Chapter 91: The Decisive Killing of Shen Laohe
104 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the underground passage, a group of over a dozen people were drinking when they heard footsteps. The man in the middle cursed.

"Damn it, another fearless one has come. Fatty Li, go deal with it."

The speaker, a man in his thirties or forties, had a wicked face and shifty eyes. He was none other than Shen Laohe, the leader of the Zhongxing community who had abandoned Wei Zixuan and Su Rou and fled alone.

He left in a hurry that day and traveled all the way to Luocheng. Relying on his experience in Lizhou, he frantically gathered supplies in Luocheng and found this abandoned underground passage as his hiding place. Later, he selected a few capable survivors to form a new team.

In Luocheng, he was like a kingpin, thanks to his ruthless methods and the shotgun in his hand, he had killed several surviving individuals.

Now, upon hearing someone entering the underground passage, his eyes turned malicious.

But little did he expect that the visitor would be his archenemy, Sheng Hongye.

Fatty Li grunted and walked toward the entrance of the underground passage.

As a lightning-based ability user, he was quite useful in the team. He had blocked several zombie tides, and now his position was on par with Shen Laohe, making him quite formidable.

He stepped out of the underground passage and immediately saw a tall man.

The man's height was nearly two meters, with eyes as sharp as knives, exuding a majestic aura that made Fatty Li shiver.

Fatty Li glanced behind the man and saw no one else, which relieved him.

He sneered, "This place doesn't welcome strangers. Get lost quickly!"

Sheng Hongye glanced at him indifferently and asked in a calm voice, "Is there food and water?"

Seeing this kid acting so insolent, Fatty Li spat again.

"Don't you understand human language? So what if there is? You're not getting any. Now get the hell out of here."

Sheng Hongye raised an eyebrow. A short meatball was daring to be so arrogant.

"Ability user?" he asked.

Fatty Li immediately flew into a rage. "You're f*cking asking for death!"

As he finished speaking, he extended his right hand, unleashing a dazzling electric arc.

The moment Sheng Hongye saw him, he anticipated what would happen next.

He dodged Fatty Li's electric arc with a swift movement and deftly circled behind him.

"The one who's asking for death is you."

A cold voice echoed from behind, and Fatty Li felt a sharp pain in his neck. Startled, he turned his head.

How could this person be so fast that he could avoid his lightning?

Was he even human?

Before he could figure it out, he heard a crisp sound of bones cracking, and he instantly lost consciousness.

Sheng Hongye looked down at the fallen man with disdain. If he wanted to engage in close combat, even if Fatty Li had been born a hundred years earlier, he still wouldn't be a match for him.

Then, he bent down and placed his hand on the fat man's back.

His right hand swelled slightly, and his mind gained something new again.

With a smirk, he continued his stride toward the underground passage.

Shen Laohe assumed it was Fatty Li returning and grumbled, "Took you long enough. It shouldn't have taken over ten minutes to handle one person. Hurry up and join us for a drink."

As he finished speaking, another person appeared at the doorway.

Shen Laohe looked up and was startled.

He turned around, grabbed the shotgun and said in shock, "It's you."

Sheng Hongye hadn't expected to encounter Shen Laohe in Luocheng.

A faint smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. "Ah, an old acquaintance."

Shen Laohe raised his shotgun, and the others followed suit.

Sheng Hongye stood casually at the doorway, his handsome face calm and fearless. His thin lips curved into a slight smile.

It was as if he was not the one surrounded by Shen Laohe and his men, but the other way around.

"I only need some food and water. Hand them over, and I'll leave immediately. If not, things might turn unpleasant."

Though Shen Laohe was aware of Sheng Hongye's abilities, a glimmer of hope lingered in his heart.

He always believed that Sheng Hongye relied on those bodyguards in camouflage attire. Now, he is only one person, no matter how powerful, he can't handle them all.

Especially when they were a group of over a dozen people.

With a cold sneer, Shen Laohe said, "Just you alone, you dare to threaten me?"

Sheng Hongye took a nonchalant step forward and replied, "Dealing with all of you, I'm more than enough."

Unable to restrain himself, a hothead swung a punch at Sheng Hongye's nose.

"Who the hell are you? Trying to act tough in front of Brother Shen."

Sheng Hongye stood motionless until the person's fist was inches away from his nose. In a flash, he grabbed the person's wrist and twisted it hard. The person let out a piercing scream, sounding like a pig in distress.

Seeing their comrade in pain, the others rushed forward.

Among them were individuals with fire-based ability and water-based ability. However, the narrow confines of the underground passage and the sheer number of people made using their abilities impractical. They had no choice but to resort to hand-to-hand combat.

Sheng Hongye's favorite was close combat, and after a few grunts, three or four people lay permanently on the ground.

Seeing Sheng Hongye's prowess, the others activated their abilities. A large rock fell from the sky, slamming fiercely into Sheng Hongye. Then a burst of flames erupted, scorching his face.

Shen Laohe also pulled back the gun's bolt and fired a lead bullet at him.

In a flash, Sheng Hongye leaped up, grabbing onto the massive steel frame at the top of the underground passage, evading the attacks of the three individuals. Then, he dove down, landing a punch on Shen Laohe.

Shen Laohe hurriedly retreated, but Sheng Hongye was faster. His fist landed on Shen Laohe's nose, causing him to scream in pain and stumble to the ground.

Sheng Hongye hooked his foot around Shen Laohe's shotgun, and with two crisp sounds, he expertly loaded bullets into the chamber, pointing the gun directly at Shen Laohe's forehead.

"I said I only wanted food and water. Since you disagree, I don't mind taking lives too."

Sweat broke out on Shen Laohe's face, and he raised both hands, saying, "Master Sheng, it was my mistake. Take whatever you want, everything is in the underground passage."

Sheng Hongye's mouth curved into a smile, tinged with a hint of cruelty.

"It's too late."

Before the words even finished, the gun had already fired.

A spray of blood burst forth, and Shen Laohe had breathed his last.

The others were instantly petrified. Even those with abilities forgot to use them, and someone knelt before Sheng Hongye.

"Don't kill us. We were all forced by Shen Laohe."

Seeing this, the rest also knelt down, begging Sheng Hongye to spare their lives.

Sheng Hongye wasn't bloodthirsty, and if not for the slight grudges between him and Shen Laohe, he wouldn't have acted.

Glancing at the group, he calmly said, "I'll be staying here for a few days. Once I leave, the food and water here will still be yours."

Having said that, he walked away from the underground passage without looking back.

 

For more chapters, you can read them here.

1