Chapter 12 : Snow Witch
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once, there was a girl in the northern region of City T. Her name was Alice, and she had skin as white as snow. From the moment she was born, she displayed unique abilities that set her apart. With a single glance, she could control any living thing, making them do her bidding.

Her extraordinary powers were first discovered by her parents when she was just a toddler. In her innocence, she inadvertently controlled all the house pets and animals nearby. Birds, mice, and various insects were drawn to her, as her eyes glowed with a mysterious red hue. Frightened by her uncanny abilities, her parents chose to isolate her, fearing that someone might discover her powers. 

Since then, Alice felt perpetually alone. Her dream was to become a normal human being, where she could attend school, roam the city freely, and experience life like any other child. However, as she turned six years old, her father lost his job, and their family faced financial difficulties. The burden of their struggles led to daily arguments between her parents.

One day, exhausted from hearing her parents' constant fighting, Alice decided to use her power to intervene. With a firm command, she compelled her parents to stop their quarrels, and miraculously, they obeyed. Seeing the impact of her abilities, she made a heartfelt request for them to forget about her powers and treat her like any other child. Much to her surprise, her parents smiled and agreed.

In that moment, the weight of loneliness and isolation lifted from Alice's shoulders. She finally felt understood and embraced for who she truly was. It became the happiest day of her life. 

Every day, Alice went to school, but due to their financial struggles, she resorted to using her power to control everyone around her. Initially, it seemed like a fun solution as she gained numerous friends, and even her teachers brought her lunch and money. She would use the money to support her family, commanding her mother to cook dinner while her father watched television. Under her control, people moved only when commanded to do so.

At first, this power brought convenience and advantages, but as time passed, the novelty wore off, and the situation became monotonous. Everyone around her was kind not because they genuinely liked her, but because they were under her command. It felt as if they were mere robots, devoid of any desire or autonomy. The people she controlled were trapped, unable to return to their previous state once they fell under her power.

Despite the outward appearance of friendship and support, Alice couldn't shake the feeling of emptiness. She longed for genuine connections and interactions, but her abilities had turned everyone around her into mere puppets. The joy of having friends had become hollow, knowing that their actions were merely a result of her commands.

Deep down, she knew that this wasn't the life she wanted. She yearned for true companionship, for people to care about her because they genuinely wanted to, not because they had no choice. Her heart ached for a life of authenticity and freedom, where she could form real connections without the influence of her powers.

In the midst of her internal struggle, Alice began to question the ethics of her actions. She couldn't escape the truth that her power was stripping away the essence of what made people human choice, emotions, and the freedom to be themselves.

One fateful day, a powerful horde of monsters, a family of darkness, descended upon the city with a vengeance. These 100 humanoid demon creatures began their ruthless attack, causing chaos and panic among the people. Terrified, the citizens tried to escape, but those under Alice's control stood motionless, awaiting her next command.

The monsters targeted people's homes, bringing destruction and terror to the once peaceful city. Alice, determined to protect her loved ones, stood fearlessly in front of the monsters. Her eyes glowed a fiery red as she commanded them to shield her parents, ensuring their safety.

With her parents protected, she swiftly turned her attention to the people under her control. Using her power, she urged them to evacuate, guiding them to safety as they followed her commands, Then she rush towards the school to save other people under her control, however the once vibrant halls were now drenched in blood, with body parts scattered everywhere. The monsters had mercilessly annihilated every person in their path, leaving behind a scene of unimaginable horror.

Fear and desperation gripped her heart as she ran back to her home, seeking refuge from the relentless onslaught. As she returned, she was met with a surprising sight – a group of monsters had appeared to confront the ones under her control. A fierce battle ensued as the two forces clashed, each vying for dominance.

In the midst of the chaos, Alice's mind raced with conflicting emotions. She felt overwhelmed by the power she wielded and the responsibility it carried. The realization that her abilities had brought devastation upon her school and the innocent lives lost weighed heavily on her conscience.

One by one, Alice attempted to control each of those monsters in a desperate bid to protect her home and her parents. However, the head of the family of darkness had heard of her capabilities and decided to pay her a deadly visit. He sensed that her family members were guarding her house, and without a shred of mercy, he proclaimed them as traitors before ruthlessly eliminating them all.

Inside her home, Alice could hear the commotion outside, and her heart sank as she saw that all the demons under her control were now lifeless. Suddenly, the roof of her home began to collapse as the head of the family of darkness launched an attack from above.

In a last-ditch effort to defend herself, Alice tried to use her power against him. However, her abilities proved futile, as the head of the darkness family was a bat-like monster and completely blind. His blindness rendered him immune to her powers, leaving her defenseless against his onslaught.

--- I AM MAN BAT, THE HEAD OF THE FAMILY OF DARKNESS. YOU, A PUNY LITTLE RUNT, DARED TO CONTROL MY OWN FAMILY MEMBERS TO TURN AGAINST EACH OTHER. FOR THIS BLASPHEMY, YOU SHALL PAY WITH YOUR LIFE!!! ---

She felt hopeless as Man Bat wreaked havoc in their home, desperately trying to buy time for her parents to escape. However, despite her commands, her parents refused to leave her side, standing resolutely in front of her. She continued to plead with them to run, her voice filled with desperation, but they remained steadfast in their decision.

