Chapter 21 : True Nature
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

MonsterTamer Guild HQ/

The Guild Summoned all the Tamers, to discuss the recent alien invasions. During the meeting, significant changes were announced. Alice has been promoted to Class A rank 1, while White Lion achieved Rank 2. However, Since Chen has been terminated from the guild since he was accused of intentionally releasing 200 dragon threat monsters from the HQ,

In response to the escalating threat, the executive board introduced a new team structure. Each team would consist of five members: four "Tamers" and one "Numbers" class member assigned for additional support during missions.

Hiro team includes Alice, Vionish, Alex (Class J: Rank 43), and Sarutobi. To maintain team balance, Alex, who held the lowest rank among the Tamers, was paired with Alice, who held the highest rank.

Meanwhile deep within the underground facility of the HQ, White Lion wielded his power to summon a fleet of Ghost ships. These ethereal vessels manifested in the air with an air of mystique. The monsters captured during the recent operations were confined within a secured area resembling prison cells. Thick glass walls and sturdy iron doors isolated these creatures, while iron restraints bound them, pinning them to the walls and restricting their movement.

Amidst this scene, an employee stationed at a control panel caught White Lion's attention. In response to the gesture, White Lion affirmed the command. In an instant, the iron restraints released their hold on the imprisoned monsters, and the iron doors swung open, releasing the creatures into the chamber.

Seizing the opportunity, the unleashed monsters dashed out with heightened aggression. However, White Lion's ships were primed for action. Each of the Ghost ships unleashed a powerful cannon, firing thick chains that swiftly ensnared the charging creatures, preventing their escape.

The chains swiftly retracted, expertly hauling the 200 captured monsters towards the waiting Ghost ships. The operation had a flawless execution, as the creatures were secured without a hitch.

Amidst the success, an executive approached White Lion, bearing two briefcases brimming with money. This transaction was followed by the executive handing over an envelope, a subtle yet significant exchange.

--- The chopper is prepared, give this envelops to McCoy --- the executive informed White Lion, presenting the sealed letter.

-- No problem -- White Lion responded with an air of confidence.

With that, the fleet of Ghost ships dissolved into nothingness, a manifestation of White Lion's authority and departure from the underground facility.

Meanwhile, the meeting took an abrupt turn as the executive dismissed the assembled tamers.

Alice, Hiro, Vionish, Alex, and Sarutobi gathered around the table in the guild's bustling cafeteria. Sarutobi took the initiative to introduce Alex to the group.

--- Alex, meet our remarkable team," Sarutobi began. "This is Alice, our esteemed Class S - Rank 1. Hiro, the renowned food cart chef from city Z, holding the title of Class K - Rank 5. Vionish, a talented Class Q - Rank 3. And lastly, this is Alex, a valued member with a standing of Class J - Rank 43. ---

-- Hello, everyone. I'm Alex. Looking forward to working alongside you, -- Alex greeted warmly.

Suddenly, an urgent siren pierced through the entire building, disrupting the conversation. Executives and employees alike hurriedly made their way out of the underground facility. Amid the chaos, one executive's voice stood out, repeatedly calling for tamers.

--- We need tamers! The monsters underground are causing havoc! --- the executive shouted urgently.

With most other tamers having already left, Hiro's team was among the few remaining. Sarutobi's gesture prompted the team to take action and head underground, ready to face the unruly situation unfolding below.

Reacting swiftly, Hiro and the rest of the team followed the situation down into the depths of the underground facility. The underground expanse was labyrinthine, heavily fortified with security measures. They encountered an employee lying on the ground, clearly distressed.

- What happened? - Hiro inquired urgently.a

The employee explained, --- I accidentally triggered the gate in zone 2. Now there are 300 monsters on the loose, trying to release others. ---

Before they could react, the massive metal door separating them from the zones housing the rampaging monsters was obliterated. Emerging from the wreckage was a colossal centipede-like monster. Alice, with her intense red-glowing eyes, took charge at the forefront. With an aura of command, she promptly subdued the centipede monster.

Sarutobi swiftly lifted the injured employee and made a hasty exit from the facility. Vionish skillfully wielded his violin, the melodies subduing weaker monsters instantaneously. However, other, more powerful monsters began to advance toward them. Thankfully, Alice stationed herself near the entrance, quickly subduing any monsters that ventured too close.

