Chapter 1: The beginning
110 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The heroes, huh? I wonder if I can join them someday," June mused, excitement bubbling inside as he thought about their upcoming awakening. "What skill am I going to get?"

"June, you don't need to rush. You're still 15, and tomorrow is your birthday. Just take it easy and enjoy your day for now," June's mom advised gently.

Okay mom! I sat down and ate the food mom cooked. [Enjoy my life, huh] I wonder where does our magic comes from? awakening... Every people have a chance of acquiring a magic power and be a wizard or sometime's you get a chance to be invited from the heroes if you're strong. 

Heroes job is to protect people who don't have magic from Curse monster. Awakening happen when you turn 16 some awake it early but they die early because they can't control it.

The more common skills is enchantment smiting people that posses this power can infuse ordinary weapon with magical properties turning them into magic item. 

Mom, I finished eating. Can I go outside? Sure, just be careful! June leaves their house after bidding farewell to their mom. June decided to follow the path leading to a dense forest, excited about his upcoming awakening.

As I walk through the forest, I feel a weird sensation. As I go deeper into the forest, the ambience becomes more mysterious, dangerous, and enchanted. I hear the rustling of leaves and distant bird calls. As I continued to explore the forest, I heard a piercing scream. I quickly rushed to check where the sound came from.

When he went to the source of the sound, I saw a girl with a brown hair being attacked by bandits. The girl is frightened and cornered. I need to help this girl.

 I quickly grab my dagger and target a guy seems to be away from their groups. My heart pounded on my chest as I tightened my grip around the henchman's neck, ending the man's life swiftly. The sound of the lifeless body hitting the ground echoed through the forest, and a wave of conflicting emotions washed over. I never taken a human life before the mix of joy and sadness left my body shaken.

As June crouched in the shadows, the remaining four bandits began to search for him. Their voices taunted him, calling him out from his hiding spot. "COME ON OUT! WE KNOW YOU'RE HIDING!"

I take a deep breath and make a quick decision. I needed to neutralize the bandits one by one, starting with the weakest link. My eyes darted between the remaining four men, calculating their positions and analyzing their strengths.

The bandit with the magical sword stood tall, barking orders to his companions. He seemed to be the leader, and his aura exuded confidence and power. His attention was fixed on the direction he believed June to be hiding, giving June an opportunity.

With swift and silent movements, I circled around the group, using the cover of the dense foliage to my advantage. I spotted one of the bandits, a burly man with a noticeable limp. He seemed like the weakest among them. 

"Haha found you!" My heart raced, adrenaline pumping through my veins. I clutched the dagger tightly, knowing that every move I will made was critical. Taking a deep breath, before I struck like a shadow, silencing the limping bandit with a fatal stab.

The remaining three bandits froze at the sound of their comrade's dying gasp. Fear and anger flashed across their faces as they tried to pinpoint June's location.

Feeling the rush of battle coursing through him, June embraced the primal instincts of combat. He had to keep moving, to stay one step ahead of the bandits. Like a ghost, he darted from tree to tree, using the darkness as a cover.

As the bandits' frustration grew, they decided to split up, hoping to corner their mysterious assailant this played right into June's hands. With a precision honed by desperation, June struck again, eliminating a second bandit with a swift and deadly strike to the throat. 

The remaining two bandits were now visibly shaken, but their rage pushed them to hunt June down.

I found myself behind them, my heart pounding louder than ever. This was my chance.

I leaped from the shadows, striking like a vengeful spirit. The element of surprise worked in my favor as I swiftly dispatched another bandit.

Now, only the leader remained... 

As the dust settled from the intense battle, only June and the bandit leader remained. The leader's eyes burned with fury and desperation. He knew he was outnumbered and outmatched, but he wasn't willing to go down without one last desperate stand. Drawing upon a forbidden power, he channeled his magic and unleashed his ultimate skill - the dreaded "Berserk."

A crimson aura enveloped the leader as his physical appearance changed. His muscles swelled, veins protruded from his skin, and his eyes turned bloodshot. The magic of the Berserk transformed him into a formidable force, greatly enhancing his physical capabilities.

"Finally, a real challenge!" June exclaimed, his eyes shining with newfound determination. The stakes were higher now, and June couldn't have been happier. 

