A Strange Encounter: Two Worlds Collide
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Beep beep!" [alarm clock]

Judith wakes up and walks to the bathroom to freshen up. She comes out after taking her bath and brushing her teeth. She looks at the calendar and says, "Yeah, it's Friday," with a smile. She goes down the stairs and meets her mother in the kitchen, preparing breakfast, and her dad at the dining table reading a magazine about buildings.

She sits down, and her mom yells, "Kids, breakfast!" They all respond, "Coming."

Lewis comes down first, wearing his soccer uniform. Gladys follows, on the phone with her best friend Mardy, "She is such a drama queen..." Her mom interrupts, "Gladys, breakfast." Gladys continues on the phone, "....see you later at school, bye."

"Matt, you will be late for school!" Mrs. Miller yells.
"This year's annual science fair is going to be epic," says Matt while descending down the stairs. "What's for breakfast?" asked Mr. Miller.
"Well, scrambled eggs with toast and orange juice," his wife responded, "Today I have a flight to France, be on your best behavior while I am away," she continues.
"Profitez de votre voyage," Matt commented. His mom responded, "Merci Monsieur."
Everyone laughs and enjoys their meal.

After breakfast, their mom left for the airport, and Mr. Miller tells the kids, "Everyone in the car, time for school." On the ride, he spoke to Judith, "clubs selection day, huh? How do you feel, sweetheart?"
"I got to admit, I am a little bit nervous," responded Judith.
"Well, everything is going to be fine. Try to find something that suits you, and if there is any problem, just give me a call, and I would be right over there."
He drops Gladys at Melwood Senior High School.

As for the other three, they attended the same school, Sir Frederick's Junior High School. Sir Frederick's Junior High School was a newly established Junior High School; it had an open field and a gymnasium. The class blocks were separated from the administration, canteen, and Laboratories. Behind the gymnasium was an old big tree, the students called Old Wilson because the school is believed to have been built on a plot of land that belonged to an old man named Wilson.
Their dad drops them off in front of the huge signboard which was written on it, "Sir Frederick's Junior High."

"Wish daddy good luck; I am going for a job interview in a big real estate firm."
They wave him and head towards the main entrance into the lockers. The students were allowed to design their lockers with stickers. Judith's locker had stickers of Rico De Laplus, the musician. She opens her locker to put some books in it. Another girl comes and opens the one next to her; Judith closes her locker and leaves to avoid a conversation with the girl.

Judith's first period, Math. Mr. Williams, the math teacher, addresses the class, "Good morning, class. Today we have a new student. Why don't you introduce yourself?"
The boy stands and says, "Hello everyone, I am George Smith. I am 16, and my family moved here after my dad was offered a new job in this town."
"Okay, George, why don't you sit by erm....erm Judith; there is no one sitting by her."

"I am George, and you might be?"
"Judith....Judith Miller."
"Well, nice to meet you, Judith."

The bell rings for lunch, "Want to have lunch together?" asked George. "No, thank you," responded Judith as she stands and exits the class.

Judith is standing in front of the school's notice board, watching the flyers of the school's clubs and events when a girl walks up.
"Hi, I am ......" interrupted by Judith, "I know who you are, you are Chloe Fitzsimmons, the leader of the cheerleaders, three-time Melwood butterflies pageant winner, and the face of Sir Frederick's Junior High School."
"Thinking of joining the cheerleaders club?"
"Nope, not interested."
"Why?"
"No reason."
"What's your deal?"
"What's my deal........what's my deal! What's your problem? I am just not interested!"
She leaves while everyone in the hallway is staring at her.
"Ouch," exclaims Judith after bumping into Leslie, her crush since the 4th grade, but there is one problem, he is Chloe's boyfriend.

"Sorry."
"No, it is totally my fault."
"Aren't you the girl in my science....."
"Chloe."
"Oh yeah, rough day, huh?"
"My usual....."

Riiiinnnggg! [the school bell]

"There goes the bell, I have Geography, bye."
"See you around, Judith."

They part ways. Judith makes it to her class and sits down. Attention, Attention! [school's speakers]
"Good Afternoon, school, this is your principal speaking; the school soccer team would be having a friendly match against Weyside Junior High later this afternoon. Why don't you all come down here and give those boys a cheer, thank you."
A boy from Judith's class asked, "Isn't your brother in the soccer team?". Another continues, "Yeah, he is the team captain......".
"Settle down.....settle down, class," interrupted by Mr. Dickson, the Geography teacher, "Today we are going to be voyages studying the seas."

