Arc 1: Broken – Chapter 4
311 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1: Broken - Chapter 4

10 minutes later*

Reality distorted. A golden arrow appears in Daisuke's free hand.

Before Gilgamesh can see it, Daisuke immediately stabs himself with it, causing the golden arrow to dissolve into nothing when its job is done.

A dark, golden aura-like energy covers Daisuke's body, yet Gilgamesh doesn't notice it.

Behind Daisuke, a tall, very muscular humanoid hovers in the air. It wears a headpiece that covers its face up to the end of its nose, sloping steeply from the base of its forehead to a point more than half its height above the back of its head, leaving the face of an inverted triangle visible to the front. It wears small, simple, double-diving cylinders on its back, connected to the back of its mask by short, double-ridged cables, and puffed straps running from the back of its waist over both shoulders to its front. The backs of its hands are shaped like a simple clock face. Its chin, the base of the abdomen, the crotch, and knees are crowned with heart shapes. Plates are on the shins, and shoes have curved, sharply pointed toes.

The World is an exceptionally powerful close-range Stand from the JoJo Bizzare series. Although it requires close range to inflict damage, its overwhelming physical strength and nearly unstoppable time control make it undeniably one of the most dangerous Stands in the entire series. The World is powerful enough to give its user the ability to fly, although this might be due to Dio's vampiric nature or greater experience with his Stand.

Daisuke made it so The World could give him the ability of flight.

Using The World's ability to stop time allows Daisuke to act within the duration of the stopped time, where he uses Rashomon to devour the space between where he is and Irisviel, appearing right behind her without anyone noticing how.

A quick blow to the back of her neck knocked her out instantly.

"Irisviel!" Saber yells in shock, moving in to stop Daisuke from taking Irisviel away.

"LANCER! By the Command Seals, I order you to stop Saber!" Lancer's Master immediately commands Lancer, even going so far as to use one of the three Command Seals that all Masters are given to use in the Holy Grail War.

Lancer grits his teeth as he moves in to block Saber, "Forgive me, Saber, but this is the order of my Lord!"

"Move!" Saber's blows are still strong, but not as strong when wielding her sword with both hands. And she was horrified to see that Irisviel was getting further away by the second.

Daisuke frowns as he has trouble running with the extra weight throwing off his balance. But it doesn't take him long to regain his balance and he's about to use The World to stop time again. Instead, The World appears on its own and blocks a long-range attack, after which a bronze shield appears briefly before disappearing, much to his confusion.

He didn't have to guess. He knew it was Kiritsugu shooting at him from his sniper position. Fortunately, The World intercepted the bullet aimed at his head.

"Hey, Maker. I think your prediction has stopped working for you." Gilgamesh appears next to Daisuke, glaring at him as they run away from the harbor, much to the former anger for not getting a chance to make a speech when she reveals herself to the other Servants and Masters.

"Oh, because I made sure to change it. Why should I let the future take its course when I can take advantage of it and change the future in my favor?" Daisuke replied as he got better at running while carrying the unconscious form of Irisviel over his shoulder. "It's good that Lancer's Master knows when to take advantage of the situation. Otherwise, we would have Saber on our tail and maybe with Lancer as well."

"So why did you kidnap Saber's Master?" Gilgamesh deflects a bullet that almost hits Daisuke's right leg with a random nameless Noble Phantasm. "Other than perhaps taking her Command Seals to gain control over Saber. I don't think there's any other reason to kidnap her except that you have a sexual interest in her?"

"She is the Lesser Grail." Daisuke replied.

"And you need her to complete your plan within a week?" Gilgamesh asks once more while deflecting more and more bullets aimed at Daisuke and a few aimed at herself. "By the way, how did you manage to make yourself move so fast?"

"Through a special item, I created a few minutes ago." Daisuke replied. "Similar to Rashomon and will require me to practice more to get used to having it."

Of course, he will never reveal The World and other Stands he will obtain. Along with other things he could get away with as long as she doesn't activate that one Noble Phantasm of hers that gives her all the answers.

Gilgamesh hums, "So where are we going? Since you canceled plan A, where we pretend you're the Servant and I'm the Master to fool the others, and in the midst of confusing everyone, I'll take the time to find all the Masters and take them down, or at least half of them. Are we going with plan B or C? Or do you have some new plans for us? Tell me; I'm curious to see how far you can go.

"New plans. I'll tell you after we get to a safe place, after we get away from the others and cover our tracks to prevent them from following us." Daisuke replied as Gilgamesh blocked another sniper shot that would have hit his knee.

