Chapter 70: Reverse Mountain
528 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alvida and Kaya were talking down the busy market. They saw a lot of shops selling all sorts of jewellery and weapons.

“A busy and lively area,” Kaya commented.

“Yes typical of port towns on route to important destinations,” Alvida responded.

“I always dreamed of coming to such a place with such energy and live,” Kaya said.

“So why didn't you?” Alvida asked.

“I couldn't because my body was weak and ill. My childhood friend Usopp will tell me all these stories of giants, fleets, dragons and all sorts of crazy things. Now, I am experiencing it with Ben,” she explained.

Alvida smiled hearing the last part. “My love sure knows how to win a girl's heart,” Alvida said.

“He does,” Kaya said with a smile on her face,

“I mean,” she blurted out. Alvida chuckled.

“What's two beautiful girls like you walking by yourself?” said a thin and tall man with short purple hair with a wide mouth and his tongue sticking out. He was holding a large sword.

“You should be with a strong man like me and Koze,” said a bulky muscular man with brown hair. He wore a sleeveless brown shirt and grey pants.

“Well said, Packy,” Koze laughed.

Alvida was not amused. “Out of my way if you don't want to get hurt,” she shouted.

“Haha, hear that Koze. This girl thinks she can hurt us,” Packy said.

“The blonde is something,” Koze said as he moved his sword towards Kaya. Alvida grabbed her iron mace and smashed it over Koze's head. He threw up blood as he went down onto the ground.

“Koze,” Packy shouted. Packy went to swing his sword towards Alvida. Alvida blocked the sword with her iron mace. Alvida then swung her iron mace and hit in the jaw. Packy went in the air and landed back. This mouth was covered in blood.

“Wow,” Kaya said.

“I will protect the harem from dirt like this,” Alvida said

“Alvida, thank you,” Kaya said. Alvida smiled.

“Let's go and get the supplies,” Alvida said. Kaya and Alvida walked for another 5 minutes until they found a store.

Alvida opened the door and heard a gentle jingle from the bell on its door. Inside, an organised array of shelves, displayed an array of mixed essentials. The food aisle had many tins of food.
In the adjacent aisle, a section boasts medicines and basic medical supplies. The final aisle had an assortment of tools, from wrenches to hammers.

“This should have everything we need,” Alvida said.

“Yes,” Kaya agreed. They bought several dozen tins of food, a dozen basic medical supplies and some tool including a hammer, wrench and screwdrivers. Alvida paid for their goods and two large bags were filled to the brim.

“Looks like we have everything,” Kaya said,

“Yes, supplies that can last a month,” Alvida replied.

They started walking back to the Port where the Miss Love Duck was. It took them about 10 minutes to get back to the Miss Love Duck. HQ came out of the bridge.

“Looks like you got everything we need,” HQ said.

“Yes, we did,” Kaya replied.

At that moment, Ben, Honey and Nojiko came running onto the Miss Love Duck.

“HQ, the marines, know we are here, let us get moving now,” Ben ordered.

HQ ran to the Bridge. Nojiko and Kaya followed HQ. At the deck, HQ sat on the pilot seat, raised the anchor and set the sails.

“Looks like we are ready to go,” Nojiko said.

“Yes, we are,” HQ replied.

The Miss Love Duck started moving.

“Okay we are moving,” Ben said. He was relieved.

“My love, what happened?” Alvida asked.
“We encountered some marines and I beat them up. Luffy has already been here, so I think at most there is a day ahead of us. We need to get Whiskey Peak as soon as possible so we can't be delayed dealing with fodder,” Ben explained.

“The Warlord is tough that we need allies?” Honey asked.

“Yes and no. They are strong however we can take them if we work together; however it will be easier with alliance,” Ben said.

“Okay my love,” Alvida said.

The ship sailed away from Loguetown. It was late evening when the ship arrived at Reverse Mountain.

Ben and all the girls were on the Bridge of the ship. “Wow,” Nojiko said.

“Truly amazing,” Kaya added.

In front of them was Reverse Mountain. A colossal whale-shaped island. The island featured a towering mountain at its centre, its craggy peaks reaching towards the sky. Cascading down its slopes are numerous waterfalls that feed into the surrounding sea.

“The sea is going up the mountain,” Kaya said.

“I have heard about this from Nami. This place is surrounded by the Calm Belt where there are sea kings, so we need to go up this,”Nojiko said.

“The navy has technology which allows them to travel in the Calm Belt,” Ben said.

“Really?” Honey said. Ben nodded.

“Master, there are some fierce whirlpools” HQ reported.

“I trust your and Nojiko's abilities,” Ben said.

