Chapter 123 – Lava Pit
213 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's talk a bit about the early ranks of the elemental affinity cultivation and their differences," Professor Melia said before continuing.

"In the Mortal Realm, the standard for a cultivator worthy of this title is to reach the first rank of elemental affinity cultivation, Elemental Perception. Once the second rank, Elemental Core, is attained, a cultivator is considered talented, and if they reach the pinnacle of the second stage, they can be regarded as a genius," she paused for a moment, and her eyes glanced at Elseria.

"For those who reach the third rank, Elemental Conducting, they are recognized as exceptional geniuses. The only exceptions to this rule are certain races with an inherently high affinity to an element, such as fairies who are born with an Elemental Core already formed in their spiritual world.

At the rank of Elemental Perception, a cultivator can see, sense, and attract elemental particles in the atmosphere, allowing it to create elemental attacks even if the cultivator does not possess an element-related ability."

A hand suddenly rose among the students.

"Yes?" said Professor Melia.

Being allowed to speak, the student stood up and asked, "If everyone can cultivate elemental affinity and use elemental attacks, aren't those with elemental abilities at a disadvantage?"

"No. There is a big difference between using an elemental ability and using your affinity to create an elemental attack. Although the two may look similar, one ability will be more powerful and cost less crystal essence.

If a cultivator's ability allows it, for example, to create a fire sword, it will always be more powerful than any attack it could form directly with its elemental affinity, even if its affinity allows it more freedom in the forms it can create.

Those who also possess this kind of elemental ability are more likely to have a talent for elemental affinity cultivation, making their progress smoother than others."

The student nodded and sat back down while Professor Melia resumed her lesson.

"The Elemental Core rank is a bit different from the others, it serves as a foundation for your future elemental affinity cultivation, just like a crystal tree for your crystal essence cultivation.

Once this rank is reached, a cultivator needs to attract elemental particles within their spiritual world to form an elemental core. Once attracted into the spiritual world, the cultivator must successfully create a vortex with the elemental particles and make them merge together until a core is formed.

It is advisable to go to an area with a high density of elemental particles before breaking through this rank.

Once the Elemental Core rank is completed, a cultivator will be able to use its elemental core instead of the external elemental particles as a personal reserve. Thus allowing you to be less affected in environments where elemental particles of certain elements are scarce and also to reduce the cost of crystal essence."

'Professor Melia said I will reach the second rank soon. Could I reach it today with the time I have in the Lava Pit?' Kieran wondered, taking note of the Professor's explanation.

"The Elemental Conducting rank is simpler than the previous one. At this rank, a cultivator can use the surrounding elements more effectively, allowing it to obtain a greater advantage depending on the terrain on which it fights. Once this rank is reached, it's also possible to use an element to strengthen your body or your weapons without suffering damage from your own element."

Professor Melia continued her lesson, and Kieran listened attentively to each of her explanations.

The morning passed quickly and he left the class with Elseria.

"Are you going to train again today?" asked Elseria.

"Yes, but I have to go to the fire elemental training ground first," Kieran paused for a moment to check the time before looking at Elseria, "I'll have to go. I won't be able to eat with you."

"It doesn't matter. I'm used to eating alone."

"You don't have to. You can join Ryan if you want. I'll let him know you're coming."

"Wai…"

Before Elseria could stop him, Kieran had already called Ryan to let him know she was going to join him in the cafeteria.

'Why is he doing this? I'm fine staying alone...' she thought.

"It's settled. See you later then," said Kieran, walking away before turning back, scratching the back of his head, "Can you... Can you give me your contact? It will be easier to meet up later."

Elseria nodded and pressed her bracelet before making several gestures with her hand. Her delicate fingers seemed to tap on an invisible keyboard, and the next moment, an add contact screen appeared in front of Kieran, which he accepted without hesitation.

"See you later!" he said.

Elseria watched him leave before heading towards the cafeteria to join Ryan.

***

Several hundreds kilometers from Ostrion, within an active volcano surrounded by arrays formation, a circle of inscriptions shone, and the figure of Kieran appeared above it.

Kieran, who had to borrow a transmission formation array in the academy to go to the special training ground, the Lava Pit, felt a wave of stifling heat fall on him. His lungs felt like they were burning with every breath he took.

