Prologue
54 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When humanity was created by the God of All, they were created in his image. As such they carried a reflection of his infinite power. Their physique which could even resist a black hole and come out of a planetary collision unscathed. Their might which could shatter planets. Their agility exceeded the speed of light. Their minds were so powerful they developed psychic abilities. Their eyes could see through all, even time. They had innate control over laws, matter, energy, and even life. Their endless lifespan and their ability to create from seemingly nothing. All of this made them nearly invincible. So when they turned their eyes toward the stars and eventually other dimensions, nothing could stop them.

However, we rose up. Dragons, Elves, and Sidhe together we caught humanity unawares and banished them to Earth. Now we stand on the dawning of a new age as we weave together the final spell to seal humanity's divinity.

I Ella Van' Willowood stood with the elves, dragons, and sidhe weaving that final spell. Through the corner of my eyes, I could see billions of our collective forces being slain by humanity. With my ears I heard explosions, the ripping, and tearing flesh, the shrill screams of the fallen, and countless unimaginable sounds. Then just as a massive swath was carved out of our spell weavers it was complete. I released my hands from the weave and flew back, watching the weave snap into place around Earth. The second Sun of the system dimmed and then vanished as it was drawn into the massive spell weave. I watched as humanity fell from the sky down to Earth. I watched as all record and memory of humanity's history was destroyed. Finally, we had done it, finally, we had overthrown our divine overlords.

After the war was won we descended to the Earth and became humanity's watchers under the guise of their new gods. I assumed the role of Artemis of the Greek Pantheon. However, as the millennia passed the God of All who had turned a blind eye to humanity's conquest grew increasingly more active on Earth accruing a multitude of worshippers.

Meanwhile, my peers grew increasingly arrogant and jaded. Even now with but a sliver of our worshippers still worshipping us, they are still arrogant and prideful. Furthermore, with humanity's new numbers in the billions and their technology growing ever more advanced, I grow wary. Their collective creativity creates countless fictions and their billions of minds focusing on them, are causing the divinity to leak into the void, spawning a multitude of demiplanes. This in itself has caused the local space to weaken and fluctuate. It's only a matter of time before humanity is once again unleashed upon us.

I brought this to Zeus and my peers but was met with laughter and empty assurances. So I went to other pantheons and met quietly with like-minded individuals. We have decided to work together to monitor humanity more closely and brainstorm for a solution. However, things look bleak. I have already set up a demiplane for myself to escape to in the Pegasus galaxy.

0