Chapter 1 :(Part 1) The sound of adolescence is as loud as possible.
87 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Madam, we have arrived," the chauffeur announced, his voice laden with a sense of formality. The sleek black car came to a halt, its tires resting just inches away from a majestic water fountain. To my surprise, the fountain stood where one would expect a conventional parking lot to be, marking the entrance to the sprawling premises of Nightshade High School.

Nightshade High School, nestled deep within the heart of an ancient forest, lay a considerable distance from the bustling center of the city. Its remote location lent an air of seclusion and enigma to the institution. As I gazed at the looming structure before me, an undeniable sense of intrigue stirred within my typically unimpressed soul. Rarely did anything capture my attention to such an extent, but this peculiar high school possessed a captivating aura that drew me in like a moth to a flame.

Stepping out of the car, my aunt and I ventured into the hallowed halls of the school.

As we strolled, I observed numerous students in their uniforms, going about their day and enjoying moments on the field. And what a field it was! An expansive basketball court lay just a few yards away, signaling that this high school held a deep affinity for sports—a fortunate coincidence for me, as that was precisely what I sought. A smile adorned my face, and if I were to unravel the reasons behind my joy, it would be because, in my junior school year, I had longed to join the basketball team. However, at that time, my focus was primarily on academic pursuits, leaving my sporting aspirations unfulfilled.

But now, an exceptional opportunity lay ahead, one I was eager to seize.

Sensations of numerous glances upon us accompanied our progress, accompanied by a multitude of emotions flickering across the faces of the students—an oddity in itself. Should high school students react in such a manner upon encountering a fellow student?

"Hey, Natasha, can you enlighten me as to why they are regarding us in such a manner?" I inquired, my curiosity ignited.

"Oh, fret not, Adrian, you shall grow accustomed to it," she responded with a mischievous smirk.

"Hey, that hardly answers my query."

As I pressed on with my inquiries, a girl in the high school uniform—consisting of a white shirt, a black coat, and a black skirt complemented by matching stockings—suddenly obstructed our path.

The girl possessed a striking beauty, and I do not jest when I say so. Her cascading red hair flowed down to her back, her eyes resembling boundless oceans of mesmerizing blue. A particularly enchanting mole adorned her left cheek.

Our footsteps halted as she bestowed a polite bow upon Natasha.

"What brings you, Madam Natasha, onto our campus? No, don't divulge it just yet. Allow me to hazard a guess... Hmm. You have finally succumbed to the offer of teaching at our esteemed high school," she exclaimed with an exuberance that never wavered, her gaze steadfastly fixed on my aunt.

"Nah, I apologize for disappointing you, Alisha, but I am not here to teach," Natasha replied.

Ah, so that's her name—Alisha. A beautiful name indeed, befitting a girl of such loveliness.

Alisha's previous enthusiasm instantly deflated upon hearing Natasha's response to her earlier question.

"Oh, what a letdown. I was hoping you would join our teaching staff this year."

This year, I comprehend now. She must be a senior, perhaps a second-year student.

"It's simply not feasible, Alisha," Natasha replied, her voice tinged with a hint of sorrow. "You understand better than anyone that I have my own burdens to bear. And now that my nephew has arrived, I must make time for him as well."

Alisha's eyebrows arched in surprise upon hearing my aunt's words, a curious expression illuminating her features. She tilted her head slightly, her inquisitiveness palpable.

"Nephew? I had no inkling that you had a nephew," she queried, her voice laced with intrigue.

"Oh, right, i didn't tell you about him, well, now's a good time, say hello to Alisha William she is your senior" Natasha, with her hand rubbing my back give me a slight push to introduce myself to her.

Her eyes for the first time shifted from Natasha towards myself, with intrigue.

"My name is William Johnson, you can call me William, nice too meet you" I extended my hands for a handshake.

Without replying my greetings, she gazed at me for few seconds before bursting out in laughter.

"W-what, did i say something strange?" I asked, baffled by her outburst.

After her laughter stopped, she then said.

"No the way you greet is too old fashioned, i mean who even does this kind of greetings, these Days."

"U-uh I-is that so"

"But don't worry, junior, it's itself is quite cute, so i approve it." Then she grabbing my hands, without my consent, made handshake. "My name Alisha Carlson, it's also nice to meet you, i hope you'll enjoy your stay here and don't be shy to ask for my help if you run into trouble" then releasing my hands form soft hand's grip she bowed towards my aunt as she excused herself.

Okay, now that was weird. Wait or it's me who feels this way.

We reached infornt of a big door as the guard noticing us, Hurriedly stand up and bowed at the direction of my Aunt before opening the door.

Upon stepping inside, we found ourselves in a lavishly adorned room with a distinct aroma of polished wood and leather furniture.

"Greetings, Lady Natasha," greeted an old man with a white beard, dressed in a sharp black suit. He was the headteacher of this prestigious private high school.

In response to the warm welcome, my aunt and I both took our seats in front of the headmaster.

"You must be Lady Natasha's nephew, I assume?" he inquired.

"Yes, nice to meet you," I replied, extending my hand for a handshake.

From the way he carried himself, it was evident that the headmaster held a great amount of respect for Natasha.

"So, what brings you here, Lady Natasha?" he asked with a friendly smile, settling comfortably in his chair.

"It's nothing of grave importance, Mr. Bruce, but in a way, it is significant. You see, my nephew has just moved here, and I'm considering enrolling him in Nightshade," Natasha explained.

The headteacher glanced at me for a moment and then continued, "Lady Natasha, as you may know, we accept only the best—"

"Don't worry about that. He's a topper, and I'm sure he won't disappoint you, Mr. Bruce," Natasha reassured him.

After a few moments of discussion, which I found less engaging, I was successfully enrolled in Nightshade Academy.

5