Prologue
218 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man was looking at the guillotine in front of him. Today he was going to be beheaded.

Two sturdy men in black violently grabbed his skinny and weak body before setting him on the guillotine. His blood-stained eyes filled with bottomless hatred.

No matter what he did, he couldn't escape the fate of dying an untimely or unfair death.

Standing across from him was a man wearing a jade green robe; an extraordinary-looking man, but his slightly raised lips showed a disgusting smirk. His eyes were filled with killing intent and also satisfaction.

"This is your retribution. You should've live a kind life," the handsome man said.

The man on the guillotine remained silent not because he didn't have anything to say but he couldn't. The system that bound with him didn't allow him to talk and curse at the protagonist at this moment because of the plot, the villain should be utterly in despair and regret everything he had done and was supposed to remain silent and willingly accepting his punishment.

There was a huge crowd watching his punishment.

There was also a beautiful woman who looked as peerless as the most expensive crystal jade, crying among the crowd. She was so beautiful that no matter where she was, she would shine brightly among the crowd.

She was what called the daughter of heaven, another protagonist while the man was destined to be the villain, the opposite or the nemesis for the son/daughter of heaven.

"I'm sorry," the woman chocked out. There was a pity and disappointment on her face with slight regret tone in her voice when she opened her mouth.

However, no one else pity the man. They all thought he got what he deserved.

The long and drawn-out vengeful war finally came to an end, but the villain's death didn't mean the end, it was the beginning of everything, especially for the son of fate, son of heaven or what people called the protagonist of the world.

The villain's death was the mark of the beginning of peaceful time, the sign of complete victory.

"Die you traitor!!"

This was the sentence he had to listen multiple times and even before he was killed, it was the last sentence he heard.

-Tak!

The guillotine was released and in a mere second, the man who was the villain was beheaded but he felt nothing except an increasing sense of hatred and annoyance.
.
.

.

[Congratulations host. You finished your 1000th task from an intermediate rank world generated from the novel: My Peerless White Lotus Imperial Princess]

The man who should have died now stood silently in a space of a vast sea of darkness. His tattered prison robe was replaced with grey skin-tight clothing with a bar code and a number 01, written in red.

He was currently fondling with the choker on his neck.

To be honest it wasn't a just a normal grey metallic choker but an AI or a system that assist (bound with) him to transmigrate to the different worlds.

He didn't know much since he didn't have any memory before he was captured but the only thing he knew was his name, Helio Kaistein and he was forced to go through different dimensions and was bound with a system called the 'Bad Omen System' under the pretext to clean his bad karma since he was a first class criminal.

"Helio Kaistein, first class criminal of Andromeda Alliance Empire. You're sentence to serve your punishment by traversing to multiple worlds and experienced despair until your sentence period ended."

The Main System that looked like an underworld God Hades said in a stern voice. That was the first memory Helio or what he like to call himself as Leo remembered.

"How long is my sentence?" Leo asked without any hint of timidity or nervousness.

"You don't have the qualification to know about that information."

That was when he knew he wouldn't be released even if he traversed into *gazillion worlds.

*(an exaggeration of a really huge number)

'What kind of b***sh** is this b(eep) spouting to me? Does he think I will be obedient with what ever he already arranged for me?'

However, there was nothing much he could do. He didn't have memories nor power (maybe he just don't remember if he had it)

Forcefully bound with the system, he was destined to set foot as the most unlucky cannon fodder or villain where his fate would always be torn bodies and crushed bones, destined to die a miserable death.

He knew what he couldn't do and what he was supposed to do in order to not die but due to the system, he was forced to do the opposite.

He was forced to touch the male lead's woman, steal the male lead's treasures, bullied the male lead's little brother, and suppressed the male lead's family, this was just some of the stupid things that the system forced him to do.

Under the control of the system, he had no choice but to do extremely stupid things, eagerly rushing down the road that only lead to death.

Even more frustrating, if he try to disobey the system, it would take control of his body until he finished the world.

Looking at the system taking over his body while he observed everything made him almost insane.

Even though the Main System said that he was a criminal that was currently undergoing punishment, he still strongly felt that he shouldn't sit still.

