13 โ€“ Ailwin, The Mage
601 9 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting across from Ailwin, we stared into each other's eyes, sitting in silence.

He brought a chair down to the Cavern due to spending most of his time there, and now while he was sitting down, I was crouched down in front of him, claw swiping into the ground forming words.

"What is your full name?" I asked.

"My full name is Ailwin Ianrona," He answered.

Swiping at the dirt to make it flat and clear, I asked, "No middle name?"

He looked bewildered, "What's a middle name?"

"A middle name is another identifier for a person when there are too many people with the same name," I answered.

"Oh...well I haven't heard of anyone with the same name as me."

"What Era do you originate from?" I asked, concerned.

"Era? Do you know about my world, Spirit?" Ailwin asked, confused.

"I know a lot of things, more than you could possibly fathom, some of that knowledge includes your world and its history," I explained, trying to be vague.

"Well, I am from the third Era, to be precise, the Year 430 of the third Era," He informed me.

"Ah, I see, You are lucky then, you died a few years before the Oblivion Crisis," I commented.

"I'm sorry, the Oblivion Crisis?" He asked, worried.

"Right, turns out that in the year 433 of the Third Era, the Mythic Dawn assassinated Uriel Septim the Seventh, and Mehrunes Dagon decided to invade Nirn, opening Oblivion Gates across the land and invading with his armies," I explained.

He dramatically jumped from his chair and shouted, "What?! Dagon invaded Tamriel?! The Daedric Prince of Destruction, Ambition, and Disasters?!"

"Relax, the hero of Kvatch took care of it, Dagon was defeated, and the oblivion gates were closed," I explained.

"Who?" He asked, confused.

"Don't worry about it, let's move on, What schools of Magic are you trained in? And what's your rank in those schools?" I asked, moving on from the topic after letting him think in silence for a few minutes.

"You're really going to skip over the invasion...fine...I am an expert in Mysticism and restoration, and I am a Journeyman in Alteration and Destruction, I am at the level of an apprentice for Conjuration and Illusion."

"Would you be capable of teaching others Magic?" I asked the crucial question.

"I would, but I am no teacher, so I wouldn't be any good at it. Not to mention the Magicka in the air is really thin in this world, so it would take longer for anyone I teach to become a Mage, let alone a competent mage at that..." He spoke, his hand on his chin while in thought.

"And the spells you know?" I asked.

"Do you want me to list them? I'm afraid I know quite a few..." He drew on.

I waved him off, "Forget it, just give me a rundown on what your spells are meant to do."

"Well...my spells in regards to Mysticism are meant for tracking, detection, and utility, such as Telkenisis, Absorb, or dispelling magic and enchantment. As for Restoration, It's well...mostly spells in regards to healing objects and people, with some mixed schooled spells such as Repel Undead and Sun Fire, Alteration is simply for defense, while my spells for the school of Destruction are more for combat and utility. The spells I have for the other two schools, Conjuration and Illusion, are mostly spells that Novices know. For conjuration, I have the simple summoning and Illusion spells that will help influence my mind or someone else's."

"I see...so your spells range from Combat, Defense, and Utility?" I asked.

"Sounds about right," He answered.

"That's good...I guess it's time I told you about the situation this world was in," I wrote on the ground.

"What do you mean?" He asked, concerned.

"Well, you've been outside, and have seen the Mojave Wasteland, Believe it or not, most of the world has been purged by Nuclear Fire, massive bombs that killed countless people and left the environments they were detonated in destroyed so irradiated, that no life could survive in it.

This Radiation killed most of humanity, and nearly all life in this world.

The few that are left mutated to adapt to the environment, or were abominations created by humanity Before or after the bombs fell.

What's left is a shadow of what was," I explained.

As I continued to explain the horrifying situation we were all in, they quickly realized just how much danger we were in.

Of course, I added the Myconoids into this conversation, and they were aghast that most of the life on the planet was dead or changed by the radiation.

As I explained this situation happening in this world, I told them what we were up against, the Brotherhood of Steel, The Insitute, the Enclave, the countless raiders that roam the wasteland, Deathclaws, Radscorpians, There exist countless threats that could take us out.

I refrained from telling them my current goals and plans, and I will continue refraining until I know they are loyal.

Once again, right now I am weak, and I can't afford them to betray me.

While I don't trust the system, it does not mean I won't use it.

Speaking of which, I was slowly farming EXP, which I got from slaying creatures and quests, as far as I can tell.

I got a single point of EXP for every wasteland creature I killed, and with the hunts I've been doing in Zion Valley to gift the two tribes, I was sitting at 28 of 100 EXP since I had killed a grand total of twenty-eight creatures, I could only assume I'd get a single point of EXP per kill.

I had no idea what I would get after I Leveled up, but I hoped it would be good or useful in some way.

Would I get new abilities? More draws? Energy? I didn't know.

So, I would continue hunting at night, and hopefully, in a week or two, I'd level up.

Soon the sun fell and night arose, meaning I could continue my duties while the Mycnoids and the Elf slept.

Tonight I'd be multitasking and controlling two different Spore Carriers at a time.

One would continue excavating at the Y-0 Research Facility, while the other would begin digging away at the cavern.

For every bit of dirt I dug up, I had to transfer the dirt and soil outside of the vault to prevent more space from being taken up.

I was slowly covering the rough and dry dirt outside the Vault with the healthy yet dry soil I got from the Cavern, I should be able to grow plants on the dirt in the future once I had the seeds and water to do so, that is.

Meanwhile, the other Carrier that I was controlling was shifting and dragging the rubble away from the building and piling it all up nearby. I also managed to carry away the Terminal back to the Gardens where I've begun writing notes, creating a new page under the old pages going over the Sierra Madre Casiona, the Matter Recombinator, and Sinclair.

It would take a while, but I was already a good bit through the rubble that was blocking the doors of the Y-0 Facility and figured I'd reach them after a couple of more nights.

Once it hits morning, I'd plant more Grass seeds and another Spore Plant, and once I am ready, I will meet with Julie Farkas.

If all goes well, I'll be a supplier for the Followers of the Apocalypse, and if I played my cards right, I'd be able to eventually meet Arcade Gannon and perhaps speak with the other Remnants.

But for now, I had to focus on the task at hand.

24