CHAPTER 44 – THE TRIAL BEGINS!
70 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[BAM!]

 

The tranquility of Bliss's slumber was shattered by a deafening crash as his chamber door was violently kicked open. Bliss was woken out by the three senior demons. 

 

“What is going on here!?”

 

Bliss groaned, still entangled in the hazy realm between sleep and wakefulness, struggling to fathom the sudden intrusion. 

 

“I am sorry, my liege. But this is something we must do.”

 

Slayog murmured, a tone of regret woven into his words. He swiftly covered Bliss's head with a sack, rendering him blind and disoriented. In a swift, well-coordinated maneuver, the other two senior demons seized Bliss and forcibly hauled him from his lavish abode.

 

Bliss's protests and struggles were in vain, a futile attempt to break free from the iron grip of the senior demons.After a few minutes of struggling Bliss was tossed in the center of a ring and the bag on his head removed. 

 

Blinking in the harsh light, he squinted at the figures before him.

His gaze settled on Diablo, a senior demon seated on a throne-like chair, presiding over the eerie congregation that surrounded the arena. The demon villagers, a sea of expectant faces, formed a ring of anticipation, encircling the eerie spectacle.

 

“Diablo?”

 

Bliss breathed, his voice laden with a mixture of confusion and dread, struggling to comprehend the gravity of the situation.

 

Diablo, a regal and imposing figure, did not respond immediately. Instead, he allowed a tense silence to reign, intensifying Bliss's unease.

 

“Bliss Bloodborne, you have been selected to attempt the trial of the demon lord!”

 

Diablo's voice, when it finally boomed through the arena, sent tremors through the dungeon's very foundations.

 

Hearing those words Bliss realized that his time was up. Almost synchronizing the notifications from the system went off as well.

 

[Mandatory Mission “Preparing for the Demon Lord’s Test

 

Has been successfully completed! 

 

The skill “Basic Weapons Crafter (M)” has matured to Rank 4

 

- You can create/improve weapons and armor that are slightly sturdier than normal. One random compatible skill will be added to weapon/armor.

 

[Mandatory Mission “Trial of the Demon Lord” Has commenced!

 

Failure: Death. Reward: Mature by one stage.]

 

Not paying attention to the still daygazing Bliss Diablo continued with his announcement to the audience. 

 

“As per the ancient way! The new demon lord must prove he is stronger than all of his subordinates combined!”

 

Diablo paused as he looked over at the other three senior demons. It had to be understood that before Bliss arrived, Diablo was the unofficial leader of the demons. While Slaygor, Slaygon and Atrox were considered the elders. 

 

Among the three Atrox was considered the closest to him in terms of raw power. But there was still a clear division of power between the two. Atrox had been patiently waiting his turn to lead the demons after Diablo passed not intending to disrupt their already feeble society. 

 

But now things have changed. The Demons needed a strong leader now that their strength was returning. They needed hope that a true demon king had descended. 

 

The demonic congregation awaited in rapt attention, their hopes and aspirations projected onto the figure of Bliss Bloodborne.

 

Diablo looked up acknowledging the goodness of Lord MorningStar and smiled inwardly before continuing;

 

“The rules are the same as they have been for the last thousand years. All those who doubt his strength must test it now or forever hold their peace.”

 

Diablo’s voice held a reverie that could not be ignored. 

 

“Every demon alive will fight until the Demon Lord has proven himself or until he is dead beyond souls.”

 

Diablo declared, his words dripping with gravitas.

 

Bliss’s eyes shrunk when he heard that last bit. 

 

Up until now he had been very fearless when fighting the countless adventurers since he knew death within the dungeon was not possible. But he had forgotten that being killed by another creature in the dungeon meant he would suffer a true death. 

 

Now Bliss understood the mission the system had issued and why it considered him weak before. 

 

Bliss fully understood that, while the lesser demons would not be much of a hassle there were still the three senior demons and Diablo that he wasn’t sure where he stood amongst them. 

 

Bliss gulped realizing the seriousness of the trail. 

 

“God MorningStar! Grant us the divine barrier!”

 

Diablo lifted his hand as he spoke and left the stage. 

 

Diablo left the stage leaving only Bliss at its center as a magic barrier appeared out of thin air. 

 

The Barrier was transparent but gave off a very reliable feel. 

 

Bliss eventually got up and dusted off his hand. After a month of training he felt he had more than enough strength to take on anyone of demons. 

 

“Bring it on!”

 

Bliss felt hyped, he was ready to show off his new found strength. The crowd reciprocated his vigor and cheered loudly.

 

But Bliss’s haughtiness was stopped in his tracks when he realized something as the first participants stepped forward. 

 

“1…2…3…4…”

 

‘Wait they can challenge me in groups?’

 

Panic gripped Bliss as he surveyed the determined faces of the senior demons. Slaygor and Slaygon looked like they already planned to challenge him together.

 

A single phrase, whispered under his breath, conveyed the impending peril: 

 

"Cuddle me backward."

4