Chapter 24 : Perfect Team doesn’t ex….
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the Sea folk, named Dory, decided to work with us, we formed a four-man team happily serving each customer. Dory showcased expertise in butchering seafood, displaying excellent knife skills as he effortlessly filleted a salmon in just a minute.

Fumiko glanced at Dory while he tasted the freshly butchered salmon.

-- Hey, isn't that cannibalism? Eating your own kind? --

Dory looked at Fumiko and burst into laughter,

--- Of course not. Fish eating fish is like humans eating pork. While Fish and I may be similar sea creatures, it doesn't mean we're the same species, just like how mammals kill and eat each other. ---

Fumiko nodded and continued cooking, the aroma of my gourmet once again enticing passing citizens to buy and taste our delicious meals.

The Hero Association's local HQ and the government were in turmoil since the recent incident where high-class heroes were beaten to death by a single man known as Hero Hunter "Garo." Citizens were recommended to stay at home as monster spawning rates quadrupled in just a month. Low-class heroes patrolled the streets for potential threats, often stopping by my food cart to rest and eat.

My food cart became quite popular, and Fumiko, Dory, and Kongking suggested opening a small restaurant. However, I didn't plan to stay in City-Q for too long, as there were still things I needed to accomplish. Currently weak and powerless, I longed for a way to obtain more strength.

Suddenly, a deep voice echoed, sounding very familiar.

--REWOP DEEN UIY OD¿--

I felt dizzy and dropped to my knees. The munchies sensed danger and transformed into beasts.

-- Hiro!! Are you okay? -- KongKing asked.

- Yes, just feeling kind of dizzy. -

-- Maybe it's because of overworking -- Fumiko suggested.

Sensing something off, I decided to call it a day.

With the four of us, it seemed necessary to relocate to a larger condo unit, especially since Dory was too big. Fortunately, he could adjust his size, although 7 feet was still too tall.

"We feasted on the remaining food and decided to wind down by playing cards. The atmosphere lightened as laughter filled the air.

'I WIN AGAIN!' Kongking shouted as he pounded his chest.

Kongking was quite a genius, a unique creature with high intelligence. He adjusted the food card AI system and self-defense occasionally and cut off Metal Knight's remnant in the system.

Fumiko, from a formidable beast clan, is a warrior capable of annihilating hundreds of enemies. However, like me, she hates conflict and decides to live in peace with humans.

I don't know much about Dory since he just joined our team recently, but he is fun to talk to. His knowledge of navigation and sea creatures is wide, not to mention his super strength. He's quite kind and joyful.

I look at their faces with glimpses of joy. I hope the world will soon acknowledge that monsters are just like humans. There are some bad monsters and some bad humans. But some monsters desire peace as much as the majority of us. Some just fight for survival. Although we treat them all the same, we kill monsters because of our past bad experiences with some of them, and they do the same.

An endless cycle of killing and annihilating until either one is completely eradicated.

I don't want that to happen. I will cook until my hands stop moving, with one ultimate goal: to unite everyone with my gourmet. I've seen it a hundred times already; monsters and humans can be friends, can be allies while facing and overcoming challenges in life.

'Hey, Hiro!' Fumiko shouted. I startled; everyone is looking at me.

'Why do you look so serious?' Fumiko asked.

I smiled. - l Nothing. - 

'Don't think too much. Let's party!' Fumiko said, touching my shoulder.

Dory brings a case of beer. We spend the night with tales and laughter.

It's morning already! Wait a minute; everyone, wake up!

'What's that? I still want to sleep,' Fumiko replies.

'It's already 9 in the morning; we should prepare to cook. We're already 4 hours late!'

Dory and Kongking start panicking, preparing the tools and ingredients. The food cart automatically reopens and cleans itself, as Kongking commands.

The munchies helped each other carry ingredients, and I started cutting and preparing. People eagerly lined up, and I announced our specialty for the day—'Oyakodon!'As the sizzling sounds filled the air, I cracked eggs with precision, the aroma of dashi and soy sauce blending perfectly. Each ingredient danced in the pan, harmonizing to create the symphony of flavors that defined my 'Oyakodon.'

The crowd watched in anticipation as I skillfully assembled the dish, the savory scent enticing even the most distant passerby.Fumiko served each Oyakodon to the customers with the help of Dory and Kong King. Suddenly, a woman walked towards my food cart. The munchies changed its form, signaling a potential threat. She handed me a package.

The woman walks toward me, handing me a package.

'You are the famous food cart boy I heard about. I'll be back tomorrow to pick you up; choose wisely.'

Then she suddenly vanishes in the middle of the crowd.

'Who was that?' Dory asks.

'I don't know,' I respond.

'I feel a heavy threatening aura from that woman,' Dory says.

The three of them curiously walk near me as I open the box.

-This is!?....-

0