Arc 1: Broken – Chapter 1
1k 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1: Broken - Chapter 1

Sato Daisuke is a handsome man, a descendant of the eastern lands in his mid-20s with tanned skin and ember-colored eyes that scream how much pain he would inflict on others if they crossed his path. He has short brown hair slicked to the right, leaving some of it in the front and some on the sides.

He wears a simple black suit that only makes him stand out more, a pair of sunglasses hanging from the bridge of his neck, and a small golden bell attached to the lower part of his left ear.

Daisuke slowly took in his surroundings, looking for anything that might give him a clue where he was and checking his person. He was not bound or tied to anything to restrict his movement.

One thing after the other, Daisuke knew that this was not normal or that he should be more surprised than anything else, but he was too tired from all the meetings he had to attend to make sure that things went through for his company. Well, not that it would matter if his assumption were correct.

He closes his eyes and immediately 'feels' something. He felt his cheat/plot armor given to him by that one survey appear on his computer while he checked for new video games, anime, manga, etc. to enjoy last night before going to bed.

On the other hand, Daisuke wouldn't expect anything else after his surroundings changed from a walk to the parking lot to a random room filled with junk.

Omnifabrication is the ability to invent and create anything with limited resources in an exceptionally short time and to perform actions that manipulate/distort reality.

Honestly, he could have chosen Reality Warping as his cheat in the survey. However, he wanted something different and was still overpowered from the start without any development. Well, it's better than not having it and any other cheat he could have gotten.

Daisuke opened his eyes, knowledge poured out of the Omnifabrication, and reality was distorted. A shadowy beast made of what seemed to be dark matter from interdimensional or similar sources seemed to be summoned from his black suit. Then, it merges into his black suit a second later.

Rashomon is the ability of Ryunosuke Akutagawa from the Bungo Stray Dogs series. He can consume everything, even space itself.

There is less junk in the room, indicating that something was used to create Rashomon, but there were no tools of any kind in the room to make it possible. Rashomon should be generally impossible to obtain.

Omnifabrication lives up to its name. It makes the impossible possible with whatever resources are available.

Daisuke starts thinking about other abilities he could get, then Omnifabrication floods him with more designs to follow to make it happen. He can even implement upgrades but has other important things to worry about. Rashomon will have to do it for now.

After all, he has yet to find out which world he is in since he chose the Random Drop-In as his entrance to the new world as he gets to keep his body. He would rather not go through being born and growing up.

So far, except for this room that still has garbage everywhere, Daisuke can say that whoever owns this room has to clean up after themselves. It's just disgusting and mostly uninhabitable. But the person who owns this room wouldn't sleep here. Not when the windows have iron bars to prevent anyone from using the windows to leave the room and only go to the door that leads further into the building.

As if that weren't bad enough, the noise of the Omnifabrication was not muffled, or rather, he didn't think about it at the time. No one had come to check who might be making noise in this room by now - no sound of footsteps outside. There was only him in the room, and he had already checked for anything that might have belonged to a human body, fresh or rotten from time, that might have belonged to the previous occupant of this room.

Now his options are to go through the door, which might be locked, and the other option is to find a possible secret escape route leading outside. But that's only if he doesn't have Omnifabrication.

In a few seconds, a new door appears on the wall from the opposite side of the door, and there is less junk in the room. With a push on the door, Daisuke can see the world better than through the gaps in the windows.

A slight frown appears on Daisuke's face.

He looks back to where the room he came from has disappeared, including the entire building, and realizes that he has set something off and is now out in the night. Nowhere to go but go with the flow and hope for the best.

Of course, that's for those who don't have a cheat or the life experience of dealing with being alone anywhere but at home at night.

Reality distorted again, then a single sheet of paper appeared in Daisuke's right hand. It contained important, simple information about what kind of world he was in and the timeline for future possible routes he might have to follow until he was strong enough to leave this world for another and experience everything there was to experience until he was bored enough to return to his version of Earth.

"I really should have paid more attention to the survey and did it half-heartedly." Daisuke's right eyebrow twitched after he finished reading the paper.

He tears the paper into small pieces, then starts walking in a random direction as he slowly sees more people coming into his view, and he can see that many are paying more attention to him by the second.


An hour later*

Daisuke wants to question many things, but these questions can be asked later. Right now, he has to deal with a problem.

