Chapter 45
96 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 45

"Ngh…" Lilia let out a bit of sound as she slowly manipulated mana on her palm, the color changed slowly, it started as a subtle blue until her palm was covered in a clear ball of pure blue energy.

"That right, Lilia. Now try to shoot it." I slowly guide her hand as best as I can, I redirect it toward the target I make, which for your information, is Karias who has gotten tied to the Pillar.

"The power isn't anything threatening, it would hurt a bit but enough to get him to his senses, That's why you can shoot with no hesitation," I told Lilia, as I saw the mana from her head move akin to a nod.

As I watch her focus on trying to command it to shoot, Lilia releases the Water ball. Its speed is around…a ball you can catch with ease.

As the water hit Karias, I heard his grasp as his lungs filled with water. He spit it out and started moving only to realize he couldn't.

"How many seconds!?" he shouted out.

"37!" I yelled out to reply to his question while petting Lilia's head," You did good, Lilia. It only took you 3 tries." I praise her for her advancement.

Lilia let out a satisfied giggle before she left and went back to Lemes to show him what she had learned that day.

I shoot a stone bullet over where Karias binds and it breaks off, allowing him to move.

"37 sec is an improvement, last time you only lasted for about 30 before you lost your mind." I praise Karias too.

"Heh, Naturally! I'm a genius after all." he got all arrogant all of a sudden.

"Karas lasted longer though, she was over a minute."

"Wha! That's because she's a girl! The effect naturally should have less effect on her!" he retorts as he takes back his Hammer.

5 months have passed by, such a quick time. we stay to restock on Alsak only for a few days before we travel again, Lemes said that this is the best time as it will be storm season soon.

I have been teaching Lilia all the basics of magic I can, which starts from chanting to the silence casting just now.

And without any book or anything to write on, I can only teach her face-to-face and let her listen to my explanation.

I want her to get the basics down so she can protect herself or the kids around her. She was not fit for sword, but she was also not fit for magic.

It takes her more than 2 months just to manifest a basic Water ball. But well… She is only 5… Ah no she should be 6 at this point.

Hm…Well, nothing is interesting going on, other than training to control my Magic eyes which is going horribly as 5 months of work is just for Karias to only resist it for no more than a minute.

Well, it's not like I can do much considering my mana is gone, and I can't use much of it otherwise I would exhaust myself.

Rumble…

As I was thinking to myself, I ended up walking away from the group, and standing before me was a giant scorpion. The outline of mana is that of a scorpion but it has two tails… Ah!

It is a Twin Death Scorpion!

Just as I got its name right, the scorpion launched one of its tails at me, aiming straight for my heart.

I don't bother dodging it and let its tail fly toward me with the speed of a Speeding bullet.

Just as it is about to hit, the tail stops midair crashing against an invisible wall. I brandish my sword and slice the tail off, letting the Monster scream in pain and leave its tail here with me.

"hah…this happened again." sighing and lamenting at myself at the new habit of walking without focusing and then getting separated from the group. Sometimes I am lucky and do not stray far from them, but sometimes just like this, I would walk and walk and then stumble upon an unfortunate monster who wakes me up.

This is the 5th time this month alone and there will be many more. Well, I at least got it tail. With the poison left in this, I should be able to create some antidote. , I should be able to concoct some antidote for an emergency. Though I would need to find some other ingredients, herbs would be the hardest to find, because it's not like you can find herbs just grow out of sand…

"Ha…."Sighing, I dropped the tail and left it to some monster looking for leftovers, there was no herb to use and it was expensive as hell to buy one, not to mention we had already left Alsak and it would take us 2 more months just to get to Rapan.

"Ok…so where am I?" Yeah, asking the oblivious question here, Where am I? Well no choice but to get high.

Tapping my foot, The ground under me moves up at high speed reaching hundreds of meters in just a few seconds. Taking my blinds off, I looked around and saw the group to my left.

Putting the blind on again, I jump down from the pillar and dissolve it, making it all go back to sand. Walking toward where I saw them I soon heard the sound of people talking and such. I greet back the people who greet me, using the motion of their mana movement and the words they speak.

Having this blind doesn't make things as difficult as I thought, My eyes which is the cause of my using a blindfold in the first place, have some special properties.

Mana, just as I read in the book, resides in everything, grind of sand, dead trees, and even on my clothes, well, from what I see, I kind of understand now. why most people would rather close their eyes off.

The amount of information, the first day I got these eyes and tried to control them, I accidentally pushed the mana-seeing thing to its limit and saw something I don't want to see again, even though I'm a nurse in real life.

Seeing the nervous system, moving around is… disturbing to say the least. Well, now I don't make that mistake anymore, hopefully, I won't need to use them.

But accidents happen if someone's hand is cut off then these eyes will be of use.

Ah…I am lost in my thoughts again…hm, well, it's not like there is a problem this time.

I take my time and walk to Lemes's tent. well, it's not a tent, just some blanket put over some pillar I make but well, it serves its purpose.

I saw Lemes's silhouette dozing off as Lilia and the other kids did something to his face, As I walked in, Lilia and the kids noticed me, snickering on the way out as I stood there confused at what happened.

I walk up to Lemes and get a good look, taking off my blindfold for a bit, only to laugh at him and the drawing on his face. There were many drawings, and most of them were just scribbling.

Smiling to myself, I decided to sit there and wait for Lemes to wake up.

Well, it was a good time for me to hone my control, so I did just that. Creating an Ice ball from my hand and slowly manipulating its shape to match my Memories, slowly and slowly, I added detail, The eyelashes, the maid outfit, and her face that seemed unchanging but was still expressive.

Then the part that I struggle with the most, changing color, I know it is possible, but I just can't seem to grasp its concept. I try to imagine the red ice but no matter how much I try, the Ice that was created by me is still clear blue.

I was at my limit with training to control mana by myself, no matter how much I tried and practiced I didn't seem to get better at it. I hit the end of the road I can walk alone.

Just as I was about the try again, Lemes woke up, I saw his silhouette moving, Dissolving the ice statue in my hand. I wait for him to fully wake up and create Ice Mirror.

"Ha…Hm? Lucelia? What are you doing here." He asks me as he takes a gourd of water and gets a drink from it.

"Nothing much, I come here to wait for Karas to come back. Oh, here take a look at the art the kids make." I throw him the mirror and he catches it without even looking.

"Hm…Making me more handsome don't you think?" Laughing at his comment, The mirror dissolved itself as he put it on the floor, We chatted for a bit, waiting for Karas to come back from her scouting.

After around half an Hour Karas came back, full of wounds, though it was not threatening, Karas sat down in front of me without even saying anything and she slumped back into my lap as I healed her.

Well, we were getting a bit closer, more like I was so used to healing her and Karias after they came back from scouting to the point that they just relaxed right into me, Though I needed to slap Karias away many times until I just gave up.

"There is a storm that separates us and Rapan, What more I saw a horde of Phalanx Ants around." She gets up from my lap as I finish healing her, I hand her the gourd of water and she gulp it down in a second.

"I think it better to go around, if we wait, Water won't be a problem but the food will run out and it will surely attract the ants here."

"That is true, but if we take a detour, it will make this journey longer than necessary. However, it's better to be safe than sorry. Adding one or two more months of travel time is preferable to risking being wiped out by a storm or getting eaten by those ants. Trust me, it's not a pleasant experience," Lemes said.

"You got eaten by those before?" I ask him and he just nods and shows me his abs, on his right side, something is missing…and a visible scar.

"The bite felt like I was getting roasted by fire and what's more, it got paralysis poison making you unable to move. Well, that makes it then, let's take the detour."

3