Chapter 2
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Img-Creator-ai-Black-haired-Busty-and-Tall-Lady-Red-colored-eyes-Shirt-and-Jeans-City-Background.png

(Joanne’s POV : Night before the Country-wide World Transference)

 

“Jo, tell us about how you met Iz.”

 

When was it that I met Iz? I think it was in the same computer shop where he works right now. I’m sure he doesn’t remember the past that much since he’s so forgetful, but I do, and vividly like it just happened yesterday.

 

It was 12 years ago that I first met him. My first impression of him is that he’s a studious-but-not-really kid. How should I explain this? 

 

So, he had an assignment that day and needed to go to the shop to use the internet. I was so shocked to find him so efficient in his work, you wouldn’t believe that he’s a child. And he told me that no one taught him how to use the computer and the browser, he just observed the other customers when first came there and found out the other nitty-gritty details through trial and error.

 

And for what reason did he finish his homework that fast? “I want to watch anime, and I can’t enjoy it if I have homework” that’s what he said. I burst out laughing that time because his reason is so stupid in my ears.

 

You know most of the kids our age in the area don’t want to do our homework, and we would ran away from home and play outside. But Iz is so serious and awkward, to do just that.

 

Maybe because of that we became friends. I think I wanted this boy to come out and play with me.

 

So we did just that. We would play hide and seek, it, (tamaang-tao)dodgeball, and basketball. Sometimes we would play FPS games in the shop like Crossfire, Point Blank, or Counter Strike. 

 

Hmm, what else? Oh, there’s this time when I absolutely got annoyed about him. Not to toot my own horn but I think I’m one of the most beautiful girls in our area. Glossy black hair like the night sky, ruby-colored eyes that draw in those who gaze at them, and a face so fair, even the goddesses would envy me. That’s how he described it, but he didn’t look at me like the other guys who had a crush on me.

 

And this is why I got annoyed at him: He said all of that but it’s clear to me that he wasn’t interested in those. I know because his eyes would always sparkle and there’s always liveliness in his otherwise sleepy face when he talked about anime and manga! 

 

I cried that day and ran away to go home and we didn’t talk for almost a week. Why is the boy I like the only one I can’t charm? Why does it have to be that dolt who only talks about anime and anything related to it? Why does that weird guy have to be the one I fell in love with?

 

When was it that I truly fell in love with him? 

 

I think it’s when we were still attending the same school in elementary. He’s in 6th grade while I’m in 1st grade. I just transferred because there’s no elementary school in our area. The kids from the other areas of our barangay bullied me because of the combination of my dark red eyes and black hair. They called me names, hid my things, and other stuff. But it all stopped when he found out about it. I didn’t know what he did, however I knew it was something amazing, that’s one thing I'm sure of.

 

“You totes love him, huh?”

 

“But isn’t he, like, the guy in the grapevine? That sadistic guy who enjoys hurtin’ his mom?”

 

Oh, gosh. Those good-for-nothing gossips, ugh. *sigh~*

 

There’s truth to that but there was another side to that story…

 

Iz’ adoptive mother isn’t like what people thought she may be. That old crone is a two-faced, self-centered bitch. Iz told those close to him to never spread this info because he didn’t want her image besmirched. But if it’s like this then I think it’s okay.

 

Remember when we saw her screaming and shrieking in front of the variety store near the mango tree by the First Tree Court? That store owner, among the countless ones who tried to help her, but was deemed a “sinner”? Iz said that just because the owner disagreed with her nonsensical opinion, that madwoman hurled curses and various abuses at her even though the owner helped her big-time. We also asked her about it, and what Iz said matches with what she said.

 

And most of those who formerly helped her out suffered from such things. That tyrant oppresses the freedom of speech of everyone she comes across. Iz always complained to us how he and his adoptive father became yes-men in their home.

 

Yet, the majority of the people in this area knew of her as a “saint”. God, if only they knew the truth. Those recipients of her fake kindness, unbeknownst to them, the “saint” who had done such charitable deeds always mocked them to high heaven as well as their relatives. Even their neighbors sometimes hear her say such things.

 

And then because he can’t stand such things anymore, Iz resorted to physically teaching her a lesson, like what her adoptive mother did to him when he’s still a kid. 

 

“Hey, girls, see this—”

 

“Girls, it’s time to sleep. Head to bed and have a beauty rest”

 

We all nodded and got to our respective beds, but there's this foreboding feeling deep in my chest. It’s like something is warning me of some great danger.