He knew he was someone that has a high IQ and him being reduced to a stupid character was a big humiliation to his ego.

'What kind of punishment is this?'

However, after he transmigrated for the N-th time, he managed to collect enough source code from those world data and was able to reverse the system's code bit by bit.

He wanted vengeance. He wanted revenge. He wanted to know why he didn't remember anything except his name.

Leo instinctively knew the only way for him to get over with this was to collect enough source data to subdue the Main System and put it under his control without anyone sensing something was amiss.

'So what if I'm a criminal? Who said I will be willing to follow this through?'

He was suspicious with a lot of things.

What crimes did he commit?
Why didn't he remember who he was?
Who control the Main System?

There were tons of questions that he wanted to know the answer.

He touched the slender silver choker on his neck. After debugging and changing the core code of the system, he changed the system name to the 007 system.

The system temperament changed from the emotionless arrogant tone it always used to a more polite tone that sounds more humane.

[I'm 007 at your service, master.]

Listening to the voice he sense something familiar. Despite the voice still sounds flat and emotionless, but weirdly it sounds exactly like a living human.

'Wait, the system call me...master?'

"Are you human?" Leo asked.

Before this, the system sounds like an AI with limited responses but now 007 sounds more like a human.

[Yes, I'm.]

"Why are you calling me master?"

[I don't remember anything other than I should help you as much as I can to the best of my ability like an assistant and you're the one who make me regain my self conscious back despite me having almost no memory.]

"So it seems you might also be a criminal since I'm one?"

[Maybe. Most probably yes.]

Sure enough, he wasn't the only one. The system might have been in a worst situation than him. The Main System might have brainwashed them on top of erasing their memories before they were bound with their hosts.

Leo decided to push the issue about his system to the back of his mind for the time being and focus on the present issue.

"Did anyone detect any abnormality with you?"

[No master, since you just do a minor adjustment on my core code and not replaced it. Thus the Main System doesn't detect anything. Your spirituality also affect me after you disconnect with the Main System]

"Make sure you remain connected to the Main System since we need the world plot from him but cover the world trajectory until I finished."

[Yes master]

"How much authority you have on me now?" Leo asked since previously the Bad Omen System had forcefully control his body dozens of time and he didn't like not being able to be in control the most.

[I can't control your body and you can mute me if you want to but I can always track your whereabout and condition in real time. Do you want to decrease the limit of my function authority, master?]

Sure enough, 007 was indeed a human since his response proved that he understood Leo's concern.

"No, that much is fine. If I limit you even more, I'm afraid your ability that might useful for me might decreased."

Leo glanced at his surrounding. He wondered through the space while thinking of a plan. Even though he managed to make the system under his control, he didn't quickly go to another dimension.

The space was a place 007 created under his instruction to avoid the monitoring of the Main System.

Using 007, he checked his spirituality and confirmed his conjuncture.

007 scanned his body and spiritual, [Your spiritual is on the verge of collapsing. The experience you went through in those worlds might have been the cause]

It seems that he was forced to bind with the system because they wanted to damage his mental spirituality. That was why he have to experience being someone who was the opposite of him and experience the worst of the worst in every world.

In those worlds, he was also betrayed, isolated and hated. The feeling of loneliness and hate would overwhelmed him every single time. No wonder his mental spirituality was on the verge of collapsing.

He was instead amazed how he still managed to remain sane until now.

The more he transverse thought the world, the more unstable he felt. His mind seem to be a bit temperamental and twisted but he still manage to make himself under control despite the feeling of freezing cold and void in his heart.

'Good very good. They really try hard to destroy me. Why don't they just kill me, isn't that easier?' He thought mockingly.

Since they have been working so hard, he would absolutely making them work even harder.

Did they really think he was an easy target?

"007 searches for a world for me to enter. I need to strengthen my spiritual and maybe we can find any clue about the Main System."

[Search complete. The transfer will start when the master is ready.]

"Let's go"

Leo's figure quickly vanished from the space.

_______________________

A/N: I wrote a lot of drafts of stories and this is my first attempt to publish them publicly. So what do you guys think?

9