~ Chapter 7 ~
21 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~ Chapter 7 ~


 

Aurora awoke in an unfamiliar place, like a dream. She stood amidst tall buildings in a bustling city, surrounded by a warm golden light.

 

The air hummed with a subtle energy, and a soft, golden glow bathed everything in a warm, nostalgic light.

 

She could feel a connection to this place, an inexplicable tether that pulled at her consciousness. And then, like a veil being lifted, the memories flooded in. 

 

She wasn't Aurora anymore, at least not in this moment. She was someone else—the previous pilot of the Silver Mech.

 

The memories played out before her like a vivid holographic projection. 

 

She stood before the massive Silver Mech, its incredible design a marvel. She entered the cockpit, feeling the machine's hum. Controls sprang to life at her touch, excitement and nervousness coursing through her.

As her vision shifted, Aurora witnessed fleeting glimpses of battles fought and victories won, all from the perspective of the pilot. The sensation of being one with the mech, of dancing through the chaos of battle with unparalleled grace and power, sent shivers down her spine.

 

And then, as if the threads of memory were being gently pulled away, Aurora found herself standing once more in the midst of the cityscape. The memories receded like a receding tide, leaving behind a lingering echo of emotions. 

 

“...er Ma…? Your Maj…?” 

With a jolt, Aurora's awareness snapped back to her own reality. 

"Your Majesty?" a voice called.

 

She blinked her eyes open, greeted by the soft glow of a medical room. Delicate windows adorned the walls, casting a warm golden hue across the room.

 

“Silver?”

"Yes, Your Majesty?" the mech responded, its tone respectful and obedient.

 

Suddenly, another rush of memories, more familiar ones, flooded back to Aurora. 

The intense battle against the T4, the silver mech's unexpected arrival, and the exhilaration of victory. It all came rushing back, painting a vivid picture in her mind.

 

"My team! Are they alright? Did everyone make it out okay?" Aurora asked, sitting up from her lying position.

 

She felt a surge of concern for her companions and hoped they had emerged from the battle unscathed.

 

Silver's metallic voice resonated gently. "After Your Majesty Lost Consciousness, We Coordinated With Your Teammates. Mobile Headquarters Was Alerted, And They Swiftly Conducted An Emergency Extraction. Your Team Members Are Currently Inside The MHQ Command Center"

"Ah, good… they're fine," she murmured, gradually easing herself back down onto the soft surface.

 

"Hey, Silver, why do you call me 'Your Majesty'?" she inquired, her thoughts conveyed through their unique connection.

“You Are Her Majesty.” It simply said.

 

“But, I’m Not Your First Pilot Right?”

“Correct.”

 

“What about your old pilot?” She asked

“Unknown.”

 

“What? how do you not know?” Aurora questioned.

“She Said She Would Return. You Are Here In Her Place.”

 

“Are there multiple people who can pilot you?”

“No.”

 

After a moment of thought, “Then, why can I?” Aurora asked.

“My Records State, We Have Only 1 Pilot.”

 

“What? What does that mean?”

“...Unknown.”

 

“Then what do your records say about me?”

Suddenly, a surge of information flowed into her consciousness through the neural link.

 

---

Regent Sys Logs:

Regent Sys - Alert - Pilot Disconnected

Regent Sys - Attempting Reconnection…

Regent Sys - Alert - Reconnection Failed.

Regent Sys - Attempting Reconnection…

Regent Sys - Alert - Reconnection Failed.

 

Regent Sys - DEACTIVATION INITIATED

 

Inactivity Recorded - Time: [cORRuPtED] …

Inactivity Recorded - Time: [CorRUPTeD] …

Inactivity Recorded - Time: [cOrRupTEd] …

 

Lifeform Detected - Analyzing…

Lifeform Detected - Human

 

Conversation - Time: [00:06:34]

 

Lifeform - Human - Entered Cockpit

Neuro-Psychic Resonance - Analyzing…

Neuro-Psychic Resonance - MATCH

 

Regent Sys - FULL REACTIVATION

Regent Sys - Analyzing Pilot Position…

 

Regent Sys - Alert - Threat Detected In Pilot’s Vicinity

Regent Sys - Relocating To Pilot’s Position

---

 

“Wait that means-”

 

Right as Aurora was about to continue, the medical room door opened. The door to her medical chamber swung open, stepping inside was Lyra.

 

Lyra's eyes softened with relief as they locked onto Aurora, who managed a faint smile despite her lingering exhaustion. 

 

"You're awake," Lyra breathed, her voice a mixture of concern and warmth

 

Aurora paused then nodded weakly, propping herself up on her elbows. "Lyra, how's everyone? Are they safe?" she inquired, her voice tinged with a mix of urgency and genuine care.

 

Lyra's expression brightened as she reached out to offer a reassuring hand on Aurora's shoulder. 

 

"We made it through, thanks to that daring maneuver you pulled off in the Silver Mech. Everyone's a bit battered, but they're all in one piece," she replied, a hint of admiration in her eyes.

 

Aurora's shoulders sagged with a mixture of relief and gratitude. "I'm glad to hear that," she murmured. "And the Silver Mech?"

 

Lyra's gaze shifted to the side for a moment, her expression turning somber. "It's been requisitioned by the higher-ups for analysis. They're concerned about its capabilities falling into the wrong hands."

 

Aurora's brow furrowed in surprise. “Silver, where are you right now?”

“Wait, you can speak to that thing right now?” Aurora remained silent.

“Currently We Am Being Relocated, Would Your Majesty Like Us To Move To Your Position?” 

