Chapter 87: Will Uncle’s Butt Become Half?
102 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Following Sheng Hongye's gaze, Su Ling immediately spotted a familiar little figure.

Wearing overalls, with a crew cut, a colorful little scarf tied around the head, and a pair of black-and-white travel shoes on the feet.

The little figure lay quietly in the middle of the ruins, holding a brightly colored Rubik's cube in his right hand.

This little person was none other than Sheng Hongye's nephew, Gu Kai Xuan!

Su Ling immediately ran forward, and Sheng Hongye had already reached the child's side.

He reached out and lifted Gu Kai Xuan up.

Watching Sheng Hongye pressed his finger against Gu Kai Xuan's neck artery, Su Ling's breathing tightened.

"How is he?" she asked anxiously.

After what seemed like half a minute, Sheng Hongye finally let go.

His gloomy expression had visibly eased.

"He should be fine, just fainted."

As he spoke, a silver-white light emanated from his well-defined large hand.

Su Ling was somewhat taken aback. "You..."

Sheng Hongye didn't conceal it and straightforwardly said, "Healing ability."

Su Ling widened her eyes in surprise and looked at Sheng Hongye.

"You, you can also heal?"

Sheng Hongye nodded, his voice deep. "I've just learned it recently."

Before Su Ling could ask further, Gu Kai Xuan had already opened his eyes.

He turned his dark eyes and looked at Sheng Hongye, then widened them in astonishment.

"Uncle, it's really you? I finally found you."

Gu Kai Xuan reached out his chubby little hand and hugged Sheng Hongye's neck.

Then he noticed Su Ling standing beside them, and his round little face lit up with more joy.

"Aunt Su, are you really with my uncle?"

Su Ling ruffled his little head and smiled. "Yes, I'm with your uncle. We're stuck here together."

Then she curiously asked, "Baby, how did you end up here? Where are the others?"

Gu Kai Xuan was momentarily stunned, then in a milky voice, he said, "The front door of the house was blown away by the wind, but luckily we all hid very well. Everyone is still in the storage warehouse. Unfortunately, a lot of the food was blown away, and Grandpa Bai is crying because of it."

Sheng Hongye immediately put Gu Kai Xuan down and squatted in front of him, asking, "Is all the food gone? Since everyone is in the warehouse, how did you come here, and who brought you here?"

Gu Kai Xuan thought for a moment and said, "A lot of the food got blown away, a big pile was blown away. No one brought me here, I don't know how I got here."

Gu Kai Xuan thought hard and said, "Because I really missed uncle, I desperately wanted to see him, and then everything went black. When I opened my eyes again, I saw uncle and Aunt Su."

Sheng Hongye's pupils contracted. "Are you saying that because you wanted to see me so much, you woke up here?"

Gu Kai Xuan nodded vigorously.

"Yes, that's right."

Sheng Hongye couldn't help but glance at Su Ling.

The two almost simultaneously thought of one thing: Gu Kai Xuan had acquired some kind of teleportation ability.

"Are you sure no one else brought you here?" Sheng Hongye asked again.

Gu Kai Xuan looked a bit wronged and pouted. "I just really miss uncle, and everyone was busy hiding from the strange wind. No one brought me here."

Su Ling reached out and hugged Gu Kai Xuan, her voice gentle. "You're amazing, little one. You found your uncle in no time."

Gu Kai Xuan immediately hugged Su Ling's neck happily. "Yeah, Aunt Su, where is this place?"

Su Ling smiled and said, "It's a city. We'll be able to go back soon."

Suddenly, Sheng Hongye said, "Kai Xuan, hold my hand and Aunt Su's hand tightly, then try to think about Grandpa Bai. Let's see if we can find him."

Gu Kai Xuan nodded. "Okay."

He held Sheng Hongye and Su Ling's hands, and after a while, he opened his eyes and found that the three of them were still there. Feeling a bit discouraged, he pouted and said, "Why didn't it work?"

Su Ling understood what Sheng Hongye had in mind – he wanted Gu Kai Xuan to teleport them back.

But clearly, that approach didn't work.

Su Ling sighed. "Never mind, let's continue looking for supplies. This city is huge; there must be some intact cars left. After all, there are still many areas we haven't explored."

Then she looked at Gu Kai Xuan and asked, "Baby, have you eaten?"

Gu Kai Xuan nodded. "Yes, Auntie made some rice porridge and canned food. Grandpa Bai said we should eat sparingly as there's not much food left, so we had porridge."

Su Ling sighed with relief. "Thank goodness everyone is safe."

However, Sheng Hongye frowned. "There's no food in the storage warehouse here. I wonder if it was taken away by someone or something else happened. If the food in Lizhou is also running low, survival might become even more challenging."

Su Ling agreed. "You're right. I suspect there might be others in this place besides us, or some other potential danger. We better leave here quickly."

Sheng Hongye fully agreed with Su Ling's suggestion. They needed to find a car first, and to avoid tiring out the child, Sheng Hongye decided to go out and search on his own while Su Ling stayed with Gu Kai Xuan and the supplies.

Su Ling carefully considered the situation and agreed.

With Sheng Hongye's own strength and healing abilities, he should be fine. This greatly increased their chances of survival.

"Alright, just be careful," Su Ling said as she picked up Gu Kai Xuan and brought him back to the base.

Old Jin was still lying on the grave, and when he saw Su Ling, he wagged his tail happily.

Seeing the beautiful Golden Retriever, Gu Kai Xuan ran towards it joyfully.

Su Ling was taken aback and quickly said, "Old Jin, be good, don't bite the little boy."

Old Jin seemed to understand Su Ling's words and allowed Gu Kai Xuan to hold its fluffy neck.

Su Ling squatted beside them. "Do you like dogs?"

Gu Kai Xuan nodded and said, "Yes, puppies are so cute. Why wouldn't I like them?"

Su Ling smiled and commented, "But it seems like your uncle doesn't like dogs."

Gu Kai Xuan seemed puzzled, blinked his big dark eyes, and looked at Su Ling. "Why? Puppies are adorable."

He pondered for a moment and asked, "Is it because uncle was bitten by a puppy when he was little? I think I heard grandma say that a puppy bit uncle's butt. Aunt Su, will Uncle's butt become half if that happens?"

Su Ling burst into laughter.

The way kids think is truly beyond comprehension, and she wondered how Sheng Hongye would react if he heard this.

Gu Kai Xuan looked at Su Ling with a puzzled expression and asked softly, "Aunt Su, what are you laughing at?"

 

For more chapters, you can read them here.

1