CHAPTER 46 – UNRIPE FRUITS
79 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The four heavily armored demons didn't immediately charge at Bliss. Instead, the one among them armed with a bow began rapidly drawing its string. Ice-tipped arrows shot forth, and Bliss, with a dancer's grace, elegantly sidestepped the barrage while closing the distance. Unfortunately the other demon beside him followed up by throwing balls of fire. 

 

It would seem that fire was a very common natural element for the demons to be born being able to manipulate. Majority could use it in one form or another. Regardless, Bliss continued to narrow the distance.  

 

[Switch!]

 

As Bliss neared point-blank range, his intent to thrust his sword at the archer was thwarted when the demon behind him, wielding a colossal shield, used a skill that instantly switched their positions. Bliss's blade collided with the thick, energy-infused shield, jolting both combatants backward. The resilient shield bore only a faint dent.

 

Disoriented for a moment, Bliss glanced at the shielded demon, his memory recalling the skills he had bestowed upon him.

 

*Keen eye* 

 

Name: Disreal

Race: Demon

Level: 20

Hp: 3300/3300

Mana: 3000/3000

Skill Points:350/400

Strength: 900

Speed: 330

Dexterity: 1050

Intelligence: 300

 

Skills

[Switch - level 1 Rank 2]

[Self Assurance - level 2 Rank 2]

[Light wall level 6 Rank 1]

[Baulder’s Shield

 

A shield of decent quality. 

 

Skill 1 - Damage absorption- Absorbs 30% of damage as mana or skill points.

 

Skill 2 - Hardening, The wielder can increase their defense and weight by 300% for 40 seconds a day.

 

Skill 3 - Reflect - Will reflect 10% of damage back at the attacker.]

 

Bliss had to admit although Disreal’s stats were nowhere near his, his skills harmonized so well that he was a great tank. 

 

It had to be understood that in addition to these skills, he had a few more skills attached to his armor pieces that all aided in improving his defense capabilities. 

 

Before he could regain his bearings, a renewed onslaught of ice shards and fireballs descended upon him. Gracefully, Bliss maneuvered through the aerial assault, finally reaching the demon responsible for the fire projectiles.

 

[Switch!]

 

Once again the demon swapped places with Disreal who intercepted the attack and pushed Bliss back a few steps. 

 

Unlike before though, Disreal used the skill Switch again and switched places with the female demon that had a sword in hand. 

 

Before Bliss could make heads of the situation he was already looking down the blade of a sword aimed for his neck. 

 

Without much time to react, Bliss was forced to meet the sword with his and deflected the attack into the ground. 

 

When the demon’s attack connected with the ground a large split opened the earth causing the entire arena to quake vigorously and forcing rocks and debris to fly in all directions as magma came spewing out of the crack. 

 

Bliss, who had jumped back, looked on in bafflement, now understanding the power that was behind her swing. 

 

He used his keen eye skill to get a better appreciation of the situation. 

Name: Lily 

Race: Demon

Level: 25

Hp: 1000/1000

Mana: 500/500

Skill Points:350/500

Strength: 1500

Speed: 1500

Dexterity: 100

Intelligence: 100

 

Skills

[Attack Boost - level 9 rank 1]

[Speed Boost - level 8 rank 1]

[Overclock - level 9 rank 1]

[Intermediate Swordsmanship level 3 Rank 1]

 

[Fire plain blade

 

A demon sword that was forged in hell flames by an amateur blacksmith

 

Skill 1 - Attack Boost - Strength will increase by 30% when attacking. 

 

Skill 2 - Speed Boost - Speed will increase by 30% when attacking or dodging.

 

Skill 3 - Overclock - All skills that increase stats will increase it by an additional 15%]

 

When Bliss looked at the sword and at her he was dumbfounded. Initially he had thought her picking such skills as a demon who naturally had superior physic was silly but now that he felt the additive nature of all the skills he had to reconsider. 

 

Up until now he had let the demons pick and choose which skills they wanted amongst those that he had in his stash not keeping a record nor paying much attention to who got which skills. 

 

But now that he found a demon who specialized he had to reconsider. 

 

Lily rushed at Bliss with an uncanny speed and swung her sword rapidly. He was forced into a full on fight against her. Seeing just her raw stats would not make him think much of her but due to her skills he was being forced on the offensive. 

 

At the same time, ice arrows and fire balls were being rained down on Bliss the moment he wasn’t locking blades with Lily. Forcing him to remain on the move. 

 

Bliss feeling like his back was against the was gritted his teeth feeling like he was left without any choices. 

 

In a powerful push Bliss separated from his head on clash with Lily. 

 

[Self Assurance Activated]

 

It had been a long while since Bliss had used his full body for Self Assurance. Up until now he had only been using it in miniscule bursts. 

 

But like a damn that had been held back for too long a powerful surge of power exploded from his body pushing all the arrows and fireballs back.

 

Lily, at the epicenter of the energy surge, was catapulted like a ragdoll. In contrast, Bliss remained at the center, radiating a brilliant white aura as the energy hummed around him.

“This power feels nothing like before.”

 

Bliss murmured to himself, clenching and unclenching his fist as he adjusted to this newfound strength. He resumed his combat stance with a renewed determination.

 

“Alright, Let’s go for round two!”

 

The audience erupted in loud applause as everyone sat on the edge of their seats.

Trying something different, check it out and tell me what you guys think,

https://www.tiktok.com/@brightshadow796?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc

3