"Hey......hey, Judith," the boy sitting behind her passes a paper to her.

"Party at Chloe's place at 7 o'clock," was written on the paper.

She turns the paper then writes on it and passes it back.
"Sure, I would be there."

[The door opens]
"Hi sweetie, how was school?" asked her dad sitting on the couch. "It was ok, dad," replied Judith, "by the way, how did the interview go?" Mr. Miller responded, "I got the job."
"Wow, that's great news."
Lewis follows after her.
"I can't wait to kick those Weyside kids' butts," Lewis says, "Dad could you drive me to the game."
"Sure kiddo," answered his dad.
"Dad, can we stop by the mall? I need new clothes for this party I was invited to."
"Judith, what's wrong with your old clothes?"
"But dad."
"Ok, after the game."

"That was a great game, kiddo." "Next stop the Mall, we can get some ice cream there. What do you think, kids?"
"Yeah!" they responded with joy.

"Wow, an antique shop, let's go in there. I heard you can find all kinds of cool stuff there," exclaimed Lewis.

"Welcome to Mama Adamu's African antique shop, how can I help you?" said the merchant.
"We are just looking at stuff."
"Ok, if there is anything you need, just let me know."

Judith walked down the aisle in the shop, looking at the items. She finds something.

"Wow! What's that stone? It is so shiny," Judith said.
"It's the De-luxy gem; it was found in the 15th century in the kingdom of Nule. The old chiefs of the Nule kingdom used it to switch

bodies with the young men in order to live longer," the merchant replied.
"Yeah, like I am supposed to believe something like that exists."
"Ok, suit yourself."
"So how much is it?"
"It is not for sale."
"Please, my mom's birthday is around the corner, and this seems like a good gift."
"Sorry, but it is not for sale."

"Oh my, look at the time. Judith, let's go and grab the clothes and go," Mr. Miller said.
When the merchant wasn't looking, she grabbed the gem, placed it in her bag, and ran off.

"Just pick something already."
"These are all nice dresses. I can't decide on ....... wait I haven't tried that one."
"Dad, it is getting late, and I am already tired from all that running," says Lewis.

Judith comes out of the changing room in a black dress.

"So what do you think?" Judith says anxiously.
"It's perfect, it matches your eyes. You look like your mom the first time we kissed on our very first date," her dad responded.
"Eww!" exclaimed the kids.

They get home, and Judith runs upstairs to prepare for the party.

"Judith, let's go already!" Mr. Miller yells from downstairs.
"I'm coming, dad."
"Hey guys! I will be back soon to prepare dinner right after dropping your sister at this party, and while I am gone, Chloe is in charge."
"Sure, dad!" they all responded.

Mr. Miller and Judith arrive at the party. There is music playing loudly, and a lot of teenagers are in the house.

"Have fun, honey. If there's anything, call me."
"Sure, I will."

Mr. Miller drives away. Judith walks towards the house on the front lawn.
She rings the doorbell, and George Smith opens the door from the inside.
"Hi."
"Hello, how are you doing?"
"I am good."
"Well, why don't you come inside?"
"Yeah, sure.....Erm, where is the bathroom?"
"Up the stairs, second door on your left."
"Thanks."

Judith goes upstairs and opens the second door on her left. It's actually Chloe's room, and Judith sees Chloe sitting on her bed.

"Oh, it's you from earlier this afternoon, sorry about what happened. I shouldn't have imposed it on you," Chloe said to Judith.
"No, it's totally my fault. I shouldn't have burst out like that in front of everyone."
"No worries, but what brings you here?"
"I was actually looking for the bathroom."
"Well, this is definitely not the bathroom."
"Yh I guess."
"The door right opposite you."

As Judith turns to the next room, she hits the door, and her bag falls on the floor, with all the items falling on the floor.

"Clumsy me," says Judith with a chuckle.
"Don't sweat it."
"Let me help you with your bag," suggested Chloe.

Chloe picks up the gem from the floor.
"This looks expensive. Did you steal it?"
"Give it back, and no, I didn't steal it. The gem is for my mom."

Judith attempts to snatch the gem out of Chloe's hands. They both touch it at the same time, and.........

0