Prologue
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Liam! please open your eyes!!! Liam I beg you! you are The First, please you have to wake up!! Liam please!! Arcadia still needs you!!

A woman in a white dress, which flowed with her every move, kneeled near the man. Her dress was stained with crimson, ripped in some parts, and entirely covered in dirt and mud.

an unbearable pain the man had, he couldn't open his eyes, he couldn't see clearly that the woman was ready to use all her energy to keep him alive, he couldn't see how her eyes were pools of beauty, deep and inviting, yet tinged with an undeniable desperation that echoed with each blink. They held a haunting longing, as if searching for something just beyond her reach, and yet they glimmered with a fierce resilience that refused to give up the fight.

Liam lay motionless, his chest bearing three deep wounds from the sword. His breathing was labored, and his body was growing weaker by the second, as if the very essence of life was slipping away from him.

With a gentle touch, the woman lifted her hands to Liam's chest, where three sword wounds marred his skin. As she tensed her fingers, a luminous emerald-green light burst forth from her injured palms, radiant as the sun's golden beams, and filled the air with a mystical glow.

Liam swept away her hands

-Don't, you will spend all your energy...for nothing.

Despite the intense pain throbbing through his body, he tried to force the words out of his mouth

-No! i can do it! I still have a little in me, we still have a chance.

The woman quickly got rid of his hands and put hers on his chest again trying to use the power.

-Seris stop! it's pointless. - Liam murmured, and looked at the wounds, then looked up at her again and lowered his voice.

-You and Persi have same eyes. i have always loved your eyes...it reminded me of the spring, you know... - Liam coughed as he tried to lift his chest a little to get closer to her. - when the winter close its doors and-

The woman slowly wiped her tears away and with a soothing and shaky voice told Liam

- You could use those poetic words before, when you had time. Liam chuckled and looked at her again.

-I'm glad you chose me Seris, i'm so grateful that i got to meet you, fight with you and -

-i know, i know Liam.

And as the the seconds went, as the air in the abandoned, destroyed building wandered around them, Seris was slowly giving up, she was getting used to losing people she loved the most. She was going to be alone again. Her heart was going to be without any spark again. That was what Liam was to Seris. He was the one who could fire up her heart. Who could give light to her.

But what was Seris to Liam?

''A green chrysanthemum burning in the darkness of the night'' He would answer. Liam loved chrysanthemums very much. It wasn't something that captured his attention before, neither in his childhood nor in his youth. But when he awoke on the second day in Arcadia, a vase of chrysanthemums with exquisite ornaments stood by his bedside, brought by Seris. Seris had also brought Liam to the infirmary.

-It was your gift that opened my eyes and heart to their splendor. -- Liam whispered after going through his memories and leaving Seris in question.

-You have to save Arcadia, I couldn't do it...You can. He continued struggling to get the words out. - Maybe...maybe you are The First, don't let them destroy such an enchanting place...everyone must see the heart of Arcadia - Liam cough with blood that spilled on his shirt. - E-everyone must feel the m-magic of it.

Seris's heart got faster, breathing got quicker and the seconds got closer.

-Liam!! no please no!! don't leave me!! i beg you please don't leave me!!

Seris's hands trembled as they quickly reached for his face in wonder.

-Seris...You are the only woman that i have...have loved, deeply...truly i--

His voice trailed off, and his hand went limp in hers. Seris stared at him in horror, realizing that he was gone. He had died in the middle of confessing his love to her, and she was left with the memory of his final words, cut off in mid-sentence.

Tears streamed down her face as she gazed at him, knowing that he would never speak again. The silence of his passing was all-encompassing, the only sound in the world the pounding of her heart as she mourned the loss of the man she loved.

~oh my ~ oh my~ isn't this a legendary The First?

A dark Shadow raised behind her, and with every step it got closer to her.

~Wait...don't tell me that he is draining from the blood...or did he already?~ that is The First we all have heard the stories about...what a pity.

Said the Shadow with no worry in his voice but with a deep terrorizing sound that was already almost celebrating victory in subconscious.

Seris wasn't hearing any of his words, she was just kneeled down looking at the dark wall, soulless and Liam's head in her lap, constantly caressing his hair.

~isn't he's the one that that killed the whole Royale guard? wasn't he the one who prevented me from entering here so much...

Shadow placed a hand on the petrified and unconscious Seris's shoulder and brought his lips to her ear.

~The one who's love took hold of your heart completely.

As the cruel words hung in the air, Seris's emotions began to boil within her. Rage, anger, and disgust all started to build up, threatening to overwhelm her. The memory of the injustice done to her and her loved ones came flooding back, and the desire for revenge burned hotter than ever before. Her hands balled into fists, and she struggled to control the intense emotions that coursed through her.

~oh~~ and let's not forget about your loving Persi, as i have heard he didn't left in peace.

Shadow continued talking in whisper and wispy voice.

-his last minutes were a struggle...as far as i know cutting the tendons made him feel the pain all the way...and oh my god! i also heard how he was begging for mercy before slitting his throat! ''No please~~~~don't kill me!!! i beg you!! I will do everything for you pleasee!!!! i beg you!!!! - Shadow mimicked little boys words 

~poor kid...i hope the last twelve years spent with him was sweet.

Shadow came out of the darkness. His bloodshot eyes were no longer threatening to Seris. She lost herself completely after hearing her son's story, involuntarily thinking about Persi being down on his knees, how he was begging for mercy, as if she could feel the beating of his little heart that was stopped by the slip of a knife, oh how she wanted...how she wanted Persi to do what she asked...how she wanted to hear him again...how she wanted to see him again...to hear his voice...to see his little smile.

