Chapter 55: De-Brief
706 1 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nami, Honey, Nojiko, Alvida and Belo Betty saw the fishman land with a big thud on the ground. He was not moving. Then they saw random black beams coming from the building. The building had cracks. Kaya was still sleeping.

“The building looks unstable,” Nojiko commented. Loud crash noises could be heard.

“It's going down like the rest of these scum,” Belo Betty said.

“Where is Ben?” Honey expressed concern.

Then they saw Ben running out from the building. The building collapsed behind him.

Nami had tears in her eyes as saw the building destroyed. However she had a look of relief in her face.

“It's over,” she said in relief.

“Yes it is sis,” Nojiko said, who was also in tears. They both hugged each other.

Ben approached the girls and went back to his human. He saw Nojiko and Nami hugging each other and crying. Alvida was smiling. Honey was looking down but she had a small smile on her face. Belo Betty had a beaming smile. She gave a thumbs up. Kaya was still sleeping.

Nojiko and Nami saw Ben and jumped to hug him. “Thank you,” Nami said. “Thank you for saving the village. I could have not without you,” she continued. Ben dropped the sword he got from Arlong.

“Thank you Captain. You beat the monster. You brought justice to my mum,” Nojiko said.

“Two sisters this time,” Belo Betty teased.

“That's our love,” Alvida said.

“Our?” Belo Betty questioned.

“Girls please,” Ben said.

Alvida and Honey both smiled.

“I told you Nojiko when we first met that I will make sure my crewmates are happy and anyone that makes them sad will suffer my wrath,” Ben said.

“I know Captain,” she replied and kissed Ben while hugging him with her sister on the other side. Their tongues met for a brief second. Ben thought the power of talking wins again.

“Sis,” Nami shouted in shock after seeing her sister kiss a man.

Ben and Nojiko stopped kissing. “I am showing my Captain and our savior some appreciation. You are still hugging him,” she teased. Nami let go of Ben and took a step back.

“You're so annoying,” Nami pouted.

Ben laughed. “Stop teasing her,” Ben said.

“As you wish, Captain,” Nojiko replied.

“What's with the Captain? Are you joining his crew? It's dangerous and he is a pervert,” Nami stuttered.

“He is not a pervert,” Belo Betty said.

Belo Betty actually defending me is strange, Ben thought.

“He is a super mega pervert, who makes girls sleep him nude when they join the crew,” Belo Betty joked.

“That is true, Belo Betty had to do it for my love,” she giggled.

Nami looked in horror. She knew about the demon lady who looked like Honey. This crew is scary. “Sis…” Nami tried to say.

“My Captain wants to see my nude body,” Nojiko teased. Honey nodded.

“Hey, I didn't say anything for you to do that. I am not a pervert.” Ben said trying to defend himself.

“Sure sure,” Belo Betty remarked.

The girls laughed. Nami was in shock, however the atmosphere was good.

Kaya had woken up hearing the laughter. She got up and saw Nojiko in Ben`s arm.

“Pervert, going for another girl,” Kaya said.

“Yeah and she will do the ritual of sleeping nude with our Captain,” Belo Betty said.

“What!!!” she shouted. Her face went going red.

“You have been with the crew for a bit, have you not done it,” Belo Betty questioned.

“No, I would, I,” Kaya said, who was red and struggling to get words out.

“It's a tradition,” Alvida added while smiling.

“Maybe I will for tradition, " Kaya declared.

“Girls, I never want you to force you to do something you are not comfortable with,” Ben said.

The girls including Nami all smiled towards Ben. Ben thought the right words at the right time can go long way.

“So Kaya what was that?” Alvida asked.

“What was what? Kaya said in confusion.

“That transformation, and how you defeated Chew and then almost attacked Honey. Ben and Belo Betty has to interfere,” Alvida summarised.

“I don't know. I don't remember,” Kaya said sadly.

Ben used his free hand to bring Kaya into a hug.

“Hey pervert,” she hissed.

“We can talk about that later. We should let the villagers know about how the fight went,” Ben said.

“Yes, we should,” Nami agreed.

They looked at Arlong's body. It was evident that all life was gone. There was a hole in his chest and he was not breathing.

“Some scum needs to be eradicated from the planet. They are too much of a parasite for this world. There are bigger parasites which need to be cleared,” Belo Betty stated.

The girls didn't have anything to add. Ben said, “We will together.” The girls including Belo Betty looked at him lovingly.

Ben picked up the sword and they exited the park. The other fishman were either unconscious or in no condition to pose a threat.

“Why do you have that sword with you my love?” Alvida asked.
“I think it may be valuable in the right hand,” Ben replied.

Nojiko and Nami were not sure. They didn't not like the sword as it brought back old painful memories. However they thought there might be a good reason for Ben to be carrying it.

They walked a bit away and saw the villagers.

Genzo was anxiously waiting for the results. He saw the sword from a distance and panicked. Did the Arlong pirates win, he thought. As they got closer Genzo could clearly see it was the girls with Ben in the centre. They all looked like they took some hits however for the most part they were all alright.

“Are you all okay?” Genzo said.

“A few scratches and bruises, but all good,” Ben replied.

He looked that the girls, out of the people fighting, Belo Betty and Kaya had no injuries. He thought, given this is Belo Betty, that would make sense however Kaya was a different story. He thought maybe her devil fruit had something to do with this.

“That's good,” Genzo said.

“Arlong has been defeated,” Ben declared.

The villagers started celebrating.

“Let's celebrate this moment. Please come to our village and let us honour you,” Genzo said.

34