Karma
133 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Almost immediately after closing my eyes and dying on the street, the world around me changed.

I was no longer in the street with my guts hanging out, but instead I seemed to be floating in space with stars all around me and earth right below me. I felt weightless as if I had no body, but even without eyes I could see around myself. It was the only sense I seemed to retain after dying.

My 'eyes' traveled to the only other being in the vastness of space that I could see. It was not a man, not a woman, and not a buddha either. It looked like your typical grey alien. Id be scared typically, but for whatever reason I was emotionless.As if it sensed my gaze upon it, the grey alien looked my way with it's huge black eyes before it spoke. "The boy you saved is destined to be a great man that saves countless people from starvation later in life with his scientific research in agriculture. You did a good thing."

The grey alien seemed to have telepathy and spoke to me with it instead of It's tiny mouth slit that had not moved an inch as it spoke. "W-where am it? What is this place?" I said back, but I also spoke without my mouth.

The grey pointed towards me and an orange transparent display popped up in front of me. "By saving that boy, you share his karma and now have the option to reincarnate with a few perks. That display in front of you will let you spend your karma in the form of lottery. You have enough karma for 3 spins. I will give you some time to explore it before explaining how things work and sending you on your way"

After hearing the grey alien speak, I focused on the orange transparent screen in front of me. It had 3 different lottos with different labels on each. I focused on the 'world' lotto and as if I had raised my hand and pulled down a lever, it started flashing and spinning.

I saw many worlds flash by as it spun around. Most of them I did not know of, but some were ones that I did, but they all seemed to have one thing in common and that is they were all related to the DC universe. It didn't take long for me to realize that whatever world I got was going to be from the dc multiverse. Any one of these worlds would be almost impossible to survive in. This is what I get for having good karma?

Eventually the lotto on the screen in front of me stopped spinning and flashing and came to a stop. EARTH 12 Otherwise known as the DCAU. Home of static shock, teen titans, and all the typical heroes in the justice league. I personally would have preferred earth 11, earth 0, or earth 2, but It could have been worse and I could have gotten a world where all the heroes were evil, dead lanterns, or even their bizzaro counterparts. Maybe getting Earth 12 is lucky, even if it isn't my first pick.

Now it was time for my second spin. This time I focused on the lotto labeled 'Character' and once again it started to spin. I saw many types of characters flash by. I saw Mega Man, Naruto, Link from Zelda, Blade the vampire, Wolverine, Luffy, All Might, and even some girl characters from other works of fiction. All of those flashed by until it finally landed on Prince Vegeta.

Again, not my first choice, but it's not a bad body to have in the dc universe. I can always get a hair transplant and wear shoes that make me seem taller.

Lastly I looked at the last lotto labeled 'system' and it began to spin. This lotto only flashed by 3 different systems. The 3 choices were the pet system, the celebrity system, and the hero system. It shuffled through the 3 a few times before stopping.

The Hero System sounded the best, but considering I was a failed actor in my last life, the celebrity system did peak my interest as well. The only one I was sure I didn't want was the pet system.

Luckily I didn't get the pet system and I ended up getting the celebrity system which was my second pick. After thinking about it a bit I finally looked towards the grey alien and spoke up. "I've spent my karma, what now?"

The Grey Alien spoke inside my head again. "Now it's time for you to go, to access your system, you only need to think 'system' inside your head and it will pop up. You can also access your status through your system in the same manner. Now go enjoy your new life."

Right after the grey alien told me to enjoy my new life, he turned away from me and I was suddenly in a physical body again on earth.

Upon arriving, before inspecting myself or my surroundings, I quickly thought 'System'.

-♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦-

Welcome To The Celebrity System!

1 New task available.

Volunteer and help out at the Wayne Orphanage in Gotham for 1 day.

Reward: 100 coins to spend in the system shop.

-♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦-

5