Ambush
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*buzzing ear*

*pop pop pop pop*

*vrooooom*

*pow pow pow pow*

*buzzing ear*

“(Muffled)There!!!!!! That bulding !!!!!!”

*tap tap*

“(muffled) Cris!?!? Stay with me tenent.”

“…..What….What happened?”

He touches his left ear. Cris feels a viscous and dense liquid run down his fingers.

“Owen, get the first aid in my bag!!!”

*step step step*

“Doc is that you?”

“Cris!!!! Cris!!!!! Can you talk!?!? Stay with me??!!”

“Mommy, Here!!!!”

“Thanks!!!”

*shuffle shuffle*

He feels a cold sensation in his wound. The buzzing in ears were starting to cease. He tries to move arms but they do not obey.

*spray*

“Don’t move yet. I will close the wound now.”

“Carol….What happened?!?!…….I need to……I need to.”

*grabs hand*

“Hang on for a minute.”

While Carol was helping Cris with his wounds Mike, Jonh and Sam hang on to the door handles. Phyro and Owen took up position on the gunner seat.

*pop pop pop*

*glass shattering*

“Whitch way they comming from, Boy!?!?!”

“10 o’clock!!!!Next to the gas station!!!”

“Breach!!?!”

“…….Wait!!!!!……Now!!!!!”

*slam*

*bang bang bang bang*

“Phyro give them cover.”

“Fuahhhaa!!!!”

*sizzle sizzle*

Even in a confined place Owen threw the small dragon from the gunner seat.

*radio static*

The boy fumbles to get the radio

“(radio) This is Abrams 1 gives a reference point.”

*bullet ricochet*

“(radio) Gas station!!!!! They are coming from the station!!!!”

“(radio) Roger that…..Load an AP.”

As Cris regains a little conscience he stumbles fowards to the seats of the vehicle. He angles his body to see what was happening from the busted window.

“Tenent…..”

His Pulpils dilated and his face froze in fear as if the world was coming to an end. thouse monsters, holding weapons as If were trained soldiers. For the young tenent the almost burned memory striked him once more. He saw the man he was fighting with pinned down to the road blocks. Such a memory he tried to get out of his mind for a long time.

*boom*

*crumble crumble*

“(radio) Direct hit!!!!! They are fleeing to the forest!!!!!”

“(radio) Persue?!?”

“(radio) Hold the gun…….I got this.”

Jonh and the others poke their heads above the road block. The gunshots have ceased. As the powdered concrete smoke died down they could see Phyro.

*sizzle sizzle*

“Fuoooooh!!!!!”

His cone of flames incinated the top of the trees carbonizing the would till their stumps.

For a moment there was silence. But soon enough the flapping of wings of frigthen birds, the cracking of fire and rustling of neaby trees overcame the sound of gunfire and shouts.

“Huh…..We won……we-”

Cris had lost his last bit of strenght. He colapses to the ground but was hastly caught by Carol’s arms. In his last moments of awarerness he lets out a little smile and a single tear.

As the last car was cleared from the road and the flames died down the convoy proceed towards their destination. Although the fight was fierce minimal causuties were inflicted to the spearhead. The damage caused by their little contact with the enemy left the vehicles damages but as noon was approuching quickly their was no time to spare they shall carry on to Richmont.

*bump bump bump*

*poke poke*

“Aaaaah…..”

“Son, let Cris get some rest.”

“Will he be ok?”

“He will get better. Now get some rest we still got a big fight ahead of us.”

The boy rest his head upon his mother lap. He holds his little friend in his arms. His father covers his small body with the torned jacket he was wearing. The warmth of hs fiery friend, the small bumps of the vehicle and the smell of his parents made the perfect combination for a little nap. Suddenly the cram and tight APC became a welcoming bed.

Carol gently stroke the fake animal ears of his cap. In a wholesome moment his family smile in comfort.

“Seeing him like that almost make me want to have one too.”

“This is only the good part…….I would like to see you handle the sleepless nights……Education……Watch over him.”

“Nothing a veteran could not do.”

“Yeah………sure.”

“I would 100% take that over this thing!!!!!”

“What do you mean by that, Sam?”

“Can’t you see Mike….are you blind?Or the nostalgia of the army rot your brain?”

*grips*

“The fuck you talking about? We are just doing-”

He pauses for a second. As if a single droup of doubt stir up his mind.

“Jonh, tell me don’t you see what’s happening here?”

“Sorry Sam but I still don’t get It….”

“Maybe you don’t want to see.”

“Fine then. Then tell us.”

*humches over*

“Don’t you think It is strange that the “high command” send us here.”

“So your point is that capturing DC is not important?”

“Well I’am not here to judge but this is strange. Don’t you think vet?”

“It’s somewhat strange……In a stratigic stand point re capturing our industrial base is more important……like the rust belt.”

“See….Maybe you learned a few things in dessert storm.”

“I was’nt even-”

“Wait wait wait. Was’nt that operation towards Chicago?”

“Do you get It now……They want us dead……For muller and the high command we are cannon fodder.”

“Would’nt jump towards that conclusion Sam.”

“Why is that, Mike. Still have feelings for old uncle Sam?”

“Shut up Sam…..But in all seriousness I have two threories about this whole operation.”

“Three.”

“Your is too far fetch Sam.”

“The hell you-”

*clears throat*

“Proceed Mike.”

“My fist theory is that this might be a diversion attack. This explain the heavy equipment and lack of highly trainned personel.”

“Interesting this might explain all the flashy and noise equipment they gave us and Cris, with all due respect for the boy, leading this attack.”

“But would’nt that mean that they want us dead? They gave a command position for someone that almost don’t have experience. That means they want us to fail.”

“Unlikely Sam, in my time in the military I saw a lot young men get into position of leader for his service in the field. You might not like the tenent but we are in no place to judge his previous combat expirence. And If you’re asking I think he is doing a fine job.”

*tsk*

“But this still does not explain the high numbers of militia men and hunters in the group, Mike.”

*huff*

“Well that’s where theory two comes in…..”

0