CHAPTER 42 – BUILDING A TOWN 
76 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bliss stood tall amidst the cavern's shadows, his two opponents gasping for breath before him. Their armor, battered and scorched, reflected the relentless intensity of their struggle. 

 

Both of them wore the plates of gold rank adventurers, they took one more look at the sword of versatility glowing in a golden hue behind Bliss before nodding at each other. 

 

Both adventurers rushed forward, one held a mighty axe that glowed with a bright red aura while the other held two dual swords. 

[Self Assurance Activated]

Bliss met their charge head-on, his stance unwavering as he deflected a flurry of strikes with his sword. Each clash reverberated through the cavern, leaving deep, earthy imprints beneath his feet. Yet, Bliss's eyes danced with confidence, the mastery of his newfound technique evident in the way he effortlessly parried their blows.

 

Both of them swang down at Bliss who blocked the attack of all three weapons with his sword

Bliss’s sword lit up in a bright white aura as he parried the attacks. The sheer force from the attacks was more than enough to create indentations in the earth below his feet. 

Bliss smirked, feeling he had really mastered the technique he had seen Sir Donald use. 

 

In an instant, the white aura's energy flowed from the sword to his feet, imbuing him with unimaginable power. Bliss pushed off the ground with a force that defied reason, his adversaries swept away by the explosive shockwave. They tumbled through the air, bodies rolling amidst a tempest of dust and debris.

 

By the time the two gold-ranked adventurers steadied themselves and regained their footing, Bliss was already bearing down upon them. The adventurer with the mighty axe desperately lunged forward, attempting to block Bliss's advance and shield his companion from impending doom. But in the blink of an eye, Bliss vanished from their sight.

 

Reappearing directly in front of the dual-sword-wielding adventurer, Bliss met the cross of the swords with a single, glowing strike. The blades shattered like glass, their wielder sent hurtling into the cave wall with an explosion of fractured stone.

 

The remaining adventurer wheeled around, desperate to intervene, only to find Bliss standing beside him, the Sword of Versatility poised at his throat. Panic gripped him, threatening to worsen his predicament. 

 

If the adventurer had not abruptly stopped moving he would have caused his own head to fall off, he gulped realizing the seriousness of the situation. 

 

"Participants Number 63 and 64," 

 

Bliss declared, his voice unwavering. 

 

"You have failed the trial of heroes."

 

In an instant, a magical circle materialized beneath their feet, and the adventurers were whisked away from the cavern, their fates now determined.

 

Bliss was greeted with a notification he had been expecting.

 

[Congratulations the skill ‘Self Assurance' has leveled up!]

 

[Self Assurance level 9 Rank 2]

 

- By believing in yourself you gain vast amounts of power.

All Stats +600, -4 skill points per second.

 

Bliss clenched his fist, marveling at the palpable increase in his strength. The weeks of consuming Greater Phantoms of Trepidation and rigorous sparring with adventurers had transformed him. His stats and skills had undergone remarkable improvements, elevating him to new heights.

 

Initially, Bliss had used silver-ranked adventurers as sparring partners, but as his core attributes surged, even they could no longer provide the challenge he sought. He had spent the past week engaging gold-ranked adventurers, further refining his combat prowess.

 

He even decided to test his new limits by challenging two at the same time, and as expected, with his mastery of his skills he found fighting much easier. 

 

He had not only improved in stats but could use his skills, mana and body many times more efficiently now. 

 

Bliss nodded, feeling pleased before teleporting to the lowest part of the dungeon. 

 

Bliss arrived in a spacious room with a finely woven carpet and a large wooden bed. 

 

The main thrust of his ambition was not just personal growth but the construction of an enduring, comfortable life for himself and this room was a small testament to that ambition. 

 

Bliss took up a mug with boiling hot tea. He savored the aroma before taking a sip while looking out the open window. 

 

He stood before a window that offered a breathtaking view of the outside world. His eyes swept across the landscape, taking in the sight of roughly built stone huts, some modest, others towering with two stories. Demon inhabitants bustled about, establishing roads, tending to gardens filled with lush fruits and vegetables, and carrying fresh animal meat toward the butchery.

 

Outside, life burgeoned, and the beginnings of a thriving town were taking shape. Bliss contemplated the remarkable transformation with a sense of fulfillment.

 

Bliss nodded, feeling like his goal to build a life of comfort was drawing nearer and nearer. 

 

Bliss set his tea down by the window and removed his jacket while in deep contemplation. 

 

‘Ever since I started giving the Demon’s the skills from the human’s it seemed to have breathed new life into them.’

 

Bliss stood over a bathtub of cold water checking the temperature with his fingers. He opened his spatial bag and a single drop of magma fell out and instantly the water began to boil filling the room with steam. 

 

‘It almost seems like second nature to them, they and the senior demons are well coordinated when it comes to the normal running of a city.’

 

Once again Bliss touched the boiling water with his fingers, checking the temperature. He added another drop of magma.

 

‘To think they would do this much with only a little over two hundred demons..”

 

Bliss repeated the process, fine-tuning the temperature to his preference as he contemplated the growth of the demon community. Their newfound skills had infused vitality into their daily endeavors.

The bath awaited, a sanctuary of relaxation and contemplation. Bliss touched the water once more, satisfied with its warmth, before undressing and stepping in.

 

‘But there is the problem of that area they are building to the back of the town.’

 

Bliss for a split second felt at peace enjoying the feeling of a warm bath. 

 

‘Well, they did say it was just part of their culture, I probably shouldn’t think too deeply about it.’

 

Bliss smiled inwardly as he drifted off enjoying the hot bath.

5