"Are you Kieran Arvost?" asked a middle-aged man near the inscriptions circle.

The middle-aged man was lying on a deck chair with a fan in his hand, dressed in an open white shirt and black shorts. He had black hair and eyes and an unkempt beard. He seemed to be on vacation despite lava flowing only a few meters from him.

"Ah. Yes, it's me," Kieran replied as he was surprised by the middle-aged man's appearance.

The man stood up from his deck chair barefoot and moved closer to Kieran, "I'm the manager of the Lava Pit. You can call me Gallus."

Kieran nodded unconsciously as he stared at the man, whose head was a head taller than his.

"According to the inscription, you have one free hour. What level of the Lava Pit do you want to use?" asked Gallus.

Kieran frowned, 'Which level can I use?'

"Don't you know what level you want to use?" Gallus asked, seeing him thinking.

"I don’t know the differences between the levels or how far I can go."

Gallus suddenly moved his right hand towards Kieran's head, who quickly reacted by stepping back. However, no matter how much he tried to escape, Gallus' hand appeared on his head.

"You have good reflexes. Let me check how resistant your body is."

Kieran didn't have time to respond when an intense heat invaded his body. He felt like his whole body was burning under this heat. His vision began to blur, but before he fell unconscious, Gallus removed his hand from his head.

"Well, you're not too bad for a Silver rank. You should be able to survive the second level. Follow me," said Gallus.

Still stunned by the situation, Kieran followed him without saying a word.

The two soon arrived in front of a pool of glowing lava surrounded by pillars. Gallus made several seals with his hands, and inscriptions appeared on each pillar. The glowing light coming from the lava pool seemed to dim in intensity.

"It's done. Have a nice bath, kid," said Gallus with a smile before leaving.

Kieran stared at the pool before him, unsure what to do. He had browsed the academy forums to find out what to expect before coming here and what he should do to take advantage of the Lava Pit, but the heat coming from the lava pool made him hesitate.

Several students had been injured while trying to use the Lava Pit. Simply staying on the edge of the lava pool was not enough. To fully harness its functions, one had to immerse oneself inside while circulating one's crystal essence through meditation or by executing movements.

The lava pool was full of fire elemental particles, which increased its temperature several times. Those who came here all had an affinity with the fire element, but despite that, some could not avoid being seriously injured while trying to make the most of the Lava Pit.

"Will I survive if I go in there?"

"Are you afraid of a small lava pool?" Runihoril asked provocatively in his mind.

Since Luna had met Elseria, she had calmed down and no longer tried to leave Kieran's spiritual world, allowing Runihoril to be able to see the outside world again.

"As if!"

Kieran calmed himself and took off his clothes. He covered his body with crystal essence before entering the lava pool.

"Hot!"

He felt like his legs were burning. His crystal essence protected him, yet he felt immense pain invading him.

Taking a deep breath, he gritted his teeth and submerged his entire body in the lava.

Forcing himself to forget the pain, he sat cross-legged and began cultivating by drawing a thread of the crystal essence orb into his spiritual world.

Runihoril smiled at the sight, his eyes moved to focus on the lava pool, 'I thought he needed weeks, but with the amount of fire elemental particles here, he might be able to do it today.'

Slowly, the elemental particles of fire that were in the pool of lava were attracted toward Kieran little by little. Soon, the area around him was filled with an intense red light.

He suddenly felt like a flame appeared in his mind. The feeling was strange and subtle, but it was as if something had changed deep inside him.

He unconsciously used part of his crystal essence and drew a fire elemental particle the size of a fingernail into his body, but the moment it entered his body, it was as if lava had flowed into his veins.

Quickly rotating the Heavenly Sun Body across his body, he manipulated his crystal essence to protect the inside of his body, which was now threatened to be reduced to ashes by the elemental fire particle.

Outside molten lava and inside an elemental particle of fire, all Kieran could feel at that moment was pain and an immeasurable heat trying to destroy him.

I wrote in chapter 100 that for this second volume, there was a high chance that I couldn't follow the release of three chapters per week.
Sadly, the release chapter has almost reached the chapter I'm currently writing.

There will be chapters for the next week, but after that, the possibility of the release rate being slow is high.

I'm sorry about that, and I will try to write more, but I can't say there will be three chapters each week after the next week.

6