Gilgamesh let out a ladylike snort, "Is that all? That's easy to solve, but I'm a little busy protecting you."

He would be a fool to believe her, especially when he has The World to protect him from the dangers he cannot see with his own eyes. All she wants is for him to use the Omnifabrication again, no doubt to find out what the full power of the Omnifabrication could do.

"Alright." Daisuke slowed down a bit, causing Gilgamesh to run beside him and her to look at him in confusion. Then she let out a squeak when he picked her up with his other arm, even though he already had his nodachi and Irisviel on his other shoulder. Typically, this would be impossible for him. But thanks to a partial summoning of The World through his body to strengthen his physical aspects. Then, made a large leap before fully summoning The World to stop time and use Rashomon to shorten the distance to leave the harbor.

In no time, Daisuke left the harbor a mile away. Impossible for the others to follow, as he left no trace. Not when the time was stopped and the space between two places was consumed. It would take a number of skills and abilities to follow him. Or simply a Noble Phantasm that made the impossible possible.

However, Daisuke only lasted two seconds before collapsing in someone's front yard. Irisviel rolled hard on the ground but was still mostly unconscious. She let out a small moan but nothing else while Gilgamesh landed easily on her feet with hardly any effort on her part.

Daisuke has made a miscalculation when recreating The World. He accidentally included the side effects of stressing his heart when stopping time, like in the JoJo series. Something he has to fix as soon as possible because he would rather be able to stop time freely and without the risk of his heart failing him.

At the very least, using Rashomon with The World is possible by using them together. However, the fact that he had to use The World first before using Rashomon was what made it work.

After a brief pause, Daisuke uses The World to stop time and quickly uses Omnifabrication to create a pill to remove this weakness of using this Stand, aka strengthening his heart to deal with The World every time it stops time.

Having the power to stop time at his fingertips brings joy. But that doesn't mean he's completely omnipotent. Not when stopping time is a typical power in most of the series he has read in the past. Besides, there are truly overpowered characters who can ignore the laws of time and space—the kind he doesn't want to meet at any cost.

"I would have punished you for daring to touch me, Maker. But to see the state you're in. It must have cost you dearly to do what you did to bring us this far." Gilgamesh looks down at Daisuke who is lying on the ground with cold sweat running down his forehead.

"It puts a strain on my heart if I use it for too long." Daisuke lied through his teeth, even though it was technically true a few seconds ago. But not anymore, and he will make sure to use The World for five seconds whenever Gilgamesh is around and if she is paying attention to him, which she does for most of the Holy Grail War.

"And why have you done nothing to solve this problem?" Gilgamesh raises an eyebrow and taps the ground with her right foot.

"Limited materials to make it." Daisuke lied again without changing his expression. "Anyway, it's time for us to take care of the Lesser Grail." He stood up and walked over to the unconscious Irisviel, slinging her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes while he retrieved his nodachi not too far from where he had dropped it after the rough landing.

"Oh, tell me what you're going to do to her." Gilgamesh grinned, undoubtedly thinking of the terrible things he would do to Irisviel. "It better be good because if not, I'll take care of the Lesser Grail."

"Didn't you want to see it yourself instead of being told the answer?" Daisuke bent down a bit to grab his sunglasses and put them on. "It shouldn't take me too long to start the plan."

"I would have followed." Gilgamesh begins slowly. "But that was ruined when you decided not to follow the first plan and did this..." She waves her hand at Irisviel. "Sure, she's the Lesser Grail, but it wouldn't have mattered in the end." Now she glares at Daisuke. "But you did something worse than laying hands on me."

Worse than just carrying her around? What could he have done so far to make Gilgamesh so angry?

"You had the nerve to deny me the chance to show everyone who I am. To show that their queen has returned from the Throne of Heroes." Gilgamesh tilts her head up to show how she stares down at Daisuke. "This queen has the right to show her presence to those worthy enough to see her in person."

And now she speaks in the third person. Daisuke wonders if the original Gilgamesh of Fate series would speak in the third person or not. He can't remember if it did in the canon timeline.

"Now, will you hand over the Lesser Grail or feel my wrath for disappointing me?" Gilgamesh's eyes narrow as golden ripples appear in the air behind her, slowly revealing several bladed weapons aimed at Daisuke.

Daisuke is speechless about how bipolar Gilgamesh is. On the other hand, he shouldn't have expected Gilgamesh to act normal, even as a genderbend of the original Gilgamesh. Besides, he now has to either hand Irisviel over to Gilgamesh and not get blown away by all the Noble Phantasms aimed at him. Or he can fight Gilgamesh while carrying the burden of Irisviel.

14