CHAPTER 34 – DO BETTER NEXT TIME
205 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Congratulations! The Dungeon’s Heart has been revived!]

 

[Congratulations! You have gained the title ‘Demonic Dungeon Boss’]

 

[Congratulations! You have gained the authority of a ‘Dungeon Boss]

 

[Warning! The entire dungeon has been corrupted by demonic energy!

 

All creatures created within the dungeon will gain the ‘Demonic’ Attribute]

 

Name: Dungeon’s Heart (Level 50)

Energy: 40000/40000

Status: Fully invigorated (Demonic Corruption)

Souls: 1245/100

 

Description: The heart of a dungeon. Contains massive amounts of energy. This Heart has spent the last 100 years gathering the souls of all those that died within its walls. It is now ripe for birthing. 

 

Exhausted but triumphant, Bliss had gathered the entire demon village to contribute their remaining mana to the revival of the dungeon. The crowd now lay depleted, their eyes fixed on Bliss, a beacon of hope.

 

Surveying both the tired demons and the senior members nearby, Bliss nodded with a profound understanding.

 

Raising the Dungeon’s Heart high, Bliss turned to face the sea of fatigued faces, a symbol of their beleaguered resilience.

 

Focusing on this momentous transformation, Bliss could not help but address them with the spirit of true demons.

 

"You stand at the precipice of a new era, a life reclaimed from despair. This dungeon is a haven for the cultivation of new hopes and dreams, a sanctuary where we rewrite our narrative."

 

As Bliss spoke, he delved into his memories, reshaping the dungeon itself. A quiver of fear surged through the demons as the very foundation trembled.

 

"Bound together, we shall never know hunger again. Unified as one Demonic race under our Demon God, indivisible, and with the freedom to determine our own destiny. It's us against the world."

 

Even as the cavern entrance emanated a blinding brilliance, Bliss continued his proclamation as if the upheaval were inconsequential.

 

"In this very moment, you are reborn. Emerging from the very essence of this Dungeon

 

You are all…

 

Reborn from the Dungeon!"

 

As Bliss's words culminated, the tremors subsided. The outside world bathed in a subdued radiance, the atmosphere tangibly transformed.

 

Stepping out, the demons found themselves transported to an alternate realm. The once somber dungeon had transmuted into a verdant expanse, rich with fruits and blooms.

 

Bliss watched the scene unfold, a sense of satisfaction pervading his being.

Having reconstructed the entire dungeon to closely mirror his prior creation, Bliss had only added an extra twenty floors, now buried beneath dirt and debris.

 

These additional layers would necessitate a fresh design, as he lacked a mental blueprint to draw from.

 

Bliss's focus was broken by the voice of a senior demon.

 

"Great Lord, now we can truly thrive here. Abundant food, flowing water, and every need met."

 

Their eyes glistening with gratitude, some even knelt to kiss his feet, an outpouring of reverence and devotion.

“Don’t thank me yet. Thanks to this we are now all trapped here … we will need to collect souls for our own escape…”

The demons paused, giving Bliss a confused look.

 

Having barely escaped the clutches of death in his previous encounter, Bliss was resolute in adopting a different approach within this dungeon. His prior strategy had revolved around instilling fear to ensure his safety, but he now comprehended the futility of that method. 

 

Instead of repelling danger, it had drawn armies to his doorstep. Thus, this time around, he was determined to embrace an alternative strategy.

 

A chilling encounter with Commander Donald had left a lasting impression on Bliss. After his encounter with Commander Donald, Bliss was terrified of what the other humans were capable of. 

 

The Commander's capabilities had illuminated the true potential of humanity's threats. Consequently, Bliss had made a personal pledge to avoid making enemies of humans unless circumstances forced his hand.

 

Nevertheless, Bliss's commitment to change found itself intertwined with his confinement to the dungeon once more. 

 

The only issue was that now he was bound to the dungeon once again. If he wanted to leave he would have to provide enough souls for himself. 

 

Also not to mention he had promised the senior demons that he would help them escape if they chose to revive the Dungeon’s heart. 

 

Bliss was a man of his word and would not forsake them. Afterall he was Bound by his word, Bliss felt a duty to fulfill his commitment. His pact with their deity had been built on the premise of enhancing the demons' quality of life.

 

The least he could do is provide them the freedom they deserved. 

 

Bliss after internally deciding to live a different life this time around smiled inwardly feeling better now that he would not lower himself to a mindless beast. 

 

Bliss’s internal equilibrium was abruptly shattered as he scrutinized the dungeon once more, his eyes landing on the information displayed.

 

[Name: Dungeon’s Heart (Level 50)

Energy: 40000/40000

Status: Fully invigorated (Demonic Corruption)

Souls: 1245/100

 

Description: The heart of a dungeon. Contains massive amounts of energy. This Heart has spent the last 100 years gathering the souls of all those that died within its walls. It is now ripe for birthing. 

 

[Keen eye activated]

 

[Demonic Corruption]

 

- The Dungeon has inherited the essence and abilities of a demon.

 

- As a living demon, the Dungeon must nourish itself and its inhabitants with fear and distress to evolve and flourish.

 

“Feed on fear and distress?!” 

 

Bliss read the words repeatedly, striving to decipher their implications.

 

"... Diablo, aside from flesh, what sustains demons?" 

 

Bliss posed the question, his brow furrowing.

 

Diablo, one of the senior demons, regarded Bliss with confusion, grappling with the query.

"Are you referring to the essence emitted by other races, the phantoms?"

 

Seeking clarity, Bliss prompted the senior demon to elaborate. 

 

A recollection crossed Diablo's expression as he reminisced about the past.

"When we induced trepidation among other races, they emitted an abundance of that energy. Many demons evolved due to this phenomenon."

 

Diablo's reminiscence elicited a sense of foreboding in Bliss. Intervening, Bliss inquired further, his concern evident. 

 

"Yet, the system did not mention this."

 

Diablo responded with a touch of sarcasm, 

 

"Much like 'breathing,' which the system does not detail, you are capable of it."

 

He continued, addressing Bliss's recent arrival from hell. 

 

“But you were recently summoned from hell, so you might not have gotten a taste yet…”

 

Bliss sensed the weight of his responsibilities deepen, comprehending the grim reality. 

His stomach churned with unease as he arrived at a disheartening realization. 

 

The demons' actions, driven by an insatiable appetite for fear, had likely incited panic and chaos among the other races. 

 

An unsavory conclusion emerged: 

 

‘Now I understand why all the other races hunted down the demons… they must have caused widespread panic and hysteria trying to create an all you can eat buffet.’

 

Bound to this harrowing destiny, Bliss grappled with the understanding that his actions would inevitably transform him into an adversary of humanity.

 

Many characters like Commander Donald would eventually come knocking at his doorstep. 

 

Bliss felt anxiety just remembering the commander much less to imagine having to fight anyone else like him.

 

1

SUPPORT " REBORN FROM THE DUNGEON" AT 

Patron/Brightshadowwork

or 

Donate at Paypal 

9