Unexpectedly, Alex stepped into the zone, fearlessly facing the charging monsters. She expertly dodged their attacks, demonstrating remarkable agility. With a calculated move, she hurled kunai equipped with threads that latched onto her targets. Each kunai found its mark, piercing the monsters' tough skin. With deft control, she manipulated the threads like a puppeteer, forcing the targeted monster to attack others nearby.

Hiro stood there, a sense of isolation creeping over him as he watched his teammates take charge of the situation. Despite being surrounded by others, a feeling of loneliness gnawed at him. He felt like an outsider, unable to contribute meaningfully as he observed his teammates skillfully subduing the monsters.

In his mind, Washusamido's words resurfaced,

- Im quite useless in urgent situations, all I have is my cooking prowess, but without those, I'm just a normal boy. How can I possibly change the world? -

Alice caught Hiro muttering and glanced at him, her gaze piercing through his thoughts.

-- Start from yourself! -- Alice's response hit Hiro like a bolt.

Startled, Hiro stammered, - Huh? -

-- If you want to change the world, start with yourself. If you keep thinking that way, maybe you should give up on your dreams. --

Suddenly, a colossal monster emerged, smashing the one Alex was controlling. Alex attempted to retaliate by hurling her kunai at the towering creature, but the kunai failed to penetrate its thick hide.

Alex retreated, and Vionish, engrossed in playing her violin, commanded the monsters under her control to assail the gigantic humanoid beast. However, this monster defied expectations, displaying remarkable speed and strength. It systematically overpowered and annihilated each creature that Vionish commanded.

As the situation escalated, the main door connecting the underground facility to the surface abruptly sealed shut. Panic surged through Vionish, and she frantically pounded on the unyielding metal door.

Meanwhile above the underground facility, the executives had all evacuated, leaving the "Numbers" to handle the escalating crisis. Sarutobi had managed to contact nearby tamers for assistance. However, an abrupt decision from a Nine-class Number member caused panic to ripple through the scene as he ordered the closure of the main entrance to the underground facility.

Sarutobi noticed the grim action and swiftly confronted the man responsible.

-- Hey, there are still people downstairs! --

The Nine-class member retorted callously, --- So what? If those monsters escape, the entire City A and the surrounding city will be in danger. Those creatures range from wolf-level threats to demon-level threats. Don't worry, the sacrifice of your team will be appreciated. --

Sarutobi's anger flared, his patience snapped. then he unleashed a powerful punch towards the man, but in an unexpected twist, the man retaliated. A brutal punch connected with Sarutobi's frame, inadvertently pressing a button on the control panel. The consequence was dire—the metal doors separating different zones flung open, releasing a torrent of monsters.

-- Look what you've done! -- Sarutobi's furious voice reverberated, echoing the chaos and uncertainty that now reigned.

Monsters began to flood each zone, leaving destruction in their wake as they rampaged through the facility. Vionish's desperate cries echoed as he pounded on the metal door, seeking an escape. Meanwhile, Alex and Alice worked together, utilizing their monsters to fend off the advancing horde.

In the midst of the chaos, Hiro took off, determined to find a solution. He explored nearby rooms, hoping to discover a switch that could open the metal door. What he stumbled upon, however, was a room filled with files—the comprehensive master list of monsters under the guild's custody. Hiro's shock deepened as he saw evidence of monsters being shipped to various private entities, including Dr. Bofoi and McCoy, at staggering prices. The monsters were classified by threat level and unique abilities, presented as items for sale on an online shopping website. There was even a section for bidding on the guild's most powerful creatures.

As Hiro processed this unsettling information, a sudden explosion rocked the area. He rushed back to his teammates, finding Vionish unconscious, Alex injured from battling monsters, and Alice still struggling to control the situation. However, a new threat emerged in the form of a gigantic humanoid bird with astonishing speed. It systematically attacked Alice's controlled monsters, eliminating them one by one.

The red glow in Alice's eyes began to fade, and the situation turned dire. The humanoid bird's ferocity increased, and it targeted Alice directly. Overwhelmed, she lost consciousness and was flung into the air. In a desperate move, Alex managed to catch her, but with both Alice and Vionish now unconscious and Alex injured, thousands of unleashed monsters posed an imminent threat within the underground facility. Amidst this chaos, Hiro remained their only hope for survival.

0