“Hold on tight,” Nojiko said.

HQ who was in the pilot seat moved the wheel and the ship.

“Go left,” Nojiko said to avoid the first whirlpool. “Now right,” she said.

“Keep straight and up the mountain,” Nojiko said. HQ kept the course and the Miss Love Duck was going up reverse mountain. The ship was moving fast.

“Can this ship survive this?” Kaya asked.

“It will have to,” Honey replied.

“It will,” Ben said.

The ship went up the mountain until it reached the top.

“Straight,” Nojiko said. The ship went straight and now was heading downwards.

“Hang on,” Alvida said.

The ship raced downwards down the mountain and hit the water.

“We did it,” Kaya shouted.

“Yes we have,” Alvida said.

“It was scary,” Hone said.

“Good job girls,” Ben said as he hugged and kissed Nojiko on her mouth. He then went to hug and kiss HQ.

“Thank you Master,” HQ said. Nojiko was in a daze. Her hand was on her mouth thinking that was her first kiss and it was quick but amazing. Her heart was racing. Her man kissed her. She thought and giggled.

“Okay let's head to Whiskey Peak,” Ben ordered.

“The Grand Line has extreme weather and the islands have their own electromagnetic frequency. This is why we can't use a regular compass for this job,” Ben explained.

“Nojiko, what does your Log Pose show?” Ben asked.

Nojiko was still in her world about the kiss and was not paying attention.

“Nojiko?” Kaya said.

Alvida went and shook her.

“Yes?” she replied.

“Are you okay?” Ben asked.

“She is more than okay my love,” Alvida teased.

“I am fine,” Nojiko said.

“Log Pose?” Ben asked again.

“Oh yes, it says to go that way.” Nojiko said as she pointed to a direction.

“Let's go,” Ben ordered. HQ turned the ship in the direction.

Ben looked out of the window on the ship's bridge and saw a massive blue whale with a badly painted jolly roger of the strawhats.

“Is that the…?” Honey asked but Ben cut her off.

“Yes,” he replied.

“I am beginning to see why they can be useful allies, my love,” Alvida said.

Then he saw a small lighthouse with a man sitting on a chair. He was staring at them. Ben smiled. “HQ stop there for a bit,” Ben said.

“Yes Master,” she replied. She got closer to the lighthouse and docked the ship.

Ben and the girls disembarked and met the old man. He had a muscular body and was partly bold. He wore a pink shirt and blueish-grey shorts with sandals. The man stared at them.

Ben and the girls stared back. The man stared back. “Hello, I am Ben,” Ben introduced himself.

“This is Alvida, Kaya, Nojiko and Honey,” Ben said. The girls waved to him. The man stared back.

“What's your name?” Ben asked. The man stared at them. His eyes looked angry. He could see a vein appear. The girls stared back.

“My love, he is strange,” Alvida said.

“That is rude,” the man said.

“I am sorry,” Alvida said in surprise.

“Did Luffy come here?” Ben asked. The man stared. Another vein could be seen in his eye.

“I am Crocus, keeper of the lighthouse. I am 71 years old,” Crocus replied.
“That was not the question,” Kaya said. The man stared.

“He is strange,” Alvida said.

“Luffy and his crew came here a few hours ago and left,” Crocus replied.

“Thank you,” Ben replied. Ben thought a few hours ago. They left Loguetown a day ago so the went to Warship Island first before coming here. Ben thought he needed to visit Warship Island to see the dragon there.

“He is unique,” Nojiko said.

“This unique and strange man sailed on the Pirate King`s ship. He was a doctor,” Ben said.

The girls were surprised. “Wow,” Honey said.

“So you were with the legend?” Nojiko exclaimed . Crocus stared at them.

“I know you went searching for the crew that Laboon is waiting for. Something tell me we will find them soon,” Ben said.

“How did you know?” Crocus asked.

“Just a feeling,” Ben replied.

“It was nice to meet and tell us about Luffy. We need to get going,” Ben said as he left and boarded the ship.

The girls waved and ran after Ben and boarded the ship. “Goodbye, we will meet soon,” Ben said.

“Youth. This man, like the other pirate, has an uncanny air about him, Different to Luffy and Roger but he does,” Crocus smiled.

“Okay girls, let's follow the compass, we should get to Whiskey Peak by midnight and we will go to action,” Ben said.

“Yes my love,” Alvida said. Honey, Nojiko and Kaya looked slightly nervous but they smiled as well.

“Girls get some rest. It's going to be a busy night,” Ben said.

Alvida and Honey smiled. “Not that way,” Ben announced.

“Pervert,” Kaya said.

24