Chapter 17 : Hand Of God
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a peaceful day in City-Z, the morning sun cast a gentle glow as the guild sent out messages to all tamers across various cities.

--- Beloved Tamers, the Guild's Founder, Mr. Minamoto, personally invites you to the Grand Opening of the 2nd Branch of MonsterTamer Guild in City-J. All tamers from A Class to K Class are required to attend. ---

Outside my apartment, Sarutobi appeared and began knocking. Without delay, I got ready and stepped outside. Sarutobi gestured for me to follow him, guiding me towards his car. To my surprise, Alice was already in the car, dressed in the red shoulderless dress she had purchased at the mall. It was then that I realized I had left the ribbon I intended to give her inside my apartment.

With a burst of speed, Sarutobi accelerated, and we set off on the journey towards City-J.

Meanwhile, aboard White Lion's luxurious yacht, the Guild's top executives embarked on their journey towards City-J. Enchantress and Chen were also present on the yacht, accompanying White Lion on this voyage.

As the yacht sailed on the open waters, a sudden and massive wave crashed against the vessel, causing panic to ripple through the guests, staff, and executives on board. Suddenly, an astonishing sight greeted them—an imposing humanoid sea creature emerged onto the deck.

Amid the chaos, the guests and crew scrambled to retreat to the safety of the cabins. The sea creature's voice thundered, its message resounding with authority, 

--- WE ARE THE SEAFOLKS, THE TRUE RULERS OF THE EARTH. YOU HAVE NO PERMISSION TO SAIL IN OUR SEAS. YOU PEOPLE MUST DIE. ---

In the midst of the turmoil, White Lion stood up, his presence commanding attention. With a decisive gesture, he raised his hand, and an extraordinary spectacle unfolded. A fleet of ghostly ships materialized in the air, their ominous cannons aimed at the sea creature. As the cannons fired, a colossal chain materialized, swiftly extending and wrapping around the Sea Folk's neck.

The chain tautened, hoisting the Sea Folk into the air. With fervent determination, the creature struggled to free itself from the constricting grip of the chain around its neck. Suddenly, another cannon fired, and another chain shot out, wrapping tightly around the Sea Folk's body. The chains continued to pull the Sea Folk until it reached the Ghost ship, successfully capturing the defiant Sea Folk. The spectators on board, both guests and executives, erupted into applause, witnessing the triumphant capture.

Abruptly, a resounding noise reverberated from the hull of the yacht. All eyes turned to the source of the disturbance as a multitude of Sea Folk emerged, relentlessly pounding on the yacht's hull. White Lion seized the moment, issuing his command. Each ship fired its cannons, launching thick iron chains that snaked toward the Sea Folk, ensnaring their necks. In a coordinated effort, the Sea Folk were forcibly drawn towards the ghost ships, captured in their iron embrace

As the ghost ships Dematerialize, an executive proudly flexed White Lion's prowess, declaring...

-- Did you see that, gentlemen? Our tamers are much stronger than the heroes. --

 The guests responded with applause and approving nods. One of the executives approached White Lion, pledging him a well-deserved promotion.

Amid the celebration, another unexpected wave crashed over the yacht, and a fresh horde of Sea Folk appeared on board. Panic swept through the guests as the Sea Folk, now among them, elicited fear. White Lion attempted to re-summon his ship, but this time, it faltered and failed to materialize. In an alarming turn of events, one of the Sea Folk approached White Lion and delivered a powerful blow to his face. The force of the impact sent White Lion hurtling toward the cabin, while the startled executives scrambled to escape the impending danger.

However, Chen, the top-ranked tamer, was nowhere to be found amidst the chaos. In his absence, Enchantress stepped forward, taking the forefront of the confrontation. She unleashed a multitude of enchanting butterflies that scattered through the air, emitting irresistible pheromones. The aroma casts a spell over the Sea Folks, causing them to be enchanted by Enchantress's allure. Their expressions softened, and they were captivated by the enchanting aura she exuded.