-as it turned out, he was also an ordinary coward who asked for mercy in the last minutes instead of helping his mother, isn't that right?~~

-Don't you dare...speaking about my son!

Seris swung her hand towards the target, right at his heart, The Shadow still didn't move as if he was waiting for her hand to touch his chest, Seris got surprised but still didn't give in, finally her maddened fire reached his chest and went straight inside him, her eyes got wider, her breath was taken away. She did it, it was Seris who was able to do it, even she couldn't believe it, her mind slowly brightened.

The Shadow vanished into the air, dissipating like a smoke leaving behind a trail of black ash that clung to Seris

She couldn't believe her eyes, ash went behind her and took a human form.

~ohhhh my god Seris!!! why do you never learn?! - frustrated, he cut off her knees.

Seris fell to the ground scream in both surprise and pain. He rolled her over onto her back.

-Where the hell is Arcadia's heart.

How did he got the magic???!!!!

-...Only after my dead body.

He closed his mouth in anger and lowered his head.

-Holly gods...Why you?? - Do you realize that i can easily get into your head right now?? It only takes me two seconds to do this! and i will understand everything! and then i will get rid of you like an used dead pawn!

-I'm giving you a choice Seris! either you will let me in or i'm going to use a force.

Seris couldn't hold back her tears, anger, hatred, pain, grief and sadness suffocated her to the end. What was the point, she lost everything...two beloved people, the place where she was born and grew up. And magic, the thing she loved from birth, the thing that made her different. She didn't have a purpose anymore, what could she live for? what could she be dedicated to? Why should she continue protecting? was there anything in this world? for her? nothing more. nothing at all. The world has treated her cruelly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-I heared her voice again!!

-Persi i'm telling you, you are imagining, let it go.

-But i'm telling you! she has the most beautiful voice i have ever heard, like a silky voice which is trying to say something.

-And you know what i'm telling you? that you have a little crush on that voice!

-What. No mum! She is asking me something! Everytime!

-is that the girl you saw at the heart lately?

-no...i told you i only see her in my dreams...

-but you don't tell me what she looks like.

-because i don't know either, when i'm trying to see her face, she hides behind the Holy Tree or goes inside it.

-My little psychic come here!

-No! stop tickling me!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Liam It's nice to meet you!

-What are you doing?

-um...trying to shake your hand?

-Why are you trying to shake my hand? Stop laughing!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Mom what if something bad happened?

-what?

-Nothing bad will happen buddy! if it did we are here to protect you!

-Persi, listen to me, if something bad really happens, run, run as fast as you can, never look back, just run far away, you can go through a barrier, find The Outsiders and protect yourself, do you hear me? when you start running, you immediately forget about your past, Arcadia, Liam and me, the moment you run will the beginning of your new life. Never look back, just run do you hear me?

-but mom...

-Persi! hear what i'm telling you!

-mom, you would not disappear...right? you will try to live, right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~So Seris, have you decided?

Seris wanted to wipe her tears away, but she coulnd't move from the pain, her memories were mixing together. Oh how she wanted to leave her life...but she couldn't, how she wanted to never meet Liam, how she wanted to never have Persi, so she woulnd't feel the loss that was eating her inside. How she wanted to be someone else for the first time.

~Looks like you have decided, okay Seris, see you On The Other Side.

Shadow didn't hesitate any longer and brought his hands to Seris eyes to get into her head. Seris chuckled and with a surprise he stopped his hands in the air.

-You are the only one leaving today...and you are pathetic.

Seris hands were enveloped in an eerie green light that pulsed with an otherworldly energy as she pressed them to her eyes. In a sudden burst of power, flames erupted from her eyes, blazing with an intensity that burned away her pupils and left her face seared with pain. Despite the agony, Seris remained resolute, knowing that this sacrifice was necessary to defeat the Shadow and protect The Heart she decided to save in the beginning.

~No no no! no! no! - Take your hands off! Seris what are you doing!!! stop!!! - The shadow tried with all its might to stop Seris from burning her eyes but it was already too late...he was finally on the verge of defeat.

-Damn it Seris!!! - She was consumed by unbearable pain as the green flames poured from her eyes, she screamed in agony, the sound piercing the air and echoing off the dark, grey walls. The pain was relentless, unyielding, and it felt as though her very being was being torn apart by the flames.

The Shadow realized that he was closer to losing and let go of Seris's hands. Seris stopped screaming and breathing as well. The fire faded from her hands and only light remained, she reached for her wounded legs to heal them, the light began to travel over the muscles behind her knees and inward, she felt numb as her wounds healed. The Shadow was still on the ground who seemed to await his fate.

Seris looked awful without her eyes, she tried getting up with almost healed legs, but didn't managed it completely, she crawled to Liam's soulless cold body in the dark. seeing only emptiness, but still feeling The Shadows aura. She ripped the black material of Liam's shirt and wrapped it over her eyes.

-Sorry love, i'm going to need that. - She whispered to herself like she knew he could hear her on the other side.

She turned to the shadow, her wounds were completely healed and was feeling like a reborn.

Seris got up and imagined their presence, looking at their faces, observing their expressions, she wanted to know that they were still there,  but imagination was all she had left. She studied the room from her memory, loosing the sight has given her opportunity to deepen her other abilities. She guessed where the The Shadow sat while sensing his dark and defeating aura, sensed the Liam's empty body. Only thing she could not imagine was what would happen now, her mind thinking about future was limiting...because she sensed that just in a few minutes she would fall and faint.

And so it happened. 

''The Holy Tree, heart of Arcadia has been lost, and its magic has vanished within the people. Stay vigilant, for dark times are coming."

The words coldly echoed throughout the Arcadia.


BAM! let's see how far cringe this will go.

0