CHAPTER 29 – SUFFERING IS INEVITABLE
190 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cassandra stood still in the midst of the eight enraged goblin riders as they stampede towards her. 

 

Her shadow armor gave off an air of superiority as it glistened with a sharp deep black hue. 

 

The first wolf to reach lashed at Cassandra ready to maul her to death but his snout was instantly sliced off as Cassandra climbed up to attack the goblin rider atop the wolf. 

 

The goblin rider seeing Cassandra rushing towards him summoned an earth shield. But Cassandra was unphased as she pushed straight through the shield and thrusted her sword through the shield. 

 

Cassandra still wasn’t done. Instead of drawing her blade back she continued to press through the earth shield stabbing the goblin rider behind. The goblin rider wanted to return and attack but his own shield was in the way. 

 

Stabbing the goblin rider didn’t end her attack. She continued to push down until in one blow she had crushed the goblin rider and his ride under his own earth shield.

 

By the time Cassandra was done the goblin rider was reduced to a blood stain on the battlefield. 

 

If the other goblins weren’t so deep inside their berserk states this would have been where they realized the disparity in strength. Unfortunately rage blinded even their own survival instincts.

 

The goblin riders surrounded Cassandra and attacked her from all sides.  Cassandra jumped up feeling faster than she had ever felt before. In a graceful spine she deflected all the spear attacks in one smooth motion. 

 

Using her height in the air to her advantage Cassandra threw her sword towards another goblin rider who was a part of the encirclement. 

 

The sword covered in a thick layer of darkness energy almost effortlessly pierced the armor of the goblin rider and ran straight through his body only to continue until it impaled the wolf as well. 

 

Seeing Cassandra land unarmed another goblin rider tried to attack her but his head was impaled when her sword came whizzing back into her palm. 

 

The other goblins, seeing how their comrades fell, started to return to a state. 

 

Even the wolf's eyes began to return to normal.

 

The goblins, realizing they didn’t stand a chance, tried to turn their tails and run but then they heard a familiar sound. 

 

“Desolate Slash!”

 

Almost instantaneously the goblin riders were engulfed by a ray of shadows and then removed from existence. 

 

-

 

Meanwhile

 

“Don’t worry young demon, I won’t kill you yet.

 

You have quite the penance to pay you know…”

 

Commander Donald took his time and slowly lifted his sword from Bliss’s chest. 

 

“Don’t worry… I missed your heart.”

 

Donald immediately after retrieving his sword placed it on Bliss’s shoulder and took his time penetrating Bliss. 

 

“Now… I need you to remember the men you killed.”

 

[AAAARGGGHHH!]

 

Bliss screamed in agony as the Commander began his torture. 

 

Bliss had never imagined that he could end up like this. He had thought his power was enough to live comfortably. All he wanted was somewhere he could make comfortable. 

 

But now he learnt the only place he could relax in this world was in a coffin. 

 

Now he learnt… this world was not somewhere he could be lax in. 

 

[SHING!]

 

Commander Donald with a creepy expression ran the sword through Bliss’s ear this time.

 

“I need you to remember the men you killed in their sleep.”

 

[ARRGH!]

 

Bliss screamed in agony wondering if trying to survive was a sin so great to deserve this kind of punishment. 

 

Bliss thought he was blessed to get such an advantage in this world. He thought this was the perfect set up. He had power, authority and was comfortable. 

 

He thought his power was enough to live easily. 

 

Never had he imagined that just his raw talent alone wasn’t enough. After weeks of killing adventurers he thought he was the apex predator. 

 

‘Apex predator my ass…in this world the apex predators are probably the humans themselves..’

 

Bliss inwardly thought as the loss of blood and intense pain brought him in and out of consciousness. 

 

Bliss’s body was in so much pain he could no longer tell how much time had passed.

 

Bliss was jolted awake when a red potion was forced into his mouth. 

 

Instantly Bliss felt a little better like he was brought back from the edge of unconsciousness. 

 

“That’s a standard issue healing potion. I can’t have you dying this early you know…. After all, I do plan to make a wound for every dead soldier before I kill you.”

 

Bliss looked up at Sir Donald with a look of utter defeat. 

 

‘Well I guess this is what I get for dealing with human life like a percentage… I guess I have forgot just what man is capabl-”

 

[ARRRRGGG]

 

Bliss’s thoughts were cut short as Donald’s blade removed his left eye.

 

Bliss was reduced to a pin cushion. Time and time Donald had run his blade through almost every inch of Bliss’s body. 

 

Bliss was bleeding profusely. His vision was gone and his skin had more holes than a block of cheese.

 

Bliss with a teary face and an eyeball less face looked towards Commander Donald and then spoke,

 

“Please… kill… me”

 

Bliss couldn’t take it. In his previous life he had always thought mental pain was the worst form of pain one could cause but now… now he truly understood the pain within a body. 

 

He wanted out… he would do anything for a chance to die. 

 

Bliss looked at the system internally once more. 

 

[Progress 35%]

 

Bliss felt the helplessness intensify another fold. 

 

‘This… really… is the end?’

 

Bliss thought as he felt Donald’s blade slowly thrusting through his stomach. 

 

“Don’t worry, you only have about sixty more wound’s to go.”

 

When Bliss heard this his eyebrows jumped realizing there was a lot more to come. 

 

‘Oh God …someone…any… please … help … me’

 

Bliss whispered under his breath as he tried to find a god to pity him. 

 

Bliss felt his body fall into a deep darkness and felt his body was numb. 

 

A red notification popped up. 

 

[HP 0/3500]

 

Following that a red notification popped up.

 

1
SUPPORT " REBORN FROM THE DUNGEON" AT 

Patron/Brightshadowwork

or 

Donate at Paypal

9