CHAPTER 1 -THE WORLD OF PANDEMONIUM
559 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Gasp*

 

“Thank God, I thought I was a goner.”

 

*System warning!*

 

 -You have been revived, please select a new name.-

 

…..

 

[Welcome to the world of Pandemonium Bliss Bloodborne]

 

Bliss awoke in a poorly lit cavern with a roaring headache. 

 

After flashing his head and catching his bearings Bliss looked at his hand and his new body. He was naked and his body seemed much more… underdeveloped than what he was used to seeing.

 

‘... who am I?’

 

Bliss thought then a virtual screen popped up inside his head.

 

***

Name: Bliss Bloodborne

Race: Dungeon Beast (young)

Level: 1

Experience: 0/50

Hp: 20/20

Mana: 30/30

Skill Points:10/10

Strength: 5

Speed: 5

Dexterity: 10

Intelligence: 20

 

Skills

[Self assurance level 1 Rank 1]

[Skill crook - level 1 Rank 1]

[Minor Space magic - level 1 Rank 1]

 

Hidden Skill

[Keen eye - level 1 Rank 1]

 

Skill Description 

 

[Self Assurance - level 1 rank 1]

- By believing in yourself you can find the power within.

One stat increases between +5 to +10 .

 

[Skill Crook - level 1 rank 1]

- 20% Chance to copy 1 random skill from a defeated enemy (max 1), skill will revert to its lowest level.

Intel +5.

 

[Minor space magic - level 1 rank 1]

- Minor space manipulation. Currently limited to self teleportation 2 meters, cost 10 mana.

- mana +10.

 

Hidden skill

[keen eye - level 1 rank 1]

- able to discern basic information of common objects/creatures.

- intel +5.

 

***

Bliss combed through the status screen. He had played his fair share of RPG games so this screen was not much of a surprise. 

 

Although the progress of life had forced him to become more adult-like and blend into the world as a therapist, truth be told he was always an otaku at heart.

 

First thing he wanted to do was to get an idea of what this new body could do. 

 

Bliss looked around the cave until he found a decently sized rock. He tried to lift the rock and after a long strain he finally lifted it a few inches off the ground. The rock was simply too heavy. 

 

With a thought Bliss’s hand was enveloped by a white energy which invigorated him. Bliss tried to lift the same rock again. This time he lifted the rock with a lot less effort.

Bliss brought up his status screen once more and noticed that his strength had increased by 3 points while his skill points were depleting by the second. 

 

When Bliss placed the rock down his skill points had depleted to zero. Originally he thought that having zero skill points would leave him tired but apart from the slight mental fatigue he felt completely normal. 

 

Next Bliss tried his space magic, and almost instantly was teleported to the other side of the cave.

The brief period between existing and not existing on the plain felt like a moment of death where only his soul was alive.

 

After the third teleportation Bliss arrived at the back of the cave, where he saw a bright blue crystal radiating energy. Bliss wanted to touch the crystal but instead collapsed in exhaustion in front of the crystal. 

 

In his exhausted state Bliss tried to use his keen eye skill to understand the crystal.

 

***

Name: Dungeon’s Heart (Level 30)

Energy: 1000/20000

Status: weakened

 

Description: The heart of a dungeon. Contains massive amounts of energy and is the birth origin of all living creatures within the dungeon. 

This crystal has just given birth.

***

 

Bliss felt tired and before he knew it himself he had fallen asleep on the floor of the cave.

 

Bliss was jolted awake by an intense heat. Bliss found himself over a fire on the verge of being roasted.

 

Looking around quickly Bliss tried to appraise the situation and noticed a group of green creatures less than half his size, which was already quite small himself.

 

The green creatures were shaped like malnutritioned children, their heads slightly bigger than average. They were only covered in a loin cloth that covered up their nether regions. 

 

***

Name: -

Race: Goblin

Level: 4

Hp: 10/10

Mana: -

Skill Points:5/5

Strength: 4

Speed: 5

Dexterity: 2

Intelligence: 2

 

Skills

[Theft]

[Blunt weapon novice]

[Greedy eyes]

***

Bliss counted roughly fifteen goblins, as the fire climbed closer and closer to his skin he could see the greed in their eyes shimmer. 

 

The goblins all made strange noises of joy and danced in a circle seemingly to be celebrating there soon to be feast. 

 

*Teleport*

 

Bliss landed in the crowd of dancing goblins.

 

The cheerful and greedy eyes suddenly filled with confusion as the dinner they had been celebrating disappeared. Looking around in confusion they eventually locked eyes with the youngling still squirming on  the floor.

 

Their eyes filled with a red gleam as they drew their shabby wooden spears and clubs. 

 

Bliss realizing the change in atmosphere and seeing the goblins trying to encircle him teleported again. This time he landed directly above the head of a goblin holding a wooden spear in his hand. 

 

Looking at the collapsed goblin Bliss took his spear and swung it at the crowd of goblins trying to keep them off while he retreated.

 

The goblins seemed possessed and unafraid of death, they jumped at Bliss with their spears and clubs.

 

Bliss closed his eyes and swung his spear at the mob of goblins.

[Goblin slain +15 exp]

[First kill +50 exp]

[Congratulations! You have level up]

[Goblin slain +10 exp]

[Goblin slain +10 exp]

[Goblin slain +10 exp]

 

Bliss had killed four of the goblins during his wild swings but he was covered in bruises and wounds as the mob continued to stab and strike him with their wooden weapons.

 

Bliss tried to protect himself but the attacks were unending. To add to the chaos Bliss could see more goblins coming from out of the forest to join the brawl.

 

Bliss knew he was almost out of mana and that one more teleportation would leave him exhausted and unable to move, so he had no choice but to face them head on and force his way through them to escape.

 

Bliss, who was already on one knee, gathered himself and gripped his wooden spear as he chose a random direction.

 

[Self Assurance Activate - speed +8]

 

Bliss’s feet sparkled in a white hue as energy covered them.

Bliss dashed forward using his spear to clear the way.

 

[Goblin slain +10 exp]

[Goblin slain +10 exp]

[Skill Crook activated]

[Skill ‘Basic weapons Crafter’ obtained]

[Goblin slain +10 exp]

[Congratulations! You have level up]

 

Bliss ran into the forest. He ran until his skill points were depleted and his stamina had failed him. Even after all the running he still teleported himself into a tree just for safe measure.

 

17