Chapter 177: Ben vs Gad (Round 2)
151 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ben and Gad were by themself again. They looked at each other. Gad looked angry.

Ben smiled. He thought all the fishman he has fought so far have been the same. It will be amazing to meet a good fishman. He was looking forward to meeting Jinbe.

“What are you smiling at?” Gad asked. He looked annoyed.

“Just thinking,” Ben replied.

“Thinking? You should be thinking. You will have plenty of time to think once I defeat you,” Gad said.

“I remember you saying the last time and I just remembered that someone lost,” Ben said. He paused. “Was it me?” Ben said. He paused again. “No it was you,” Ben added.

Gad gritted his teeth. “Fishman are superior to humans,” Gad said.

“You have that devil fruit,” Gad added.

“And?” Ben asked.

“You don't see that to be unfair,” Gad said.

“Nope,” Ben replied.

“Typical human,” Gad said. He added, “I also have something.” Gad reached into his pocket and took a small capsule out.

He showed it to Ben. It was a blue and green checkered design, in an ovular shape. Ben's eyes widened.

Gad saw his reaction. “So you know something about this,” he laughed.

Ben knew this was similar to the energy capsule used by Hody. However, it was blue and red. This was green. However he thought how did Gad get this. This pill was meant to be a national treasure.

“That looks similar to the national treasure capsule,” Ben said.

Gad looked surprised. “How do you know that?” Gad yelled.

“I have my sources,” Ben replied.

Gad was not satisfied with that answer. “I will make you talk,” Gad said.
“Demon Beam,” Ben said as he fired a beam from one of his hands towards Gad.

Gad jumped out of the way. Ben flew towards Gad. Gad saw him coming and swallowed the capsule quickly. Ben kicked Gad on the side. He fell backwards.

Gad laughed. He got up. His eyes were blood-shot red, His muscles in his arms expanded. His legs got bigger. His chest was larger.

“See the power of a fishman,” Gad yelled. He grabbed his weapon from the ground. It was the same as before. It was a pole with a hammer on top. Gad smiled. He ran up and charged towards Ben. He swung the hammer at Ben. Ben dodged. Gad swung again aiming for Ben`s face. Ben ducked.

“Demon Fist,” Ben said as he channelled his energy into his fist and punched Gad in the stomach.

Gad did not flinch. He looked at Ben and smiled. He swung his hammer and hit Ben. Ben went flying towards the side. “Ouch,” Ben muttered. That will sting, he thought. He looked at Gad. He was definitely stronger and faster.

Gad ran up to Ben again. Ben jumped into the air and flew up. Gad saw this. He smiled and lept into the air. “Hammer Smash,” Gad said as he swung his hammer with his full strength and hit Ben.

Ben came crashing back down. He had a few scratches on his head. He did not expect Gad to be able to jump this high. He saw Gad was about to slam his hammer on him. “Hammer Dive Smash,” Gad said as he came down with his hammer.

Ben raised his right hand forward. “Demon Abyssal Chains,” Ben said as black chains launched from his hand towards Gad. Gad got hit by the chains which trapped him.

“What is this?” Gad said.

Ben quickly raised his other hand. “Demon Beam,” he said as a beam fired from his hand and hit Gad. Gad went up slightly up in the air and then came crashing down on the ground.

Ben relaxed for a second. That it was close, he thought. It would have been a critical hit from that angle. Ben got up back on his feet.

Gad also got up. He looked even more angry. He came running with his hammer again. He swung his hammer at Ben again. Ben dodged the hammer.

“Demon Kick,” Ben said as he channelled his energy into his leg and kicked Gad on the side of his stomach.
Gad looked at Ben. He dropped his hammer and punched Ben. Ben quickly crossed his arms and blocked the attack however he slid backwards. “That was a punch,” Ben muttered.

Gad picked up his hammer again and came running towards Ben. He charged at Ben. “Demon Blast,” Ben said as he used his two hands to fire a beam towards Gad. The beams hit Gad. A small black cloud appeared due to the attack.

Gad looked like he did not care and ran through the smoke and the attack. “Hammer Smash,” Gad said as he swung his hammer with his strength at Ben.

Ben jumped back as Gad missed his attack. Gad followed up with another swing. Ben dodged the attacks. Gad swung left. Ben moved right. Gad swung right. Ben moved left. Gad kept swinging and Ben dodged until Ben tripped and got hit with the hammer. He went flying into the air and landed on the ground. He spat some spit out. Gad hit him on the chest. He could feel pain from his chest. He was panting.

Ben took a few seconds to compose himself and got up. He looked at Gad. He was panting as well. Gad gasped for air, each breath had come ragged and heavy. He looked tired.

“Looks like you are at your limit,” Ben said.

“A fishman has no limits,” Gad said.

“We will see about that,” Ben said.

Gad dropped his hammer. He took a bottle of water out again. Shoryo no Mizu,” Gad said as threw a handful at Ben.The water were effectively bullets as they came towards Ben.

“Demon Abyssal Lance,” Ben said as he formed a spear-shaped projection of dark energy and hurled it at high speed towards Gad. The lance destroyed the water bullets and hit Gad in the chest. Gad spat blood from his mouth as the lance hit him. His eyes bulged out. He was knocked back as he took the full force of the attack.

Gad got up again. He stumbled. “I will not lose,” Gad said as he went down again and collapsed.

“He was tougher,” Ben said to himself. He was a bit banged up however he was okay. He flew up and headed towards the temple ruins to find the girls.

10