Arc 8: Motivation – Chapter 5
33 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 8: Motivation - Chapter 5

A few hours later*

"Daisuke... can you send us back? I don't think any of us could survive outside of our world." Blair rubbed her elbows, her face pale and drenched in cold sweat. "It feels like I'm slowly fading away like I might just drop dead any moment now."

"Still? Even after I gave you everything I've created so far?" Daisuke frowned as he looked at Blair, Liz, Patty, and Tsubaki, all appearing pale and on the verge of dying any second.

"It's like something's gripping my soul, squeezing it until it breaks." Liz hugged Patty tightly, then strained to turn her head to look at Daisuke. "Please, send us back. I don't want to die from some unknown cause. At least if we end up dead, it'll be in the world we were born into."

"So...cold. Liz... I'm cold..." Patty's voice trembled softly as she struggled to keep her eyes open, her body shivering from the chill.

Daisuke's brow furrowed even deeper as he utilized Omnifabrication to compile a list of permanent solutions. Yet, new problems appear one after another to harm his group. In fact, the cause of their predicament was literally the will of the planet, the same thing that had always been a pain in his butt. But this one is the Soul Eater's will of the planet.

Technically, he could eliminate the will of the planet; however, that would increase the danger factor on his life even further. Right now, he is in the best position of not being seen.

However, each solution Omnifabrication gives him to save Blair, Liz, Patty, and Tsubaki increases the risk of being exposed once more. This time, he will have to rely on The World more often to extend the timeframe and hide his existence again.

The few possible solutions right now are to send them back with a few additional items for them to take, which would increase their survival while he is gone. He can only visit them instead of having them come with him.

So, with a few goodbyes and a kiss from Blair. Tusbaki apologizing when it wasn't her fault. Meanwhile, the Thomspon sisters just wanted extra hard, cold cash to keep them stable without worrying about money. All four are sent back to the world of Soul Eater.

Hm. Maybe he should create something similar to the Throne of Heroes, allowing them to be summoned. After all, those he summons haven't experienced any problems in a different world. Then again, world-traveling or timeline-traveling is their thing in that world.

Oh well, he wasn't that attached to those four girls that much. Sure, he will visit them whenever he is free. Not to mention, he can visit them in a matter of seconds thanks to being able to change the timeframe between the world he is in and the world of Soul Eater.

However, this still leaves a bad taste in his mouth, not being able to have those four with him. And he knows damn well that Esdeath would be pissed and would go out of her way to hunt down the one behind this.

For the time being, he will leave this alone until the best time to take action, guided by one of the few permanent solutions to deal with this problem.

To think it's nearly impossible to bring people from outside their worlds unless they already have some method for traveling to another world or through an alternate reality—quite a strange restriction.

Now, which world is he in?

Daisuke created the sheet of paper and found out he is now in the world of Worm.

Oh, he feels extra motivated upon entering this world, sensing that his Omnifabrication abilities will become much stronger with time here. And what's even better is that he senses a warm welcome from the Worm's will of the planet.

Odd, though, since it didn't offer the same welcoming feeling to Blair, Liz, Patty, and Tsubaki back then. Then again, it must be because the Soul Eater's will of the planet is countering the Worm's will of the planet, causing it not to welcome them.

No wonder one of the permanent solutions suggested he spend an extended period in this world.

Note to self: Remember to add in the creation of the sheet of paper for answers to provide further explanation on the reasons behind and the methods for executing the plan.

Daisuke did precisely that by checking what he needed to do in Worm to enhance his Omnifabrication beyond its current capabilities, along with identifying the tasks required to enable others to travel with him to other worlds without risking harming them due to leaving their world.

Very curious. It doesn't require him to do much other than keep using Omnifabrication daily without skipping a single day. From what he could tell, his Omnifabrication will become more potent without end. This is why specific problems can't be solved just yet.

It's still weird, but he's okay with it. Now, he needs to figure out what to do in this world besides just interacting with its people.


An hour later*

Daisuke finds himself bored out of his mind again, even after hours of creating random objects to pass the time. Frustrated with his lack of entertainment, he purchased a cozy house in the residential areas of Brockton Bay's downtown.

Well, maybe it's time to summon another female heroic spirit for a date, and maybe her luck is bound to make things interesting around here, other than the hero vs. villain battles going on in Brockton Bay.

Daisuke taps into the Third Magic, calling forth a female heroic spirit from the annals of history in the Nasuverse. He calls upon the Holy Grail to see which legendary figure will answer his call today.

Soon, in just a few seconds, someone answered the call, and a bright flash of light made him close his eyes until it faded. When he opened them again, he finally saw who he had summoned.