A problem in the form of a woman with long blonde hair and bright red eyes. She is so beautiful that any man or woman would stare at her in awe and lust if they laid their eyes on her. She wears a white shirt and black shorts, with golden yellow high heels that match her golden necklace and bracelets.

Gilgamesh, the Queen of Heroes, is currently scowling at everything around her and those around her as well like they are the lowest lifeforms in her eyes.

"This is unacceptable. I can't stand it. To stay in a place like this is unworthy of someone like me." Gilgamesh gives Daisuke a cold look. "You should find the best of the best for me to stay. It is disrespectful for someone of my status."

Ignoring the crowd around them, Daisuke stares at Gilgamesh before heading for the main entrance.

"Hey! Don't you dare leave me!" Gilgamesh quickly stomps after Daisuke. "And don't leave me with these mongrels!"

These mongrels didn't seem to mind being called such and were too busy staring absently at Gilgamesh as she walked away until she was out of sight.

"If there's no place for us to stay during our time for the Holy Grail War. Then, someone who can create pretty much anything, you should be able to build me a beautiful house according to my standards." Gilgamesh continued, not caring if Daisuke spoke or not. "It would improve my mood and make me perform better to get the Holy Grail from the enemy Servants and Masters."

Daisuke thought about what had happened in the last hour since he realized he was in the Nasuverse. Not the most dangerous place to be, but it wasn't the best place to be in general. And summoning a female version of Gilgamesh wasn't something he expected, just that he was randomly summoning any Servants without being a Master for the Holy Grail Warr.

In other words, there is a Servant who is free to do whatever she wants without being bound by three Command Seals. In addition, on a whim, he had decided to make it so that the Servant could survive without relying on the Master's Magical Energy to stay in this realm of existence until the Holy Grail War was over.

"Do you hear me, Maker?" Gilgamesh moves fast enough to stand before Daisuke, blocking his path and preventing him from going further unless he goes around her. "Make me a beautiful house or find me a place that suits my needs."

"Yes. I can hear you." Daisuke said dryly, causing Gilgamesh's eyes to narrow. "Let's get further away from the public. Then I'll build you a nice house." That made Gilgamesh smirk. "By the way, shouldn't you leave as soon as you discover that no one can control you after being summoned?"

"And let you fool around in my garden? Not going to happen." Gilgamesh scoffs. "Besides, why should I do something as boring as joining the Grail War right away? The Holy Grail is mine to begin with. Fighting these Servants and Masters will give them the honor of knowing my greatness." She crosses her arms over her chest and gives Daisuke a confident grin.

"Right." Daisuke decided that if things didn't change after a week. Powerful ally or not, he would get rid of Gilgamesh one way or another. "Explain to me again what kind of house you wanted?"

"I knew you would see it my way." Gilgamesh said proudly.

Yes, he hoped for Gilgamesh's sake that she would change or at least learn not to annoy him so much. He is here just long enough to secretly obtain the Holy Grail to use as material to create something he has in mind. Even though he could do it without the Holy Grail, he wanted it for the sake of getting it when others couldn't.

"Even if. Let's say even if. Suppose you were given the Holy Grail. What would you wish for?" Gilgamesh stares at Daisuke, waiting for his answer.

"Nothing." Daisuke answered because he didn't lie when asked what he would wish for.

Why let something like the Holy Grail grant his wish when he could do it himself? After all, wishing is for those who can't get it themselves and rely on something to do it for them.

"Well, that's what I expect when I find out that you're not a Master, and yet you can summon me without causing the Holy Grail to do so." Gilgamesh nods to herself. "How far are we going? We've long left the mongrels behind."

"Until we get close to the forest or find a good place to build the house." Daisuke finds it strange that no one followed them, but he can guess that it has something to do with Gilgamesh. He wouldn't put it past her to use Magecraft to make everyone forget what they were doing tonight.

"It better be soon because I don't want to be outside until the sun rises." Gilgamesh frowns as she stares at the night sky. "Let's not make my beautiful house in the forest, if possible. I don't want it to be destroyed after it is built."

At this point, Daisuke didn't care anymore and needed his sleep. Besides, he didn't want to be woken up by an enemy Servant attacking him in his sleep. So he could think about why Gilgamesh didn't want to build the house in the forest. Still, he must build a house as soon as possible and get some sleep before he does something he might regret.

17