23. Born of Deep Grudge
161 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Two-Corner Attack Combination."

The resounding roar. The skeleton's split body.

A tremor runs through the other side of the place. A little away from there, a sword has just split the skeleton's body.

However, a powerful second sword appears, rushing to the other side where the tremor is with a fierce battle cry. The sword's power is such that a second attack is unnecessary; in one slash, it splits the skeleton.

A miraculous dual-attack combination woven by two different sword strikes — no, it's not complete yet.

The sword attack of the unleashed Black Dweller Sword Spirit doesn't settle with just two swords.

"Triangle Chain Attack Delta Accel."

In another direction on the battlefield, the sword effortlessly avoids the skeleton's charge and pierces the enemy's body with a sharp thrusting movement reminiscent of Western swordsmanship.

"Four-Sided Deployment Quadrangle to Five-Sided Suppression Pentagon."

Without even blinking, two swords descend from the sky and overwhelm the skeletons with perfect dual-sword collaboration.

"Six Flowers Hexa Bloom."

In yet another battlefield, the "sixth sword" has just emerged from the black hole, treating the enemy to a real Swallow Reversal, dancing in the sky.

Six swords with six different ultimate techniques of sword schools simultaneously.

The clad copies with blue spiritual power tear through the calcium-filled skeleton like ferocious predators swimming in the great ocean.

And the commander of the army of swords, Mitsukawa Hama herself, is also running around the battlefield, seemingly enjoying beating up the army of bones.

I'm amazed.

It's already super crazy that six swords flying in the sky can move freely, but they are all using different schools of swordsmanship and collaborating with pinpoint accuracy.

It's not about being highly skilled or having a brilliant instructional procedure programmed in; it's beyond that level.

The six flying swords are as free as if they could be called Mitsukawa Hana's avatars.

Six clones, one real body. Frighteningly, on that battlefield now, seven Mitsukawa Hanas are fighting together.

An endless army of bones versus seven Mitsukawa Hanas. It's getting to the point where it's hard to tell which one is the monster.

"It's single-handed massacre on that side."

The situation over there is so clearly decided that it can be summed up in such short words.

Now it's unbelievable that in the game, a monster like Mitsukawa Hana is caught off guard by the creepy stalker. I wonder how this creepy stalker was able to catch the Hana monster.

"Tell me, you creepy stalker."

Of course, there is no response from the creepy stalker before me.

While healing the wounds he suffered earlier with blue flames slowly, he just stares at me without doing anything.

Come to think of it, he's been like that from the beginning.

He keeps waiting patiently within his range, or until he sees an opportunity to ambush, then preys on his weakened opponent. It doesn't change the fact that it's crappy, but being so committed is pretty impressive.

"By making the enemy's attacks useless with regenerative ability and engaging in endurance battle tactics to deplete them, and finally devouring them with the ability to capture — that's why you're called the 'Devourer.' What terrible taste."

I say to him as I understand his tactics and shake my head, wondering what bad taste this guy has.

"If you used a high-level concealment ability and a low-level regeneration ability rather than top-level regenerative ability, then it might be the best way to attack."

"Transforming any adventurer's attack into meaninglessness, neutralizing by any means — probably, you were born from the deep grudges and feelings of inferiority of those spirits that were killed here... How pitiable."

I shake my head as I realize this thing I thought was superior and powerful is just made up of the deep grudges of this place's spirits. Truly disappointing, to think that such a monster could devour Mitsukawa Hana and strike fear into the whole world by the name Shura Princess.

Well, it's still somewhat understandable why this creepy stalker was born.

The Dungeon "Sun Light" is for beginners.

With five layers, the enemies are lower-level spirits like goblins and kobolds, and the bosses aren't particularly strong either.

They are weak overall.

Unable to form contracts, they are endlessly hunted for spirit stones.

Many are obliterated with a single strike, not even given the chance to fight, and are expelled from the dungeon.

They can't endure because they're weak. They're ignored because they're weak. There's no fight because they're weak. They're taken lightly because they're weak.

Certainly, these spirits must have countless regrets and resolutions.

And the rotten accumulation of negative memories indeed rots away, finally transforming into an immortal monster that wields chains of bondage.

"Disappointing." I sigh.

"UAAaaaaaaaaAAAAaaaaaa!!"

What comes back is an unintelligible roar.

He must be angry to hear my words. Well, even if I hadn't said anything, he's an enemy of all humans.

After all, that thing represents the resentment of those who were defeated by adventurers.

Seeking revenge? No, he must think of us humans as mere power-up items, just like how humans think of them.

Either way, the relationship between him and me, an adventurer and a human, is at its worst. And I'm glad it's that way. Although this thing's past justifies its actions, it doesn't mean I will have sympathy. From the start, I thought of him as an evil that brings disaster. But as I fight against him, I have a new thought: if I kill this Devourer, doesn't it mean I've killed something like a big boss?

However, it's disappointing that he is just born from the deep grudges of this place.

Hey, this doesn't mean he isn't strong. He is strong, but if he wasn't born of deep grudges, he might have some intelligence. And if he had some intelligence, then this Devourer might be ten times stronger than he is.

I'm feeling disappointed because he doesn't have intelligence.

Fuck... Why am I feeling disappointed because the enemy isn't stronger than he is?

Just this current Devourer is already strong, and I'm feeling disappointed because he isn't stronger.

Yeah, I have a mental illness. Fuck, just that one near-death experience gave me such an illness.

The Devourer attacks me, and with a swift movement, I save myself. Then I feel spiritual energy.

"Haha, so it's finally complete," I laugh as I feel that my ultimate move has finally been completed.

Yes, the next chapter is the final one in this fight, and then we will move on to Yumi-sama. The chapter will explore how the MC will give her a massage and where he learned the technique.

3