Chapter 49: Nojiko`s Resolve
767 0 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Ben was comforting Nojiko, a voice was heard saying, “I thought I smelled something awful.”

“Gahohoho. Yeah he looks just as bad, Kaneshiro,” said a fish man, with light blue skin, long black hair, red lips, and a pink fin on the back of his head. He wore a blueish-purple shirt with shorts.

“Yes, Take,” said Kaneshiro A fish man with light pink skin, and two big blue fins on the side of his head. He wore an orange, open shirt, and white pants.

Ben and the girls looked over to see the two fishman. Ben gently let Nojiko go and walked over to the fishmen. Alvida followed. Kaya went near Nojiko.

“Just the people I am looking for,” Ben said and added, “It saves me some time looking to kick your ass.”

“You are a cocky human.” Kaneshiro said. “Die,” he shouted as he grabbed his sword and attempted to slash Ben. Alvida grabbed her iron mace and blocked Kaneshiro`s sword. “You little scum goes against me?” Kaneshiro said in anger. Alvida smiled.

“Got to be better than that,” Alivda said. This enrages Kaneshiro who started swinging his sword at Alvida. Alvida blocks each of the sword attacks easily. Kaneshiro then tried to attack her legs with a low attack. Alvida simply jumps and then counter attacks and hits Kaneshiro in the face with her mace.

“Why you?” Kaneshiro said in anger. He then swings again aiming at her face. Alvida blocks this again.

Alvida thought, it's time to finish this. “Kanabo Swing.” She swung her iron mace at full power towards Kaneshiro. He attempted to block with his sword however the sword broke and Kaneshiro took the full hit of the force. He went flying back and hit a tree. Kaneshiro was knocked out upon impact.

“Wow she is strong,” Nojiko said.

“Yes she is,” Kaya replied.

“Our Captain will go all the lengths to have you join the crew. My servant was a traitor who was playing with me. Ben figured it out, saved me from my death and defeated him.” Kaya added.

“Did you meet him before?” Nojiko questioned.

“No, my first time meeting him was when he saved me for an assassin that day,” Kaya replied.

“He did it, without knowing you,” Nojiko said in shock.
“He will save you, your village,” Kaya said.

Meanwhile Ben and Take looked at each other. “Gahohoho,” he laughed and said, “A weak pathetic human like you can take on a might fish man.”

Ben transformed into his hybrid form. Black wings sprouted on his back and a black tail could be seen. Ben`s eyes turned red. “What are you?” Take said in confusion. Ben charged towards Take and punched in the gut. Take bent over in pain. Ben then punched Take in the face.

Take staggered back. “You,” he said in pain. Take then ran towards and attempted to punch Ben. Ben saw this coming and dodged it.

“Demon Claws,” Ben said and he attacked Take with his sharp claws. Ben left a scratched mark on Take chest. There were clearly three lines which could be seen. The marks were bleeding. Take collapsed.

“He took Take out like it was nothing,” Nojiko said in surprise.

“Our Captain is strong,” Kaya said in admiration.

Ben then shouted, “Next is Arlong!” Ben transformed back into his human form.

Nojiko and Kaya came running down. “Are you okay?” Nojiko asked with concern in her voice.

“I am fine,” Ben replied.

“So am I, my love,” Alvida said.

“Nojiko, I know we have just met, but I want to give you something special. Something that will protect you. I dont know if you will join my crew or not but I believe this gift is for you,” Ben said.

He got into his knee. Nojiko was going red, thinking that a random stranger is now proposing to her. He is good looking and the form is enticing.

(System redeem Kumo Kumo no Mi)

[Here….]

Ben thought the system said that a bit rudely however it was rude like a jealous teenage girl. Jealous…He remembered what the other goddess was saying. I will deal with this later.

Ben put his hand forward and a bright light appeared in the shape of a fruit. Nojiko was surprised to see a random fruit appear out of nowhere.

“What is this?” Nojiko asked.

“A devil fruit which will give you powers and protect you,” Ben explained and added, “I know we don't know each other very well but my heart says you are special and I want to protect everything special to me.“

Nojiko was now red. Kaya looked at her and said, “Do girls fall that easy for him?”

“You should know, you did,” Alvida snickered.

“Heyy,” Kaya said with a blush.

“I will accept this,” Nojiko said. All logic was telling her not to accept it but something about this person reminded her of Bell-mère. She took the fruit and ate it whole.

“This tasted awful,” Nojiko said in disgust. Kaya and Alvida giggled as they were fully aware of the horrible taste.

“It might taste but it will help you,” said Ben.

Nojiko saw this stranger, no her stranger, her captain and her man.

“I will join you,” she said.

[Quest 4 Complete

Rewards in Storage:

  • Instant Upgrade to Miss Love Duck II
  • Tori Tori no Mi, Model Roc
  • A.S.S Blueprint Arms upgrade

]

“Do all girls just fall for him this easily?” Kaya said again. Alvida just giggled.

32