Arc 2: Experiments – Chapter 1
297 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 2: Experiments - Chapter 1

Daisuke sighed in relief that he made it through this unstable passage from the Nasuverse to a new one. However, he will return as soon as he has prepared for the Counter Force and other powerful forces in the Nasuverse. After all, he couldn't take the time to explore the place because of his identity, and his actions forced him to leave so early. Especially after considering what the results might have been had he stayed in the Nasuverse for over a week.

Still, he has all the time in the world to get stronger with the Omnifabrication and explore all that there is to explore in the Nasuverse and other universes.

Daisuke looks around and frowns, where he can feel the threatening presence everywhere, pressuring his very being, just like he felt back in the Nasuverse, getting stronger by the hour, but at least in this universe. It is not at the same level as the Nasuverse, nor is the pressure increasing as quickly. It's still rising, so he's limited to staying in this universe.

The first thing he has to do is check which world he is in and make new plans, escape plans to be exact, and then get whatever he can from this universe. Hopefully, similar to the Nasuverse, the background alone was enough to help him recreate Rashomon and The World through the mystery of the Nasuverse, generating unique materials for him to use. But without the entire Counter Force almost coming down on him.

Reality is distorted, and then a familiar sheet of paper appears in Daisuke's right hand. Like the first one, it contains essential yet straightforward information about what kind of world he is in and the timeline for future possible routes to determine his survival.

Daisuke stared briefly in disbelief before rereading the content on the paper a second time just to be sure.

"Akame Ga Kill? Well, that... is a name I haven't seen for a long time now." Daisuke was so shocked that he spoke his thoughts out loud.

Honestly, it's not the best place to be, but it's not the worst, either. Well, if it weren't for Rashomon and The World. Besides, the mystery of this world should be closer to the Age of Gods in the Nasuverse, just on a smaller scale. That means the things he can create with Omnifabrication won't be too inferior compared to what he could make back in the Nasuverse.

Since this world is up to Daisuke's standards, he begins to read the paper carefully a third time to memorize the whole thing before Rashomon consumes it. After that, he started walking in the direction of the Empire. He carefully checked his surroundings for danger beasts that would attack him out of the blue for a quick snack.


An hour later*

Daisuke leans against a tree, breathing heavily as he wipes the sweat from his brow with his right hand.

He underestimated the will of the planet that wanted him dead or pushed him enough to leave this world for another.

One after another, so many danger beasts attacked him after he had dealt with the previous one. Finally, he made it to one of the Empire's entrances. The number of danger beasts attacking had become fewer compared to before, most of them being weaker ones now, which gave him more room to take a breather since he didn't have to stop time all the time to dodge a killing blow from all those danger beasts, especially since his body is still on the scale of a normal human.

Daisuke sighs as he slowly pushes himself up, then adjusts his suit jacket and fixes his tie. Once that's done, he makes his way to the entrance and sees many people entering. Most people hand a small bag to the guards and bribe their way in without inspecting their carts like the others.

He can say that those who couldn't pay were searched. Even a couple were arrested for carrying illegal items. Of course, they were anything but illegal, since the guardsmen were making things up and doing so openly in public. But no one did anything about it. In fact, those who bribed the guards mocked those who couldn't bribe the guards, and the rest who couldn't pay the guards bowed their heads and hoped they wouldn't be the unfortunate ones to be falsely arrested.

Daisuke didn't want to get involved, nor did he want to be bothered by the guards. So, with the help of The World, he stopped time and used Rashomon to teleport around the guards and everyone else, and when he was a good distance away, time resumed. Everything was back to normal.

He walks around, checking out the area. He is amazed at how strange this world is. For example, he can see people wearing medieval style clothes and some wearing modern style clothes. Hell, he can even see someone wearing sunglasses similar to the ones he has. And suddenly, he sees some other cultural clothing.

When Daisuke looks at the sky to check the sun's position, it looks like evening is approaching.

It is better to find a place to stay and one that doesn't outright kill its inhabitants for money or capture them to sell into slavery.

Daisuke couldn't help but sigh as he had already noticed that he was being targeted after standing in one place for too long without moving. People must have thought he was one of those who lived outside the Empire and came here with hopes and dreams—coming along to 'help' him in his time of need when everything was going wrong for him.