Yet, a twist of fate revealed that the Sea Folks on board were humanoid octopuses. As the pheromones wafted through the air, the enchantment seemed to take an ominous turn. The once-captivated Sea Folk turned from gentle fascination to aggression. The humanoid octopuses, driven by their innate nature, succumbed to their primal instincts and launched attacks against Enchantress.

Meanwhile as Hiro, Alice, and Sarutobi journeyed towards City J, they were met with an unexpected obstacle—the presence of numerous heroes on their way, causing a significant traffic jam. The traffic congestion seemed to be caused by a convergence of heroes heading towards the City J.

Sensing a disturbance in the surroundings, the Munchies displayed unease. Then Suddenly, Seafolk emerged amidst the chaotic traffic, With swift action, the nearby C Class heroes engaged the Seafolk in combat. The cacophony of the confrontation, combined with the blaring sirens across City J, created an atmosphere of urgency and tension.

The Class C heroes fought valiantly against the powerful creature, joining forces to mount an assault. However, the Seafolk proved to be a formidable adversary, retaliating with a ferocity that left the heroes overwhelmed and defeated. The once-heroic efforts had faltered, leaving the city's defenders in a state of disarray.

Witnessing the struggle and recognizing the dire situation, Hiro and Alice rushed to the scene. The Munchies, sensing the impending danger, underwent a transformation, morphing into formidable lion-like beasts. 

The Munchies began to attack. The Seafolk noticed and fought back with incredible speed. As the Munchies got closer to the Seafolk, they immediately transformed into snakelike monster, seizing and restraining the Seafolk.

Hiro watched in surprise, not expecting the Munchies to be this powerful. It reminded him of a game he used to play as a child called "Dokemon."

- Go, Toro! Use Thunder-volt! - he shouted.

The Munchies looked at him with confusion. Suddenly, Toro transformed into an eel-like creature. Tora quickly moved away from the Seafolk. Then Toro unleashed a high voltage of electricity, frying and paralyzing the Seafolk.

Sarutobi clapped and walked toward hiro, While adjusting his eyeglasses in a manner reminiscent of famous anime characters who exude an air of calculated confidence

--- Quick thinking, Hiro! Water Type Dokemon are weaker against electric type attacks, making Toro's attack super effective! --- he explained.

Hiro and Sarutobi burst into laughter, while Alice looked at them with a puzzled expression.

-- Weirdos...-- Alice muttered.

Alice then walked closer to the Seafolk. Her eyes started to glow red, The Seafolk looked directly into her eyes. Now, the Seafolk was under Alice's control.

Sarutobi immediately called the HQ. After several minutes, a large chopper appeared in the sky, carrying a sizable metal container. With Alice's assistance, they successfully placed the creature inside the metallic container. The Seafolk was now under the guild's custody.

Meanwhile, back on the yacht, panic spread among the executives. White Lion had been overpowered by the Seafolk. While the guests, top executives, and Enchantress hid in the cabin, the humanoid octopuses who had fallen for Enchantress's pheromones were fervently searching for her, driven by aggressive intentions.

As one of the Seafolk pinpointed the location where the guests and executives were hiding, a menacing aura of intent to kill emanated from his expression. Suddenly, a man in white armor appeared before them.

-- What is this commotion? -- the man inquired.

The Seafolk noticed the man's presence and immediately launched an attack. However, a Griffin swooped in, its powerful beak clamping down on the Seafolk's arm. The Seafolk screamed in pain and knelt. The man pointed his staff at the Seafolk, emitting a calming blue light. The creature's aggression subsided, and it knelt before the man.

Amidst the chaos, an executive noticed the man.

"Chen, there's still a bunch of them outside," the executive warned.

Chen moved toward the deck, accompanied by the Griffin and the Seafolk now under his control. The Seafolk's arm regenerated as if nothing had happened. The other Seafolk appeared confused, questioning why one of their own had chosen to side with the enemy.

The remaining Seafolk launched an attack against Chen. However, the Seafolk under Chen's control fought back, displaying greater strength than their counterparts. One by one, the Seafolk were defeated by the controlled Seafolk. Chen harnessed his power over them, and they became his loyal servants.