 

But, I can’t help but be worried for Iz instead: “Oh God, please keep Iz safe from whatever disaster might occur.” That’s the thought inside my head before I slept, foolish enough to worry about the man I adore.

 

Instead of myself who’s in greater danger. However, the events of the following day would prove: As long as Iz is alive, there’s nothing I have to worry about. That’s how deep my trust is in him.

 

***

 

And the day of the Philippines’ World Transference came. Many things had changed as the whole country was transported to another world, one of them being the number of moons visible in the sky, which increased to seven. The sudden appearance of six additional moons left them in awe and wonder. The new celestial bodies illuminated the sky before the sun rose, casting an ethereal glow over the transformed landscape.

 

However, the biggest change was this:

 

Welcome to this whole new world, Filipinos of Earth!

 

Since 12:00 midnight Philippine Standard Time, due to unknown reasons, the entire Philippines has been sent to our world, Erse. To give you time to acclimate to our new world, for 12 hours from 6:00 in the morning until 6:00 in the evening, hordes of monsters will appear in waves, getting stronger with each passing hour. As most of you have not yet been "Baptized" in a "Church", with the exception of those who have caught the eyes of the Gods, the level of the monsters will be toned down a bit. Please try to survive.

 

With the announcement and its game-like appearance telling them about the coming catastrophe in a few hours, they were baffled and unsure of what to make of it. The announcement warned of impending danger and urged everyone to prepare for the unknown.

 

As people scrambled to gather supplies and make sense of the situation, rumors and speculation spread like wildfire. Some believed it was a government experiment gone wrong, while others thought it was a divine punishment for humanity's sins. Regardless of the origin, one thing was clear: the world as they knew it was about to change forever

; rather it had changed already.

 

Once the clock hit 6:00 o’ clock, goblins, monsters with child-like stature but cruel and menacing features, appeared out of nowhere. Their piercing red eyes and sharp claws struck fear into the hearts of those who witnessed their arrival. The streets became a chaotic battleground as people fought to protect themselves and their loved ones from these unexpected creatures. It was a surreal nightmare that no one could have ever imagined, and the fight for survival had only just begun.

 

The goblins weren't strong enough to defeat the Filipinos, in accordance with what had been stated in the announcement, nor were they numerous enough to do so. Despite the initial shock, their determination to protect their homeland fueled their resistance against the goblins.

 

But this is just the tutorial stage. Unlike the first wave's goblins, the monsters in the second wave were far more powerful and cunning. This wave consists of different monsters, such as kobolds, orcs, and other common mobs in games and anime, that pose an even greater threat to the Filipinos. The intensity of the battle escalated as their weapons proved ineffective against these stronger foes.

 

And on the other hand, while the other parts of the Philippines faced the unforgiving horde of monsters, in the CALABARZON Region, City of Kabuyaw, Second Tree Village and Riverside Area… 

 

Where’s the second wave? was the thought in the minds of those living there. They had anticipated a similar but much worse experience than the first wave, but the sudden absence of the second wave left them on edge and unsure of what was to come. The eerie silence that followed only added to their growing unease and heightened their anticipation for the next encounter. 

 

Then, half an hour had passed since the first wave, and instead of monsters, it was a group of men clad in black and red cyberpunk armor that emerged. Their futuristic appearance sent a shiver down the residents' spines as they realized that this encounter was unlike anything they had expected.

 

"We're the Order of Darkness and Our Liege was the reason for the absence of this second wave. In his magnanimity, we’re here to bring you to an evacuation center in First Tree Village."

 

Asvarani, their leader, spoke with a commanding voice, her words echoing through the quiet streets. If this “Liege” of theirs happened to see this, it is likely that the poor man would pull his hair out while crying bitter tears. It seems the two’s earlier agreements were only effective when they were in a private setting as Ava showed her fealty to her Lord.

 

The residents exchanged nervous glances, unsure whether to trust these mysterious figures or to flee and face the dangers that lurked outside their homes. However, with no other options in sight, they reluctantly followed the Order of Darkness, hoping that safety awaited them in First Tree Village.

