CHAPTER 48 – FACING THE DEMONIC APEX
60 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within the arena stood three individuals all exuding a domineering pressure. Slaygor and Slaygon stood side by side facing Bliss. 

 

Slaygor and Slaygon, although they differed drastically in their human form, looked more like brothers in their demon forms.  

 

They both had the same body, looking more like bodybuilders than demons. They had a few pieces of bone like armor that covered their softer regions and a few areas of their blood red skin.

 

They stood menacingly as their wings flapped behind them, their wings were slightly larger than before but it seemed to have been compensating for their lack of tails. 

 

Bliss, on the other hand, stood at the opposite end, his physique appearing slightly less developed compared to the two towering figures before him. His skin, a classic dark hue common among demons, contrasted with their fiery red. However, his bone-like armor retained its pristine white, harmonizing with the purple shrug jacket and arm guards he wore. Bliss, feeling the pressure from his formidable opponents, decided to use his inspect skill to assess their levels.

 

Name: Slaygor Kali

Race: Noble Demon

Level: 35

Hp: 1500/3500

Status: Mild Marasmus

Mana: 2500/2500

Skill Points: 0/0

Strength: 1500  (+200)

Speed: 1500  (+200)

Dexterity: 1500  (+200)

Intelligence: 300  (+200)

 

Skills:

None

 

Name: Slaygon Kali

Race: Noble Demon

Level: 32

Hp: 1400/3500

Status: Mild Marasmus

Mana: 2400/2400

Skill Points: 0/0

Strength: 1400  (+200)

Speed: 1400  (+200)

Dexterity: 1400  (+200)

Intelligence: 270  (+200)

 

Skills:

None

 

Bliss looked at their stats and could only thank himself for not giving the senior demons any skills as yet. Although this wasn’t from a lack of caring it was just that Bliss felt it was better not to power up the demon’s that were already stronger than himself, plus up until now he didn’t find any skills that were fitting for demons of their caliber. 

 

If this was a battle of pure stats it was undoubtedly that Bliss stood no chance. Between the two of them they exceeded him. But Bliss put on a good show as he taunted them to make the first move.  

 

Without hesitation, Slaygor and Slaygon lunged forward, their synchronized attack accompanied by the thunderous flapping of their wings. Slaygor aimed a colossal fist at Bliss's head, while Slaygon unleashed a powerful kick aimed at Bliss's lower body.

 

But just moments before their attacks landed, Bliss wore a wicked smile, setting off alarm bells in their minds. They tried to withdraw their strikes, but their movements were sluggish, and they couldn't escape Bliss's trap. They tried to retract their attacks out of sheer fear but were both simply too slow. 

 

In an awe-inspiring display, Bliss’s equipment he was wearing lit up with a bright glow. 

When the brilliant aura faded, Slaygor and Slaygon found themselves buried in the arena floor, their heads protruding by a mere five inches. They were utterly immobilized, like colossal statues thrust into the earth.

 

Both of them felt confused by this sudden overwhelming power, not understanding where this had come from. Meanwhile Bliss dealing with the two like rag dolls lifted up one and gave him a firm strike to the sternum instantly knocking him out and tossing him outside of the arena. 

 

Next was Slaygor who still in confusion tried to muster up a punch but like dealing with children Bliss knocked his hand away and gave him a palm strike to the chest. Hearing the firm strike resounding in the arena and seeing how easily Bliss dealt with the two an eerie silence fell. 

 

A surreal silence gripped the crowd. They struggled to comprehend the sudden shift in power, while Bliss stood triumphant at the center of the arena, openly challenging the might of the entire demon race.

 

“Is that the best the demon race has to offer?”

 

Bliss smiled inwardly feeling that the worst thing the system in this world could have done was give him time to prepare. Before when he lost to the commander it was mostly due to the unexpected nature of the attack that prevented him from thinking straight. But now, with almost an entire month to think of ways to get stronger this whole world was his playground. 

 

Bliss smiled and looked at the simple clothes he was wearing. 

 

[Dragonic-skin Shrug Jacket

 

A simple jacket made with the skin of a pseudo-dragon

 

Skill 1 - Active Attack Boost - Strength will increase by 40% when attacking or defending,  1/3 uses per day.

 

Skill 2 - Active Speed Boost - Speed will increase by 40% when attacking or dodging. 1/3 uses per day.

]

 

Although the effects were considered simple it had to be understood that all four pieces of equipment that Bliss wore had these same effects causing a stacking of the effects. This meant that in one instance, Bliss’s strength and speed had more than doubled.

Although the uses were limited Bliss still felt like he had chosen the best possible effects for his equipment. He smiled internally feeling his genius was unmatched. 

 

As Bliss reveled in his newfound strength, two deafening thuds echoed in the arena. In a blaze of hellfire, Atrox emerged in his full transformed glory, a towering demon with three horns, crimson skin etched with tribal tattoos, and an aura of death that sent shivers through the spectators.

 

“ honestly never thought you would make it this far.”

Atrox smiled, before looking at the demon that landed to his left. Beside Atrox, none other than Diablo materialized from the flames. Diablo's six blazing eyes, matched with his imposing presence, sent shockwaves through the crowd. Gasps reverberated through the arena as they recognized the demon lord's arrival.

 

“Diablo?!”

 

The crowd all gasped as they realized who had landed. 

 

Diablo's unyielding gaze locked onto Bliss, and the ground quaked beneath their feet as he spoke the words that reverberated in every spectator's heart: "A demon lord must be stronger than all those below him."

 

“A demon lord must be stronger than all those below him.”

 

As Diablo spoke the arena trembled, and torrents of magma surged from the depths.

 

Bliss squinted, utilizing his inspect skill to gauge the true might of the two titans before him.

 

Name: Atrox Azazel

Race: High Noble Demon

Level: 45

Hp: ??????

Mana: ?????

Skill Points: 0/0

Strength: ?????

Speed: ?????

Dexterity: ????

Intelligence: ????

 

Name: Diablo Baal

Race: High Noble Demon

Level: 52

Hp: ??????

Mana: ?????

Skill Points: 0/0

Strength: ?????

Speed: ?????

Dexterity: ????

Intelligence: ????

 

Bliss couldn't wrap his head around the insurmountable level gap. Nervous beads of sweat formed on his forehead as he confronted this seemingly impossible challenge. The crowd, wide-eyed and breathless, watched with bated breath, awaiting the battle that would decide the fate of the demon race.

2