Chapter 2
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
"It's time to go, Fey."
"Can't you hear anything, Alicia?"
Cousin looked around in wonder, trying to give it an ear.
"I don't. It's time to go."
Fey faced her and avoided eye contact.
"Listen, I know it's hard for you, but don't worry. I will explain everything to Leyla so she won't be mad. You need to continue taking medications, Fey, for yourself and for the people around you, okay?"
Alicia smiled with sincerity and waited for Fey's response. Fey knew she was sick, but she was sick by herself. She wouldn't do anything to harm other people; she wouldn't dare. Her heart would never allow that. The only reason she stopped taking meds was because she wanted to see Mary and feel her touch. Mary would give her a sense of hope, and she was the only one who could cure her of loneliness. Fey never had someone close to her, no friends. Leyla hated her, and her cousins only looked at her as someone to care for, to nanny, to babysit, not as a person or a peer. No matter what Fey did, they remained looking at her that way. But Mary was always with her, talking to her, hugging and assuring her. It was 2009 when Mary left the real world and moved to Fey's imagination. The cause of death? It's too early to say. Fey will tell us herself. After Alicia's words, Fey looked at her sweet sister, who was smiling and probably telling her to listen to her cousin just by the way she looked at her.
"I forgot my jacket in the forest; I'll go look for it."
"It's no big deal, Fey. We will get you a new one. Let's go."
"Alicia... It was Mary's; I will go look for it."
Alicia took a step back and hesitated. "I will come with you."
"No, I promise I won't run away. It's nearby, you will be able to see me. Please just let me go alone."
Alicia took a deep breath. "Okay, don't go far from my sight."
Every time someone would say something similar to this, Fey had an urge to either cry or yell. But after some time, she managed to control that. Still, some parts were screaming so loud behind her heart. As she started to look for the dark blue crocheted jacket that was the only thing Fey had left from Mary, the sky changed its look. Clouds were getting grey, the air cleared, and felt colder. Leaves were dancing with each other to the sound of the breeze. Fey caught a glimpse of her cardigan and took it from the grass. Strains. Of. Violin. "Not now, please," She was on the point of begging. She looked around in search of the source, to know where the sound was coming from, and so she followed. She could no longer see Alicia, the cars, kids; she went lost in the sight of the forest. As the music of the violin haunted her with every step, the sound of waves appeared out of nowhere, just like she heard two days ago, with the same melody and sound. It was like they were trying to say something to her. Some part of Fey's mind was telling her that it was one of those episodes. The thing was, she always was aware of such moments; she could distinguish reality from imagination that her brain pulled. But this? This was far from imagination; this was as real as her. Besides the doubts, fear, and stress, her heart was seeking curiosity. Where was the sound of the violin coming from? The sound of waves? Why was the light of the sun following her like it was showing her a path to follow? As she looked up and went forward, suddenly she fell as hard as Alice fell into the rabbit hole. "Ugh, what the hell..." Fey groaned loudly as the pain roamed in every bit of her body. The walls were covered in strange, luminescent moss The smell was as fresh as newly rained grass. she started looking around and realized that she wasn't on solid ground anymore.
The fall had led her into a hole that resembled a cave, but it was unlike any cave. It felt more like a tunnel leading to something.
She tried to stand up and assess her surroundings. Waves.
The sound of waves had grown more pronounced, and it no longer felt like she was underwater. Instead, it seemed like she was in the right place as if the splashes of water were guiding her. She decided to follow the sound.
With each step, the sound became clearer and more inviting. Fey's curiosity overpowered her fear, and she pressed on. The cave-like tunnel eventually opened up into a larger chamber, and there it was: The whole wall covered in glimmering water shimmered like a mirror reflecting some kind of painting.
Without thinking, Fey approached the peculiar sight. Was this a hallucination?
Did she faint and now dreaming?
Did she forget to take the pills?
Did she take too many pills?