 

There were a few problems, as some villagers, being Filipinos that they are, prioritized their material belongings over their own lives. They clung onto their possessions like disgusting chewing gum stuck to the sole of your shoe, refusing to leave their homes and risking their lives for the unknown. Despite the fact that the Order didn't give a damn, as Their Liege had ordered them - more like asked them, but that’s how they wanted it - so they employed "moderate" - that hurt like hell - force to bring those idiots to safety.

 

And bit by bit, the residents in the Second Tree Village and Riverside Area were brought to First Village's Dungeon evacuation center. The entrance to this safe place in another dimension might be a bit goosebumps-inducing, what with the dungeon master’s short sightedness and focus on aesthetics of a dungeon, but it provided a secure refuge from the impending disaster, so that’s okay. The evacuation center was equipped with ample supplies and resources to sustain the villagers until it was safe to return to their homes.

 

The evacuation of the residents was progressing smoothly, but as is par for the course in life, not everything goes smoothly. As the last of the evacuees were on their way to the center, which included Joanne, disaster struck.

In the blink of an eye, they were surrounded by humanoid creatures too nightmarish for words. None of them looked the same, as the monsters had animalistic features on their bodies or looked like beasts of hell incarnate, while the others had parts of their bodies bigger than they were supposed to be. And the others were like these monsters, whose entire body was just a huge bloodshot eye with wings.

 

However, even though the ones mentioned above were enough to make a grown man beg for mercy in terror, they pale in comparison to the one with the most human-like appearance among them. Although they had wings, horns, and tails, and their skin color had a red-orange hue, at least they looked handsome enough that some people might mistake him for a cosplayer. Emphasis on the “look,” though, as that is where the eye candy stops because the aura he gave off made the one felt by the First Tree villagers from the second wave monsters look cute instead of life-threatening.

 

“Oi, Hero, come and show ya self.If ya don’t, some of these weakling humas would die, kekekekekeke!”

 

And the moment he opened his mouth to talk like a third-rate hooligan, his looks were wasted on this person—correction, demon. Although there might be women out there with bad taste in men, those who are satisfied as long as a man has a charming face.

 

Damn it, Demon! If you didn’t dare show yourself at this moment, My Liege would be sure to shower me with lots of praise!

 

Mr. Demon, could you please not show up when I’m this close to seeing Iz?

 

Shit, we’re screwed... was the thought in the minds of those in the Order and the evacuees, save for two women, one fanatical retainer and the other whose head was full of roses at the moment.

 

Unlike the monsters from the first and second waves, Demons were on another level entirely, as they were a part of the intelligent races in this world and were smart enough to be reasoned with, although they were a bit too barbaric and greedy in nature. Their danger level could be seen in their bodies, as the coloration of their skin indicates the concentration of Mana inside them. The majority of the demons surrounding them were red-skinned, the weakest demon there is; however, they are still on Rank F, indicating how strong demons are as a race. While the human-like demon with the red-orange skin was a Rank E demon.

 

Ah, Fuuuuuck! Where’s that motherfucking Hero!? The Hero’s still weak enough to be mistaken for a common Huma! If that overly cautious commander hadn’t ordered me around to search for a weakling Hero, I would have enjoyed myself with the humas we had caught in this city!

 

It wasn’t just humans that were facing a conundrum in this encounter. The Rank-E demon was searching frantically for the Hero but wasn’t having any luck. No matter how he searched, there’s no way for him to know since there isn’t any way for the Hero to know that they are one with the absence of the “Churches” in the Philippines and therefore level up or rank up. The monsters in the past and coming waves were also not strong enough to raise their rank or level to the point where they would acquire the Unique Skill Hero’s Aura.

 

Furthermore, why are there Dark Humas in this place? Is there a Summoner Champion here? Arrrghh! Dammit!

 

Just like the Order, the demon was also confused by their presence here. The demon wondered if their arrival was a coincidence or if there was a deeper reason behind it. It pondered whether there really was a Summoner Champion in this city who had summoned them or if it was merely a twist of fate. Regardless, the demon knew that their presence would undoubtedly disrupt their plans in this place.

 

"Argh, Whatever! Oi, you lot! Kill them!"

 

Annoyed, the demon commanded its minions to attack the Dark Humas protecting the group and find the Hero. It was determined to eliminate any potential threats and ensure the mission's success in this city, at least. The demon's minions, fueled by their master's orders, lunged forward with fierce and relentless aggression. As the battle ensued, the demon watched with a sinister grin, confident in its minions' ability to overpower and annihilate their enemies.