My heart quickly sank as I sensed the shift in the battle's momentum. I fought hard and valiantly, but facing the berserked leader was an entirely different challenge. The bandit leader charged at June with incredible speed, the ground trembling with each step.

I tried to defend but his attacks were relentless. Every strike was like a thunderbolt, shaking June to his core. His defense was no match for the leader's enhanced strength and speed, and his attacks seemed feeble in comparison.

I feel the weight of defeat pressing down on me and reached deep within myself, tapping into powers I didn't fully understand.

A warm energy surged through his body, and he felt an ancient force awakening within him - the gift of healing.

June focused his mind and body, embracing the healing energy. Wounds that had slowed him before now began to close, and a renewed vigor coursed through his veins.

"This is amazing! I never knew I had this in me!" June shouted, a wide grin spreading across his face. The pain he had felt was now replaced by a burning desire to turn the tide of the battle.

As the berserked leader lunged for another devastating attack, June sidestepped, his movements now surprisingly nimble. His senses sharpened, and he could predict the leader's moves with ease. As the leader swung his weapon, June countered with a newfound strength, his attacks imbued with the power of healing energy.

With each strike, June felt the energy flowing through him, enhancing his attacks and empowering him to stand toe-to-toe with the berserked opponent. Blow after blow, the fight raged on, neither willing to yield.

Despite the leader's increased stats and ferocity, June's healing abilities kept him going, turning the tide in his favor. With every hit, he could feel the healing power mending his wounds and fueling his strength.

"I've got to admit, that's a pretty impressive power!" June called out, his voice tinged with admiration.

The bandit leader, now panting and desperate, began to falter. The price of the berserk power was taking its toll on his body, draining his stamina and leaving him vulnerable.

Tired already?? Seeing an opening, June gathered the last of his healing energy and delivered a final, decisive strike and killed the Leader.

My body was aching from the battle but my heart filled I finally awakened my power.

June approached the girl, a warm smile on his face. "Hey, are you alright?" he asked gently, extending a hand to help her up.

The girl looked up, her eyes wide with a mix of fear and gratitude. She hesitated for a moment before reaching out and accepting June's hand. "Y-Yes, thank you. I-I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't come to my rescue," she stammered, her voice shaking slightly.

"No need to thank me. It was the right thing to do," June replied, his smile growing wider. "I'm June, by the way. And you are?"

"I'm Elara," the girl replied, a faint blush coloring her cheeks. "Thank you again, June."

June noticed that Elara's clothes were tattered and she appeared to be alone. He couldn't help but feel a sense of concern for her well-being. Elara, where are you from? Are you traveling alone?"

Elara looked down at her feet, seemingly hesitant to share her story. "I... I come from a nearby village," she finally answered. "I got separated from my family during an attack by bandits. I've been hiding in the forest ever since, trying to avoid being caught by them."

Elara being alone and scared in the dangerous forest. "You don't have to worry anymore," he reassured her. "I'll make sure you get back to your village safely."

"But you've already done so much for me. I don't want to burden you any further," she said, her voice soft.

"You're not a burden. Helping others is what heroes do," he said with a smile. "Besides, I'm excited to explore the world and meet new people. It's an adventure.

Elara's eyes sparkled with a glimmer of hope. "You... you really mean that?

"Absolutely," June replied, sincerity in his voice.

she nodded gratefully. "Alright, June. I'll trust you."

As the moon cast its gentle glow over the forest, June and Elara made their way back through his village. They walked hand in hand, their steps accompanied by the soft rustling of leaves and the occasional hoot of an owl. 

She had never met someone like June before – brave, kind, and possessing magical abilities. Despite the circumstances, she couldn't deny the excitement of adventure with him 

As they stepped inside the small, cozy house, June's mom looked up from her chair with a curious smile. "June, you're back! And who's this young lady you've brought with you?" she asked warmly

"Mom, this is Elara," June introduced with a gentle smile. "She was in trouble in the forest, so I helped her out."

Elara offered a polite bow, feeling a bit shy but grateful for the warm reception. "Thank you for letting me stay here tonight," she said softly.

"You're welcome, dear. Any friend of June's is welcome in our home," June's mom replied kindly. "Now, you two must be tired after such an eventful day. Why don't you get some rest? Tomorrow is your birthday, after all.

June's mom led them to a cozy guest room, complete with a soft bed and warm blankets. "Rest well, both of you," she said, giving them a reassuring smile before leaving them alone.

5