Is she dead?
is she alive but in a coma? She peered into it, her eyes widened in astonishment. On the other side, she saw a breathtaking scene—large moving clouds, with a sun that shined the brightest. She focused with even more determination. A magnificent castle with blue turrets gracefully adorned the sky, around the castle, the moss clung to its grey stones like a rustic companion, enriching its majestic presence with an earthy charm. Fey couldn't tear her eyes away from the water that was waving like a peaceful ocean, she was captivated by the world she saw within it.
A gentle breeze rushed out from the water. Fey's heart raced with excitement, anxiety, and temptation.
The strange thing was noticeable when it interrupted her fascination. a slight outline of a figure was moving in front of a tree that was making Fey's mind unable to recognize what it was. More Hallucination? A person? The hallucination of a person? In seconds other figures appeared, not one but now at least ten. some being bigger than the other, some being small. One of them even has more than two legs. Fey felt like she was watching the television, but this time she could interact with it. She thinks.
This is all real.
The water on the wall of the cave. Is real.
The breeze coming out of it. Is real.
Figures are moving.
Despite the fastened heartbeat and terrifying chill, she felt like something was pulling her in.
The sound.
The sound of waves.
The sound of Violin.
Playing all this time.
No, She's hallucinating. She could be knocked out by the fall. She needs something to wake her up. Despite those, should she leap into this mysterious world or stay safe in the familiarity of her own troubled life?
''Take the chance Fey-Fey.''
A caring voice suddenly came to Feys' ears. Now everything felt calmer. Fear was no longer in charge of her.
She looked around in the hope of seeing her to fully relax, but this time it was only her voice.
''It is a hallucination, Mary.''
''You trust me right?''
''I don't. You are part of my subconscious''
''Then trust your subconscious, trust yourself, for only this time.''
Fey took one last hesitating look to the gate of the strange realm.
''You were created for a reason, you are called for a reason, you must find it Fey''
A sudden rush of anger came to her.
''everyone is telling me the same thing i'm tired!! It's just a hallucination!!!''
''Take the chance'' Mary continued in a serene voice.
''Leave me alone!!!!''
Fey closed her eyes and tried to brush off the voice.
''Just leave me!!!''
''Take the chance.''
''No!!!''
''Take the chance.''
Restlessness.
Anxiety.
Fear.
Curiosity.
Braveness. cowardice.
''Take the chance!!!''
One last yell and all Fey could remember was how warm the water was.
Even though she felt every drop, she remained strangely dry, untouched by the moisture. The air, and breeze became more intense, cold. the symphony of waves and violins competed for dominance,
Amidst this harmonious struggle, new sounds emerged—mumbling voices, leaves gracefully dancing with the air. The voices became to sound. real. not like how Mary sounded to Fey, no, she sounded superficial, man-made. But those voices, they felt like how she and Alicia talked, how Alicia and Nick talked.
''Fey!!!!''
''Fey Where Are You!''
A familiar voice was heard behind her.
No denying it was Alicia.
This is all real.
This feels real.
This sounds real.
Alicia's panicked and wispy yelling was covered by the more mature, calm, and terrifying sound of the woman she dreams of.
''The Third Is The Only one, She must be found.''
''Fey!''
''We don't know Where is she, we don't know who is she, does she even exist?!'' Masculine voice made its presence.
''She will find it herself.''
''Seris!! we don't have enough time! she doesn't exist! Let me just do the job.''
''You are not meant to!''
''Are you going to trust her if she appears? really? after the last time?? or what about before that?? you failed both times!''
''Her name's Fey.''
The sudden mention of the first name overwhelmed her because of the weight that women put on it. Was it desperation that she linked to the name? Was it hopelessness? How did she know her? why was she saying her name so strangely?
''She will be able to find her. I know it.''
“We have been waiting for a long time Seris, I can't just stand here and wait for the terror and cruelty that the time will bring us soon. I'm sorry.''