“No, don't. How far away are you from me right now?”

“[332] Meters, Your Majesty, Once We Are Further Than 500 Meters Out Connection Will Be Lost. Once Disconnected We Shall Return To Being In Range.” The mech stated.

 

“Uh, how are you going to go back?” The young pilot asked.

“We Shall Go To Your Last Known Position, Through Any Obstacles.” 

"Uhh, can you not do that?”

“Negative, Our Initiative Dictates That We Must Be Closeby Our Pilots.”

 

“Damn, Lyra, do you have any idea where they're transporting it?" Aurora inquired, her gaze shifting to the other pilot.

“No Idea, they said they were going to take it somewhere safe, so probably somewhere in Section 1. Why?”

 

Aurora swiftly rose to her feet, her balance faltering momentarily, only to be steadied by Lyra's supportive grasp.

 

"Whoa, hold on. You really shouldn't be up and about," Lyra cautioned, her tone carrying a note of stern concern.

 

Aurora's reply was swift, "Silver mentioned that once it's out of range, it'll charge through anything to return to me. Now think about what lies between Section 1, The Command Platform, and our location here in Section 6."

Lyra's eyes widened in realization as she contemplated the route. The area between those sections was none other than the residential zone, Section 3.

 

Then the door to the room opened again, this time her captain, Caelum, with Orion and Draco in tow. However there were two more people, dressed in formal military attire, one was Commander Evelyn Thornfield, and Chief of Staff Octavia Blackwood.

 

Both Lyra and Aurora were taken aback as they found themselves face-to-face with the upper echelons of command within Aurora's medical chamber.

 

“Hmm. You must be Techlink Specialist Aurora, I would like to-”

“Commander Thornfield, I’m so sorry but, you need to get the silver mech back here!” Aurora interjected, her voice determined.

 

“Specialist Aurora, you just can’t-” Blackwood started to say before another interruption.

Swiftly, Commander Thornfield raises a hand, halting Blackwood’s words. "Why should I do that, Specialist Aurora?" Her tone carries a firm authority.

 

Aurora took a deep breath, her expression focused. "The Silver Mech would go into a rampage, attempting to return to me if it travels too far," she explained.

 

“Hm, Octavia, tell them to bring it back,” The commander ordered.

“But, commander-”

The commander cast a swift glance. "Hurry, Blackwood, before any unforeseen incidents occur," she urged.

"U-Understood," Blackwood responded, her voice resolute as she swiftly turned and exited the room.

 

The commander's gaze returned to Aurora.

 

"Ahem, as I was saying, Miss Aurora," the commander cleared her throat, "you mentioned that the Silver Mech would return to you if it ventured too far. I assume you are its pilot?" Her tone carried a mix of inquiry and acknowledgment.

"Um, yes, Commander," Aurora replied, her voice respectful and confirming.

 

"Haah, how troublesome," the commander sighed, a hint of exasperation in her voice. "I’ll explain from the beginning, That mech, Main wants it, that's why your team was sent there with Enigma VII."

She continued, "Based on the info we got, that location, the research being done there wasn't about the Enlightened. It was specifically about how to use this mech against them. That Silver Mech had significantly more advanced technology than what we currently possess. Even a slight advantage could potentially change the course of our battle against them."

 

The commander settled into a nearby chair, her expression serious. "Main wanted to continue the research being conducted in that facility. Apparently, the previous researchers were unable to utilize it at all. Main hoped they could discover ways to enhance our currently employed mechs."

“Now, you being its pilot, might complicate matters, this would mean you would also have to be relocated back to Main, normally there would be no problem, but with what happened to Enigma VII, we can’t let go.”

 

“Wait, what happened to Enigma VII?” Aurora asked.

With a frustrated expression, the commander added, "They were abducted."

 

"What!" Aurora exclaimed, her voice filled with surprise and disbelief.

"They were on their way to your designated meeting point when they encountered a group of Enlightened. Although they managed to escape, they later encountered that group, likely the ones from the facility who left those traces you saw earlier," the commander explained. She motioned toward Caelum with a nod.

 

“Enigma VII managed to send a final message to us before the connection was lost. They were also in search of that Silver Mech," the commander said grimly.

Lyra interrupted, “Sorry to interrupt but, commander, you’re saying that there’s other people looking for it.”

 

“Yes, somehow they found out about this mech, and were looking for it. Seeing how you were able to get it, I’m guessing they only knew the building but not where specifically it was.”

“So, commander, why do you think they kidnapped Enigma VII?” Draco asked.

"Well, it's mostly speculation, but it seems they were after additional information about the Silver Mech. Unfortunately, even Enigma wouldn't have had knowledge of its whereabouts," the commander explained with a tinge of sadness.

 

At that moment, Blackwood reentered the room. "They are in the process of moving it back," she informed them.

"Good," the commander responded with a simple nod.

 

"So," Aurora began, her tone contemplative, "the Silver Mech was intended for Main, but now that we're aware of others who are interested in it, is it no longer being sent there?" she inquired.

 

After a brief pause, the commander's smile emerged. "No," she said decisively, "I've made up my mind. The entire ship will set course for Main. We're going to dock there."

 

Blackwood's expression turned to one of shock and horror.


Whew, 1 hour to spare, I shouldn't have taken that nap.

Yesterday and this morning I spent working on the world, like the MHQs, Main, 'Her Majesty', and others.

As always any mistakes, tell me, I'll fix them. Thanks for the comments,

PS, sorry for a very slightly shorter chap, I really shouldn't have taken that nap.

2