Well, it's time to put his life at risk again.


A few hours later*

Daisuke hums to himself as he writes in a new journal he has made, along with a pen to jot down his discovery.

The first page is about his theory of how every time he kills someone. It increases the pressure of the planet's will, forcing him to leave or kill him somehow.

Around Daisuke are the people who wanted to kidnap him for slavery before trying to kill him after he killed a few of them. This leads to the entire group of slavers' deaths for underestimating him for being alone.

It wasn't noticeable at first, but he can say that the pressure increased quite rapidly once he killed over ten people. So his theory about killing people, especially certain people, would make him get more attention from the planet's will. This would explain why he was suddenly urged to leave as soon as possible after killing Gilgamesh and, technically, Irisviel.

The Holy Grail appears and floats in front of Daisuke's face, where he sees the image of the sleeping Irisviel briefly appear on the surface. She is still alive in more ways than one, but also technically not alive. Either way, thanks to the passive effects of the Holy Grail, which slowly reduces the pressure on his body. He can prolong his stay in this world until he does something big.

He will need to upgrade the Holy Grail to increase this passive effect, as the speed of influence will not be fast enough in the long run if the will of the planet increases the pressure beyond what the Holy Grail can handle in its current state.

It should be easy enough with Omnifabriction but now isn't the best time. Not if he wants to fall into one of those fatal future paths before he can leave this universe for another safety.

Daisuke closes his journal and stores it with the pen in the Gate of Babylon. Then he leaves without clearing up his deeds, because this won't be the first or the last death in this Empire. It's just a matter of who will take the blame, and it won't be him, as the Night Raid are active and all of its members are still alive, making them the target of the blame for these deaths, even if the soldiers of the Empire can't find any evidence to prove it. It doesn't matter to anyone, including the Night Raid themselves.


The next day*

Daisuke takes a sip from his morning coffee mug while he walks around, exploring the place and listening to the conversations around him to see if there is anything important to pay attention to.

So far, nothing significant to make him stop wandering. Except for an hour ago, when he saw one of the main characters, Tatsumi, trying to join the Imperial Army of the Empire, but being turned away due to the flood of applicants caused by a recession. So, nothing out of the ordinary.

He didn't stick around long enough to see Leone appear in front of Tatsumi, then later outright cheat the guy out of his money to get an easier path into the Imperial Army, which was a lie.

"Hey, did you hear about the death of one of the biggest groups for slavery?" Someone whispers this question to another person. Without realizing it, many stopped and listened. "A soldier found the group and they were brutally killed with some kind of blunt weapon, mostly a big hammer, with enough force to smash their head like a watermelon. Well, that's what they think. First thing in the morning. It had caused a lot of trouble for everyone as they were murdered in one of the popular places the nobles like to go when they leave their homes."

"Do you think the Night Raid killed them?" The questioner comes back with a question of their own. "When there are murders in the Empire. Most of the time it would be the Night Raid that did it."

"It's the Night Raid, no doubt about it." Someone else spoke up. "I think it was 100 Man-Slayer Bulat who did it. He is known to be big and must have come out to kill to test his new weapon, which could be a big hammer."

"It could be a newcomer who wanted to join the Night Raid by showing their power by killing a group of people." Another person chimes in with a theory.

"But why a group of slavers?" Someone argues, disagreeing with the theory. "If they wanted a chance to be noticed by the Night Raid. They would target a more important group than just a bunch of slavers."

"It is possible that the slavers are responsible for their death. They may have targeted this person, who is trying to attract the attention of the Night Raid as they wander in the middle of the night looking for a victim to kill." Another came up with a different theory, causing many to chime in with their own theories, some agreeing and some disagreeing.

Soon, the whole area is talking about the murder of the group of slavers, all while the actual killer walks away while drinking his morning coffee.

Daisuke continues on his merry way, adding all kinds of restaurants to his mental map to visit later.

After that, he's going to check out the Night Raid tomorrow night and see if he wants to join them, just because it's the Night Raid, or if he wants to be part of the new group that will form under Esdeath's leadership once she gets the order to come back to the Empire and deal with the Night Raid.

But first, he has to find out where Night Raid's first appearance takes place in the canon timeline. Either he gets lucky with the spy drones and finds the place, or he should follow Tatsumi secretly tonight.

9