The surrender and voices fade away. Even though some part of her believed all of this, most of her still considered it a hallucination. her conscience was ready to open its eyes and realize that she'd been sleeping all along, she was just waiting for the time to end.
As the sounds, voices, perception of the figures mixed and met their peak.
an ethereal touch started from her hands and traveled across her entire body. Shifting in colors, it tightened briefly before fading away, wrapping her in its unique texture.
''What the hell is this??!!!'' Fey asked herself while trying to identify what was crawling on her whole body. Frantically moving made her even more anxious, soon it would be all over.
something new will come to her.
''Close your eyes'' She told to herself, to get grounded and not be overwhelmed with stimulations.
as she closed her eyes.
snap.
everything went quiet. Everything went silent. all the noise stopped, the touch on her body stopped, it made her warm, what was it? it felt like she changed.
She was scared, absolutely, so she was waiting for Mary to reassure her.
just in a minute, she will appear, Just in a second. In......a second.
What's wrong? Where's Mary?? Why can't she hear her?
an intensely clear yet warm gale struck her.
And the voices have turned into letters, words, sentences.
Open the eyes.
''Holy God!!!!!!''
The castle, clouds, grass, trees, and people.
''What The Hell????!!!! This is not a hallucination?!!!!!''
It was not a hallucination.
''Wait, wait, no no, what?? no. what????? no. What the hell is going on?!!!!! no.''
Obviously, Fey started panicking, because she was such a coward back then. She started anxiously looking around, then down, she looked at her hands that were covered in navy blue fabric with long wide sleeves.
''What the hell is going on???? what is this???!!!!!!''
she started stupidly touching the fabric, to remove it I think. besides being a coward, Fey also lacked intelligence and the ability to behave under pressure back then.
-Why are you always insulting her?
-Shut up and let me continue, the fun part is about to start.
 
As she started crying like a baby, she looked behind her once more in the hope of seeing the water that brought her here.
''what the hell am i supposed to do now, Leyla will kill me! Wait... how is she going to kill me if i'm not there''
a snap of wood was echoed above her.
''WATCH OUTTT!” Someone with a soft feminine voice shouted from the sky. The first time, it was from afar, but as the seconds passed, and Fey finally realized to look up, the girl's voice came closer and closer to her, along with her descending body. All of a sudden, she fell onto her—crashing her physical form along the hopes and dreams she barely had.
''Ouuuchhh!!'' Sudden moaning from the pain came out from Fey.
The girl was struggling to manage her body as she also felt intense pain from the falling.
''ughh, i'm s-so...sorry.''
The girl stood up, her short curly red hair was covering her whole face. She started to clean cream-colored breeches that were loose-fitting, with the length reaching exactly to the middle of her knees.
''Ugh God! Was my punishment not enough?!''
Fey yelled in desperation while caressing her back and arm.
''I'm so sorry again! i didn't saw you before, i'm truly sor-''
The girl suddenly stopped wiping the dirt from her dirty brown tunic that was perfectly matching with breeches. She stared at Fey and started slightly shaking. Could have been out of shock, could have been out of curiosity.
As Fey was trying to adjust her long-wide sleeved dress, she tensed her eyebrows in question.
''What?'' she coughed and wiped the dirt from her face.
''M-my lady, I beg your forgiveness. I never meant to fall from the tree and land upon you...It was a clumsy misstep, and I deeply apologize for any offense or inconvenience I may have caused.
''What are you talki-''
''Please don't punish me! I swear I will- Oh my god I'm sorry for interrupting you! I didn't mean it!
As The girl started intensively bowing to Fey, her voice got more scared and confused.
''Okay! Okay! calm down!''
''I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I have a big family they will cry if I die! I'm! I'm sorry please don't punish me!''
''I'm not going to punish you!'' Fey touched The girl's shoulders and stopped her from bowing.
The girl looked into Fey's dark blue eyes.
''Really?'' A smile of relief got onto her whole face and she wiped the tears.