He blinked once, then twice, and when that wasn't enough, thrice.

"I'm Medusa. A Saber-class Servant. Nice to meet you, Master." Medusa said upon being summoned, giving Daisuke a slight nod.

This version of Medusa appears in modern attire, donning a chic black dress paired with a sleek black jacket adorned with purple accents and white trim. The jacket features numerous straps and buckles, adding a touch of edginess to her getup. Perched atop her head is a distinctive black hat with a stylish purple band. Her look is completed with black high-heeled boots laced with purple strings, and she adds a final flourish with purple-pinkish tinted glasses.

"Nice outfit." Daisuke remarks, eyeing Medusa with appreciation, especially noting her long, flowing hair.

"Thank you." Medusa gave Daisuke a small smile. "I'm ready for our date whenever you are, Master."

"Got it." Daisuke stood up, his new wallet bulging with cash. He made his way to the front door, unlocked it, and held it open, gesturing for Medusa to exit first. Once she was through, he locked the door again behind them. "So you have an idea where to go first, or should I pick?"

"Is there a library nearby?" Medusa asked, matching her steps with his as they strolled away from his house.

"There's one." Daisuke nodded with a slight smile. "There's one just around the corner. I found it myself not too long ago."

"Then, let's go." Medusa gently took Daisuke's hand, her eyes glowing with expectation as she looked at him.

Daisuke nods, knowing well that this wouldn't be the first or the last time he'd have a date at the library.


2 hours later*

Daisuke pays no mind to the curious glances from nearby folks aimed at Medusa, who's deeply immersed in a book about parahumans. After all, her beauty tends to draw attention naturally. He often finds himself stealing glances at her whenever he needs a break from reading.

He shifts his gaze away from Medusa's face and returns to the book he's been reading for a while. It's all about the art of making deep-fried chicken wings, a topic that has captured his attention.

Well, it's more like he has been carving some buffalo wings for some time now.

At the very least, he has an idea where to take Medusa for dinner unless she doesn't like buffalo wings. If that's the case, he'll have to make some wings for himself later to enjoy after their date.

"Hey, how about you share that fine product of yours, brother?" A random late-teen Asian with some missing teeth walks up to their table, gives Medusa a once-over with a creepy smile, and then shifts his grin over to Daisuke. "You must have invested a lot in her. How about you give me a test taste of her, and I'll recommend her to a couple of friends of mine? You'll make lots of money, I'll tell you that."

The people nearby stood and watched, not stepping in to intervene with the random late-teen Asian boy. They waited curiously, observing the unfolding scene to see what might happen next.

Medusa placed her book down, rose from her seat, and walked around the table. She approached the random late-teen Asian boy, who was staring with lustful eyes and making naughty gestures with his hands, only to be bitch slapped by Medusa with enough force to knock out the remaining teeth and send the Asian boy flying before crashing into some of the people nearby, unconscious.

"Nice slap. Need me to deal with him?" Daisuke whistles, impressed.

"No need. Also, I'm feeling hungry. How about we leave?" Medusa pushes her sunglasses up, casting a brief glance at the unconscious Asian boy indifferently before returning her attention to Daisuke.

"Sure. I'm craving some buffalo wings. Unless you want something else?" Daisuke placed the book he was reading on the table, rose from his seat, and led Medusa out of the library.

Ignoring the crowd, both left the library and headed to the nearest fast food restaurant that sells buffalo wings.

"Do I look like a prostitute?" Medusa asks Daisuke, her gaze piercing as she studies his face, waiting for his reaction.

"No, but your beauty tends to draw attention." Daisuke replied, his grin widening as he observed the faint pink hue spreading across Medusa's cheeks.

"I bet you say that to others, too." Medusa frowned slightly, her expression softening, which only added to her charm.

"I do, but that doesn't mean what I said isn't true." Daisuke leans in to kiss Medusa on the cheek, causing her to blush even harder.

Daisuke and Medusa step into a bustling fast food restaurant, the air filled with the scent of sizzling burgers and fried delights. Bright neon signs decorate the walls. Their eyes are drawn to the irresistible buffalo wings on the menu options, nestled among the flavors of other wings available for order.

"So, do you want to eat here or order to take home?" Daisuke asks Medusa, his eyes scanning the menu as he considers their options. He mentally calculates how many wings they might need to satisfy their appetites.

"Let's eat here. We might order another round if we're still hungry." Medusa suggests, glancing over the menu herself. "Also, can we get a cheeseburger?"

"Sure." Daisuke agreed, and then they walked forward in line to order, enjoying their first date at a random burger place with wings.

0