The guests and top executives celebrated and expressed their gratitude to Chen. However, their jubilation turned to surprise and disappointment when Chen issued a command to the Seafolk.

"Deep sea creatures, return to the depths of the ocean and never resurface again," Chen declared.

All the Seafolk under Chen's control obeyed the command, diving back into the ocean. The executives' faces registered their disapproval as they had hoped the Seafolk would remain under the guild's custody.

Chen approached White Lion and used his power to heal his battered body. Then, riding his Griffin, Chen took to the skies and departed. As he left, the yacht continued its peaceful journey, ultimately arriving safely in City J.

Meanwhile, Sarutobi, Hiro, and Alice were still on the road, driving toward the MonsterTamer Guild's 2nd branch. The lively city had turned into a ghost town, as all civilians had been evacuated due to the Seafolk threat.

As rain began to pour, Hiro spotted the bald-headed man who had destroyed the meteor in City-Z standing in the middle of the road. People were referring to him as Caped Baldy, a C Class hero. Despite the rain, Sarutobi continued to drive, and they finally arrived at the Guild.

Inside the guild's lobby, all the tamers had gathered. Hiro recognized some familiar faces such as Beast Master, Washuwamido, Broodmother, and others. The staff instructed everyone to assemble in an underground facility, which turned out to be a spacious conference room. The executives sat on the front stage, while the lower-ranked tamers filled the back.

At that moment, the Founder, Mr. Miyamoto, stepped onto the center stage.

--- Dear beloved Tamers and Numbers, I have called upon all of you not just to celebrate the opening of our 2nd branch, but to share news of an impending catastrophe. One of our finest agents and informants has reported the passing of the Great Fortune Teller Shibabawa. Before her demise, she wrote a message on a piece of paper: 'Earth is in danger of a terrible disaster.' Her ability to predict the future was always 100% accurate.

Within the next 6 months, I urge all of you, especially our Class A and Class K tamers, to prepare yourselves. We are uncertain about the nature of the impending catastrophe, but I implore you to ready yourselves. I authorize the use of all available resources to counter this potential disaster. That is all for now. Enjoy the party. ---

After Mr. Miyamoto's speech, everyone in the conference room rose to their feet, engaging in discussions and light-hearted conversations about the imminent danger.

Hiro's curiosity was piqued by the man in the shining white armor. He turned to Sarutobi and inquired about the man's identity.

Sarutobi responded, 

-- That man is Chen, the Rank 1 A-class tamer. He's incredibly powerful. According to our gathered records, he possesses an ability called 'Hand of God' which grants him control over all creatures in a city-wide area, including animals and mysterious beings. There's even a rumor that his power works on humans as well. Moreover, his ability amplifies the strength and capabilities of the controlled creatures. His background is quite mysterious. He was an orphan from City Q, disappeared at the age of 5, and then reappeared 30 years later. Unfortunately, he is blind. However, reports suggest he has the ability to 'see' using senses not present in humans. --

Amidst the event, a variety of foods and wine were available. Suddenly, a handsome man named Kimura, also known as TechnoGuy, approached Alice. Sarutobi looked at Hiro and explained..

-- That's Kimura, also called TechnoGuy a Class K, Rank 12. He launches microbots into the air that occupy the nervous systems of monsters. This allows him to control their bodies remotely. --

Alice's demeanor changed as Kimura introduced himself. She walked away, seemingly uninterested.

Suddenly, a change in lighting swept across the stage, casting a bright glow upon a large screen. The spotlight revealed the new leader of the MonsterTamer Guild's second branch, standing prominently.

 The screen projected an image of the underground facilities, housing the tamed monsters. As Hiro's gaze fell upon this scene, his heart sank in disappointment. 

The disheartening sight contradicted both his and the guild's shared ideals. Despite their aligned mission and vision, the reality before him starkly contradicted his expectations—a world where humans and monsters coexisted in harmony, as opposed to the monsters' current predicament as captives and subjects of experimentation....

1