''I'm not what you think i am. What is this place?''
The girl tilted her head in question, what did mean when she asked about the place?
''Um, what do you mean?''
Fey sighed and scratched her head.
''I don't know where i am, listen, the only thing i probably know is that you won't believe what i'm about to tell you, but i will still do it, because i want to go home, this...all of these scares me.''
The girl got even more confused she started to touch her hair and play with it.
''I came here from the water, you know I fell into a hole like in that novel Alice...and then I found this water portal type thing, like a gate, and then I started to hear my sister's voice telling me to take the chance, after that I heard a woman's voice which I have been dreaming about since I was 9 and now I'm here.''
The girl stood silently staring at Fey trying to catch every word she was saying. After a few seconds, she burst into laughter.
''I...i'm sorry mam, hahah, i'm sorry but you sound very mental''
As she was continuing hysterical laughter, a thought came into her mind. what if she was testing her and she was in fact belonging to a castle?
She stopped laughing and started to look serious.
''Sorry mam, but umm is this a test? if so i know i messed up for the fourth or third time, and i woul-
''IT IS NOT A TEST'' Fey was already loosing her patience, she wanted to go home even though no one was glad to have her there. As we mentioned, Fey was a coward and so she was afraid of the new environment, new world, new people. She was afraid of everything.
''I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM''
She screamed slightly in frustration. The girl was getting convinced that she didn't belong to the castle due to her actions and behaviors, the only thing that questioned her judgment was the dress.
''Okay...'' The questions in a redhead's mind started floating around, this is not a usual scenario, everyone knows this place. the people belong to this place. There is nothing more.
Fey started shaking her head, she was getting tired, nervous, hungry. ''Stupid violin and that stupid sound of waves, Ii shouldn't have followed it.
Violin.
Sound of Waves.
The light lit up in the redheads' mind.
''No...no you don't...You.'' The girl started mumbling and stepping away from Fey.
''You really don't know this place.''
''THANK YOU, FINALLY''
''Because you aren't from here.''
''YES, EXACTLY''
''You are...this can't be true, those are just stories...myth that they tell to children.''
''What?''
''Why...are you here.''
''UGH i don't knowww, a woman was saying my name constantly in my dreams and while i was coming here. She was saying to someone that i need to find a person named...um, Lisa... or...Esmeralda?...Elsara?
Fey shook her head in disbelief of not remembering the name.
''Turn...around''
The girl's voice started to get more quiet, hesitant. She got pale like she saw a ghost.
''Why what's wrong?'' Fey turned around ''So She (the woman from my dreams) was saying something about that Elsara girl who needs to be found, so the third or something like that will save them? I actually don't know who any of these people are! A woman okay, I can distinguish the voice but that Elsara girl?-
''Elisora''
''YES! Elisora!, Oh my god finally!''
Fey turned around to look at the girl, but the Girl had already completely lost color on her face, she was staring straightly at Frey's eyes. in shock.
''Something wrong?''
Fey got concerned.
''Your name is Elisora''
The girl finally muffled out the words.
''What?'' Fey chuckled.
''You are Elisora and this place is called Arcadia.'' ''You are The third.''
''No...I. What?''
The girl frantically looked around, took off a jacket, and quickly gave it to her.
''Hurry! Cover your back and don't let it touch it!'' ''I'm getting you out of the center!'' She held Fey's hand tightly and started guiding her into the woods.
''Wait!, but why?!!''
''Because if you are real, then they are real! If all of these are true...holy heart...my mom was right all along...It is coming.''
''What is coming?!'
''The holy Tree is alive! And Arcadia will fall into the darkness...again.
As The girl was dragging Fey into the woods while looking around in hopes that no one would follow her, she turned to the companion.
''Elisora, As soon as they know you are here, They will come after you, and they will kill you. ''
''WHAT?!''
''My name is Feme, and Dark times are coming.''
 
0