Prologue
220 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

A girl runs into the night. Her clothes are ragged and worn, her hair is disheveled, and her breathing is restless. Despite her obviously exhausted body, her mind seemed dead set on continuing. From behind her, numerous amounts of cars were catching up. When they reached an approachable distance, they got out of the car and ran after her.

"Do not let her escape! Kill her if it's not possible to catch her alive!" One of the men cried out, in which the rest responded in unison. 

She didn't want to die, but if she let herself get caught, only the worst will happen. Neither choice seemed to be a way out of this hell. 

The girl was stubborn. She was trapped in a dead-end of choices, yet chose neither. Still, life wasn't so kind to her. This wasn't a game. There was no third choice that could pop up last second, no guardian angel to carry her to safety.

She continued running, and soon after, collapsed from exhaustion. She could hear the yelling of the men behind her, celebrations ensued while losing consciousness. The girl cursed the horrid men for her trouble and suffering. 

When she opened her eyes once more, only the endless white was visible. Disoriented, the girl began to move once again, only to hear an unfamiliar voice booming the area.

"And where are you going, Alicia?"

"Who!" The girl named Alicia responded, alert.

Then, out of the blinding white, a figure emerged. Alicia was instantly mesmerized by the person in question.  Jet-black hair which perfectly contrasts with the white background, irises which were like the galaxy, and with skin radiant and perfectly smooth. Finally, her figure was perfected by the gold and white robes she was wearing.

"Well, in your terms, I would be considered ‘God’, though you could just call me 'Aelia'.

"I-I wouldn't dare to speak to such a-"

“That was a command.” Her cold tone sent shivers down Alicia's spine.

“Y-Yes, Aelia…” Alicia was not very confrontational nor aggressive, so she quickly cowered towards someone like Aelia.

"That wasn’t so hard was it? Now, do you know why you're here?”

"..."

"I see you don't want to talk. That's okay, I know what you've been through already."

'S-stalker??' was all Alicia could think about this elegant yet mischievous goddess.

"That hurts you know, I've only been looking out for you."

"T-Then why haven't you interfered with them? Why did you leave me to suffer like this?" She cried out, letting all her emotions burst, tears streaming down her eyes like a waterfall.

"There, there, calm down." Aelia quickly pulled the crying girl into a tight embrace, which had unnaturally lessened her sorrow.

"While I am a goddess, I still have to follow rules. It would be too much to comprehend now, but I'll tell you when the time comes, okay?"

"Yes..." Alicia was still crying, but felt a sense of comfort that eventually calmed her down.

After Alicia had calmed down, Aelia cut straight to the chase:

"Now, you have a choice. You can either reincarnate back to Earth or-”

“No! I don’t want to go back there!” Her response was instant. Anything would be better than returning to the hell she just escaped.

“Then would you rather go somewhere else? I’m feeling nice right now, I could grant you some of your wishes.” 

All Alicia wanted was a family that would care for her. Life wouldn’t be so simple however, and threw her through twists and turns that lead her to where she is now. While it would be reasonable to ask to be reborn to a happy family, a part of her was uncomfortable losing her memories or just experiencing being an infant once again. While the majority of her experiences were bad, it also meant that she cherished those few happy memories more. She was not willing to part with them.

“Somewhere I could live in comfort is my only wish.”

“Thought you would be more greedy. Too uninteresting for my taste though, I’ll add some minor bonuses to make it more fun.” Whatever this goddess was scheming, Alicia did not have a good intuition of it. 

“Please don’t go overboard…”

“Yeah-yeah, have fun.” Before Alicia could react, the goddess Aelia had already created a portal and pushed her in.

“Hey?! Why'd you push me without warn-” Before she could even finish her sentence, she was falling deep and losing consciousness, though she did manage to yell at the goddess one last time for her impulses.

 


"Such an unfortunate soul, fate really had it out for her." 

"Don't worry, you're safe now." 

The goddess looked warmly at Alicia. Soon, she will be transported to the other world.

"Now, who dared to make her suffer like this? They will have pay their debts, one way or another."

"Ah, I just figured out a really cool idea! This is going to be fun." 

...

Just who is this goddess, and why is she going so far for Alicia?

6