder by the second.

"G-get her!" He yelled out with all he got.

"Wrong answer."

The moment I felt, the presence of the two warriors behind me, ice was already creating a dome behind my back, blocking their hit from touching me.

I jump away from the man to some open field and drop Lilia down. She was crying the whole time, her face smeared with tears and snot breaking my heart.

Gently patting her head I give her the best warm smile I could muster right now.

"Don't worry. This big sister will get you home soon!" With one last pat. I created the same spell I used to protect Rudy back then. This time it didn't take away half of my magic power. My control over ice and my understanding of magic circles have improved by a leap since that time.

Turning toward them I saw two men standing between me and the pig protectively. Well, letting their client get hurt is a shame on them.

"OK, I'm ready to play you three. And yes I include you, Pigshit."

"Kill her! I will give you each a Magic item if you can kill her!" The pigshit spat out. The two warriors's eyes change, staring intently at her.

A magic item huh? A treasure of the dungeon, but most of them have bad effects so getting a good one is like a mystery box.

But well, more on that later. Maybe after I deal with them I can just take the magic item as a compensation for the trouble.

The one with the hammer charged at me with such ferocity I never saw from him, his hammer up high in the air was brought down to my face in an instant.

Side-stepping to the right to dodge the hammer, the fist guy moves at me from behind, his fist meets my sword, letting out a spark of fire as the metal gauntlet meets my sword. Taking advantage of his other hand being free he threw a punch to my side forcing me to let go of my sword and dodge.

The moment I was back on my feet, another swing of a hammer already predicted where I would be and a loud boom rang out through the street.

I managed to get away with earth magic at the last moment, but I didn't come out unscathed. My left leg is dripping red with blood and I can't feel anything on my left foot.

Observing the damage that the swing of the hammer did to me, I sighed in relief as my feet had not been crushed but just got broken.

I can't grow back limbs after all, but I can treat most injuries. After a painful crack on my feet, I use healing magic on it making them as good as new, though the numbness is still there.

Ok, so the situation is...I have no weapon right now, Fighting two experienced warriors, plus the fatigue of using so much mana is already catching up to me.

So...what is the best solution? I could go wild with magic but if I couldn't kill them in at least ten minutes then my magic would run out dry.

Then is close combat better? They have more experience than me, but there is something I have that they don't. Speed, reaction time, and magic.

If I manage to catch one of them off guard then it will work. Alright...I have a solution now, but I have to get my sword back first. A makeshift sword with magic is not gonna cut it.

The fist guy was throwing my sword toward the alleyway, opposite of where they were and it was further away from Lilia too. That means they will take this chance and grab Lilia to run away if I go grab the sword, but they can't break past my ice dome so that's a no.

So they probably grab the pigshit and run. Or maybe it's bait. Probably, but I need to fall for it. To fall to their bait and take them out when they are surprised.

Taking in a deep breath I rush toward my sword, the moment I move I saw the hammer guy already rise his weapon and the fist guy going after that pigshit.

In just a second the sword was in my hand again, this time I instantly put my magic into the sword, not covering it.

The hammer comes down at me fast, but I duck under him and stab him in the arm, letting the purple liquid come out of his wound.

That one gone, next My eyes zoom in on the fist guy. He was already running away with the pigshit. I put half of all my remaining mana into my leg and jumped toward him.

It was fast, everything around me appeared to me like a blur, but my eyes focused on his back.

A single shallow slash is all it needs, and the man falls down immediately, letting the pig squeal in pain as his back hits the floor.

"W-what?! I-i can't move…?" The fist guy mutters out as he tries to move his arm but to his horror, it isn't moving.

"My sword, Blackheart. Is made out of the Mana stone of the Black drake. Surely you must have heard of it. The drake that spits out the poison with paralyzed effect in low dose, but able to melt the skin off with high enough intake or touch." I said to him as I sat down in front of the Pig, Ignoring the effort he put into moving his hand.

"Now then...how do I remove the slave seal?" My face was smiling, like nothing happened but I knew deep down that right now. I was ready to kill this man without hesitation.

"D-don't joke with me! Do you know-guh!"

"Nuh-uh. That is not what I ask is it?" My hand grip on his throat tightens, and my nail carefully drags a line across his throat leaving a line of red marks and a dribble of blood. " What I want to know is how to remove the damn seal."

"I don't care who you are, what you are, or even your status. Right now, your fate is in my hand and I can end it with a twist...like this."

I said as my other hand moved to his good leg and instantly it twisted in an unnatural way making a satisfying pop for my ears. I heard his scream as I released his throat.

"Well? Feeling like talking now?" I ask him this time it is devoid of emotion, no smiling, just a void stare into his eyes.

For a minute nothing was said. His eyes were glued to me with both hate and fear.

"...T-the slave trader can remove the mark! That's the only way! N-now please let me go! I will give you anything just don't kill me!" The pig finally spoke.

"Good, well I will go to this slave trader of yours, but if he can't lift up the seal...you know what happened right?" I look at him one last time before heading toward the ice dome I created.

Once the spell is lifted, Lilia instantly comes and hugs me. Her eyes were full of tears, snot coming out endlessly as she grabbed me tightly.

"See? It's alright, everything is alright." I pick her up into my arm and start walking toward the way that the slave merchant in the guild mentions.

Ah...right, where is the ketosis dungeon again?

6