Tears welled up in Alice's eyes as she felt the weight of her powerlessness. In that moment of vulnerability, her mother tenderly held her face, wiping away her tears. 

--- We won't leave you, my child ---

her mother proclaimed with unwavering determination.

Then her mother handed her a journal, whispering into her ear

--- Live, Run free my child, i love you ---

The words lingered in Alice's mind as she clutched the journal close to her heart. But something strange began to happen; she felt as if she were losing control of her own body. Her limbs moved on their own accord, and her consciousness began to slip away, leaving her in a state of confusion and fear.

In this involuntary state, Alice found herself fleeing from the chaotic scene before her. It was as if an unknown force had taken over, guiding her through the maze of destruction and danger. She felt like a passenger in her own body, unable to command her actions or comprehend what was happening. 

After regaining consciousness, Alice found herself in a government evacuation center, surrounded by concerned individuals seeking safety. Her first instinct was to return home and help her mother fight against Man Bat. Desperate to get assistance, she tried using her power on the people around her to aid in her quest. However, to her astonishment, her power did not seem to work on them.

Undeterred, she ran alone towards the scene of the battle, hoping to confront Man Bat and protect her loved ones. Snow starting to fall. Upon reaching her home, her heart shattered at the devastating sight before her. An ambulance was carrying away her mother and father's lifeless bodies, victims of the fierce battle that had taken place.

Amidst the aftermath of destruction, she also noticed the bodies of around fifty other monsters, all dead from fighting each other. It was evident that her mother had valiantly defended their home and fought until her last breath.

In her grief and confusion, Alice remembered the journal her mother had given her before everything happened. Clutching it tightly, she read its contents with trembling hands. The truth unfolded before her tear-filled eyes - her mother had never been under her control. It was her mother who had been orchestrating the protection and care she received, using her own unique abilities to ensure Alice's safety.

Throughout her school days, her mother had been by her side, subtly guiding her to receive the best treatment and care possible. The revelation hit Alice like a wave, understanding that the people she had controlled in the past were all influenced by her mother's gentle manipulation, ensuring Alice's well-being without her even realizing it.

Her mother possessed a remarkable ability to control any being using her voice, but the effect of her power only lasted for a day. It was a gift that came with its own limitations. Yet, her mother had used it wisely to protect and care for Alice, like a guardian angel working in the shadows.

Kneeling on the ground, clutching the journal to her heart, Alice wept for the loss of her parents and the burden of her powers. She felt an overwhelming mix of emotions - gratitude for her mother's selfless love, sorrow at her untimely departure. 

Suddenly, a horde of vengeful demons appeared, seeking retribution for their fallen leader. Panic ensued as rescuers and civilians ran for safety, but the demons swiftly caught up to them, mercilessly annihilating anyone attempting to escape.

Amidst the chaos, the snow continued to fall softly, creating an eerie ambiance. Alice stood her ground, her eyes shining like red rubies, emanating an otherworldly power. With determined steps, she walked straight towards the snowy street, drawing the attention of the approaching demons.

As the demons got closer, a strange phenomenon occurred - they began to take their own lives. Each one that approached her met a sudden and inexplicable end, as if her very presence brought about their demise. Witnessing this, the other demons started to flee in fear, realizing that something inexplicably powerful and dangerous was standing before them.

The people around her watched in awe and trepidation as thirty-nine lifeless demon bodies now lay on the ground, evidence of Alice's extraordinary abilities. In that moment, she became known as the "Snow Witch," a mysterious figure who saved City T from a devastating threat, but also someone who instilled fear in those around her.

Despite her heroic act, people treated her with caution and unease, unsure of what to make of her extraordinary powers. The title of "Snow Witch" carried a mix of admiration and apprehension, as she was both revered for her abilities and feared for the unknown.

Despite the recognition she received for her actions, Alice couldn't help but feel the weight of her powers and the isolation they brought. The city may have been saved, but the price she paid was a sense of alienation and misunderstanding from the very people she protected. 

As the snow continued to fall, blanketing the city with a serene white coat, Alice walked away from the scene, her heart heavy with conflicting emotions.

/ Back to Present /

Those are Alice's memories flooded into my mind when I touched her earlier. I couldn't believe that behind her elegant beauty, she carried such heavy burdens. A strong urge to protect her welled up inside me, and I realized that I wanted to be by her side no matter what challenges we faced together. However, my thoughts were interrupted by a sudden voice.

-- Hiro, Alice , Well done!! --

It was sarutobi.

- Sarutobi.. What are you doing here? - 

-- MonsterKeeper Guild would retrieve the monster you tame, in this case thomas would be be in MonsterKeeper Guild Costudy from now on -- 

As Alice and I walked outside the tunnel, the munchies pulled the cart behind us. We exchanged glances, both knowing we had been through something extraordinary together.

-- Good job, Hiro. See you tomorrow -- Alice said as she walked in a different direction.

- Yes, see you tomorrow - 

 I replied, watching her as she walked away. The sunset's light touched her skin, making her glow even more beautifully. The munchies looked at me, sensing something different.

- Tora, Toro, I think I'm in love.. - 

I confessed, my heart pounding as I realized my feelings for Alice....

2