 

“Men! Be mindful of your Mana Bullets and MP! Suppress incoming hostiles with controlled bursts of fire as we retreat to the evac area! Move!”

 

RAT-TA-TAT. RAT-TA-TAT. RAT-TA-TAT.

 

The Dark Humas, however, proved to be formidable foes, confirming the demons' caution toward the Order of Darkness. The demon's minions were forced back by their Mana Rifles’ intense barrage and coordinated attacks, struggling to maintain the safety of the civilians.

 

Bursts of Mana Bullets kept the enemy occupied as the battlefield was filled with blood and mangled demon flesh. The demons were decreasing in number as the fight grew more intense as the Order grew closer to safety. 

 

But this doesn’t mean they were out of the woods yet. The strength of the demons exceeded the expected danger level of the enemy that the Order had anticipated. Yes, none of the Order nor the evacuees had suffered not even a bit of damage from the monsters. However, the only thing that made this encounter fair was the Dark Humas Mana Rifle which had enough firepower to down enemies several ranks stronger than them. Once their mana bullets were exhausted as well as their MP, they were just helpless sheeps waiting to be preyed upon by wolves. Without anything to change the tides of this battle, their deaths were becoming more and more certain.

 

And then the evacuees disappeared without a trace, like bubbles in the sky. Those from the Order smiled knowing who had done such a thing. It was none other than their Liege, the Dungeon Master, Isao.

 

It appears the heavens favors these valiant heroes as their grueling efforts to make sure no harm befell the civilians that they were escorting.

 

HUH!? WHERE THE FUCK DID THOSE HUMAS GO!?

 

No matter where he frantically turned his head, the demon couldn't find any trace of the evacuees. It was as if they had never been there at all. The demons’ confusion grew, wondering if their sudden disappearance was a result of the Humas' Summoner's Recall magic or if something more unknown was at play.

 

However, there was someone who was left behind in the scene. A young woman who’s quite tall with the right curves in the right places. She was black and her eyes were ruby-colored. Isao’s friend, Joanne De Rizal. And in the eyes of the demons, an enemy that could spell their demise, the Hero. She had no Hero’s Aura, but there’s something faint that the demons found disgusting. Traces of the divine power of those who rule this world, the Gods.

 

Why did the Dungeon’s System reject the Hero’s teleportation inside its Dungeon? In this world there were two sides vying for supremacy: Chaos and Order. Since the events that started this never ending war, these two were always on each other’s throat. This is not to say that the Dungeons were aligned with Chaos, however.

 

There were groups and individuals that could be said to be “Neutral”, and Gods who created the Dungeon System could be said to be part of them. These “Facilities” as the Gods like to call it were places that utilized the Mana Veins to create training grounds for both sides. And whoever takes control of a Dungeon’s Core could put it under their Faction’s control. So in short, the Dungeon did not recognize the Hero as part of the Neutral’s due to the Gods of Order’s Blessing.

 

"FIND YOU!!!"

 

The demon grinned maniacally as he finally located their target, the Hero, who could be considered to be the nemesis of all demons. Not caring about the missing villagers, it commanded its minions to attack with even more ferocity, without regard to whether they died or survived this encounter.

 

Maintaining composure in spite of the increased pressure, the Order of Darkness quickly realized that they needed to do their best to protect the Hero and stop the demon's rampage. They knew that defeating the demons would be easier said than done, but failing their lord was not an option.

 

However, their grim determination turned out to be fruitless, as they did not notice the demon swooping in from the sky, due to the effective distraction made by its minions. They were keeping a watchful eye since the start of the encounter, and the Order's advanced technology due to their races' natural affinity for magic engineering and warfare gave them a chance to fight evenly against the demons, yet the difference in stats between Ranks and Races couldn't just be ignored. In just a single instant, the Hero was already dead, with a hole as large as an arm in her body and lying in a pool of her own blood.

 

With their mission done, the demons left the battlefield, leaving behind a trail of despair. The men didn't know what to do once Their Liege found out that they let someone of great importance, such as the Hero, die due to their incompetence. With a heavy heart and a sense of impending doom, they prepared themselves for the wrath and punishment that awaited them. The weight of their failure hung heavily on their shoulders. Knowing that they had not only lost a valuable ally but also jeopardized the fate of the village, Ava ordered her men to retrieve the young woman's corpse; however, before they could do so, it vanished.

1