Chapter 3 : The Last of Its Kind
138 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the Class B heroes have been defeated by Insecta-Scale, the crowd began to panic, and people hurriedly evacuated the area. The Hero Association sent out an urgent call for all available heroes to come to the scene and eradicate the monstrous threat.

Amidst the chaos, Hiro also tried to evacuate, urging people to move to safety. However, as he checked the crowd, his heart sank when he noticed a small child, crying and separated from her parents. The child's tearful eyes pleaded for help, and Hiro couldn't bear to leave her behind.

Despite the danger, Hiro rushed back towards the child, determined to protect them from harm. He tried to comfort the frightened child, promising to keep her safe. But just as he was about to lead the child to safety, Insecta-Scale, driven by hunger and anger, approached the scene.

The menacing lizard, seeing the vulnerable child, used its long tongue to seize the child, holding them captive in its grasp. The creature's intentions were clear—to use the child as a bargaining chip, threatening to harm her if the government didn't comply with its demands.

-- (Roaring loudly) Citizens of City Z, hear me! I am Insecta-Scale, and I have a bone to pick with your government! They've used repellent to drive away the insects I rely on for sustenance, leaving me starving and angry!


 I demand that the government stops using the repellent immediately! If they don't comply, this child will be my meal! --

The local police came by and put barricade, the police chief stood on while holding a megaphone.

--- we heard your demand, although you need to understand that if the govemrent stops using insect repelant, the insects will ravage the crops, and many people might die in hunger ---

(Insecta-scale shouts...)

-- I don't care if all of you monkeys die!!! you leave me no choice --

Insecta-scale attempts to devour the child..

Fear gripped the crowd as they watched the heart-wrenching scene unfold. The child's life hung in the balance, and everyone felt helpless against the monstrous creature's power.

Hiro's heart pounded with fear and determination. He knew he couldn't let the child suffer at the hands of Insecta-Scale. Despite not having superhuman abilities, he couldn't stand by and watch the innocent suffer. Drawing strength from within, he knew he had to act.

With a deep breath, Hiro mustered his courage and stepped forward. 

- Wait! Please, let the child go. We can find a way to help you without resorting to violence -

With unwavering resolve, Hiro stood before the fearsome monster, with his culinary skills as his only weapon. 

As Hiro stood before the fearsome Insecta-Scale, he took a deep breath, pushing aside his fear and uncertainty. With his heart filled with determination, he began his culinary intervention.

Hiro reveals an array of fresh ingredients—colorful vegetables, succulent meat, and fragrant herbs. He carefully selected each component, knowing that the flavors and textures would be crucial in taming the raging monster.

As Hiro chopped and diced, the delightful aroma of his cooking filled the air. The enticing scents wafted towards Insecta-Scale, capturing its attention. The once ferocious creature froze, momentarily confused by the unexpected diversion.

Hiro ignited his stove, and the sound of sizzling filled the tense atmosphere. He heated the pan to the perfect temperature, ensuring that each ingredient would be cooked to perfection. The crowd watched in awe, curious to see how this unassuming cook could face such a formidable foe.

With precision and finesse, Hiro combined the ingredients, creating a symphony of flavors that danced harmoniously in the pan. The tantalizing scent intensified, and the Munchies barked happily, sensing their friend's culinary artistry at work.

As Hiro cooked, he poured his heart and soul into each dish. The love and compassion he felt for both the city and Insecta-Scale were infused into his dish. It was not just a meal he was preparing—it was a message of understanding and peace.

Insecta-Scale, once consumed by anger and hunger, now found itself captivated by the sight and smell of Hiro's cooking. The creature hesitated, its fierce demeanor softening. It couldn't comprehend why the aroma of this food had such a profound effect on its emotions.

Hiro deftly plated his dishes, presenting them to the perplexed monster with a warm smile. 

- Please, try this. Let my cooking show you a different path -

Insecta-Scale cautiously extended a clawed hand and took a hesitant bite. As the flavors exploded on its taste buds, something extraordinary happened. The creature's eyes widened, and a sense of tranquility washed over it.

Insecta-Scale's anger began to dissipate, replaced by a newfound sense of connection. It no longer saw Hiro as an enemy but as an unexpected ally. The power of Hiro's cooking had touched its heart, opening its eyes to a world beyond rage and violence.

As Insecta-Scale savored the flavors of Hiro's cooking, a wave of memories washed over the once ferocious monster. With each delectable bite, fragments of its past flooded its mind, and it found itself revisiting the distant memories of the past.

Insecta-Scale remembered the days when he was just a regular lizard, living peacefully in the wilderness. It was part of a vibrant ecosystem, where thousands of its kind roamed the lands, keeping the insect population in balance and protecting the crops from harm.

The lizard's species had coexisted harmoniously with nature, ensuring that the delicate equilibrium of the environment remained intact. They hunted for prey, but they never took more than they needed, respecting the balance of life.

But then, everything changed. One fateful day, illegal hunters invaded their territory, driven by greed and false beliefs about the medicinal properties of their scales. In a cruel act of exploitation, the hunters mercilessly hunted down the lizards, reducing their once-thriving population to a mere fraction of what it once was.

With fewer predators to keep them in check, the insect population spiraled out of control. The once-abundant insects began to overrun the crops, devastating the very fields the lizards had once protected. The government, faced with a serious threat to the food supply, had no choice but to use insect repellent to safeguard the crops and the livelihood of its people.

As the insect population dwindled due to the repellent, Insecta-Scale and its companions found themselves with nothing to eat. Each day became a struggle for survival, until, one by one, its fellow lizards perished, leaving Insecta-Scale as the last of its kind.

Insecta-Scale's heart ached as it remembered the pain and despair it had endured, watching its friends and family vanish, all because of the greed and ignorance of humanity. The memories of its peaceful past stood in stark contrast to the rage and hunger that had consumed it over the years then he turned into a monster.

As the last bite of Hiro's food disappeared, Insecta-Scale looked at the unassuming food cart chef with a mixture of gratitude and remorse. The taste of Hiro's dishes had awakened a long-forgotten part of its soul—the part that longed for peace and the restoration of the once-thriving ecosystem.

Tears welled in Insecta-Scale's eyes as it realized that it had become the monster it once despised. Hiro's cooking had not only appeased its hunger but had also ignited a desire for a different path—a path of understanding, forgiveness, and healing.

In that moment, Insecta-Scale vowed to work towards restoring the balance it once knew, to protect the city without resorting to violence or destruction. It acknowledged the mistakes of its past and sought to atone for them by fostering a new relationship with the people and the environment.

With a newfound sense of purpose, Insecta-Scale extended a clawed hand towards Hiro, a silent gesture of gratitude and reconciliation. The unassuming food cart chef had not only saved the child but had also saved Insecta-Scale from the depths of its own rage and despair....

5