Arc 2: Experiments – Chapter 6
181 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 2: Experiments - Chapter 6

An hour later*

"Mercy!" Setanta cried in terror as he ran as fast as he could to avoid being stabbed to death by the murderous, gleeful Scathach, who delighted in killing anything that even remotely challenged her.

Daisuke simply let the Holy Grail pour more Magical Energy into Setanta, giving the poor guy a better chance of surviving Scathach's endless fatal blows.

"I no longer recognize the word: mercy! Stop running, coward! No disciple of mine shall beg for mercy!" Scathach bursts with speed as she leaps an incredible distance in a single bound, stabbing Setanta in the back knee to cripple his movement.

"So, scary..." Daisuke said dryly, "Artoria. Go ahead and get ready. The Holy Grail is almost finished and prevents the will of the planet from seeing me completely."

Soon, he will reach one of the future paths and gain what he desires before leaving this world for another.

"Right away, Master." Artoria salutes, then quickly packs. Well, it's more like she fills all the cooking utensils and the rest of the uncooked food—especially the food part, which she prioritizes over everything else into one large bag. She lifts it like nothing and somehow organizes everything so that it piles up in a perfectly orderly fashion to avoid any future problems from having so many things stacked in a small space.

"When will Scathach face me?" Altera looks enviously at Scathach and Setanta.

Daisuke shakes his head when he hears this. Altera is one of those girls who gets easily distracted when something piques her interest. Usually, it's related to the topic of combat or things that bring up emotional meanings that make her think about life itself.

"Later." Daisuke uses the Holy Grail to summon Scathach and Setanta before him forcibly. "Alright. Enough fooling around. We have work to do. Scathach, you can have fun with Setanta as soon as we've finished today's tasks and after you've sparred with Altera."

"Alright." Scathach snorted coldly, "Don't forget your promise to face me later."

Daisuke sweatdrops how this Scathach is so different from the one shown in the series. All because he summoned the Scathach, who recently attained an existence similar to a divine spirit. But she hasn't had the experience of facing a worthy enemy for so long that she wishes for her own death. Mostly to see if she would appear in another reality to face more challenges.

Or at least that is his guess as to why Scathach wants to die so badly.

Anyway, the best way to deal with someone like Scathach, who was summoned through the Holy Grail. Just send them back where they came from. And unlike some main characters who can't deal with annoying characters forced upon them due to plots. Justeaze by no means has complete control over the Holy Grail. So he can dismiss Scathach with a snap of his fingers, and she can't do anything about it. Just like Justeaze and the rest, he can dismiss them too.

In Justeaze's case. He will simply have to create multiple seals to render her unconscious and return her to the state she was in before she gained her physical form.

"I've packed everything, Master." Artoria gave Daisuke a firm nod, ignoring the battlelust Scathach was sending her way.

"Good." Daisuke starts walking away from the ruined mansion, which has been destroyed again, but this time by Scathach.


Hours later*

"Feel like my hometown." Scathach said what was on her mind. "Just less of the free public corruption. Really, the ruler of this place doesn't do a very good job of leading their people."

"I agree." Artoria nodded, staring at the people coldly conducting unspeakable acts, many either enjoying the shows or trying to leave as quickly as possible to avoid the possibility of being the next victims.

"Eh, I've seen worst." Setanta shrugs his shoulders. "These acts are very common in the big places in the lower/outer sections of the place. It's in the higher/center sections where we see many people being more friendly as long as you have the looks and status to make it desirable for others to greet you in a friendly manner. Of course, it's all a sham, and they will sink their poisonous fangs into you as soon as you show an opening."

"I wonder how long it will take for me to destroy this wall?" Altera stares at the stone walls with a deep desire to destroy them.

"Maybe in a few seconds, if you plan to charge up for a big attack?" Setanta takes a step away from Scathach, who releases a hint of bloodlust upon hearing this. "So, my lord. What's the plan? And why are we out here so late instead of staying inside the Bounded Field at the ruined mansion?"

"For one, we have someone to meet tonight." Daisuke replied, glancing at everyone before staring at the night sky and continuing to lead everyone somewhere near the canon event.

"Is this the person we're supposed to meet?" Scathach points ahead, where a large figure stands in front of everyone.

With narrowed eyes, Daisuke looks over to ensure that the person in front of him is the one he has been looking for all night and hasn't been mistaken for someone else.

Sure enough, it is the one he was looking for.

Zanku, also known as Zanku the Beheader or Zank, was a notorious serial killer. He was known for decapitating his victims, as his nickname suggests. Night Raid was hired to track him down and kill him, which is tomorrow night.

"Well, it looks like one of you knows who I am!" Zanku shouted in joy, glaring at everyone with a sinister smile that extended almost the entire length of his face.

"Careful, everyone. The headpiece with a large eye attached to it is the Teigu - Almighty Five Sights: Spectator. It has five different abilities related to sight." Daisuke explained to everyone what the Teigu: Spectator can do.

"Spoilers? I have to kill you for that." Zanku let out an insane chuckle before lunging at everyone with a deep desire to cut off their heads.

Unfortunately, Zanku has underestimated everyone. Scathach appears behind him, easily slicing off both his legs and arms in one fell swoop, followed by several runes in the air with the tips of her spears to stop the bleeding. All within a second, too fast for Zanku to comprehend what just happened.

"And that's why you should focus more on speed and precision." Scathach scoffed at the end and kicked Zanku with enough force to send his body flying for a few seconds before landing right in front of Daisuke. "Honestly, if this the type of people I'm going to face. It's better off leaving me with Setanta and Altera behind while you and Artoria can do what's needed out here that can't be done outside the Bounded Field."

"Well, I have a feeling that if I leave you three back at the ruined mansion. Eventually, someone will decide to make it a challenge to see who can destroy the Bounded Field first." Daisuke bent down to grab the teigu from Zanku's head. "And don't bother to say that none of you will since once everyone gets too high on adrenaline rush and starts destroying everything."

He stares at Altera, then at Scathach, then back at Altera, before finally looking at Setanta.

"Wait, why are you looking at me? I can understand why you're looking at Altera and Sc... I mean, mentor, that's what I said!" Setanta ducks to avoid being hit by the lower shaft of Scathach's spear. "And what about Artoria?!"

"Do I look like someone who would destroy the environment?" Artoria gave Setanta a cold stare.

"You look like you can't wait to fuck, Daisuke here." Scathach taunts Artoria, who is standing behind Daisuke. A little too close, but not so close that she presses herself against Daisuke.

"And I remember the first thing you said when you were summoned was to ask Master here if he wanted to have sex." Artoria sneers at Scathach.

"I can't help it. To see a man like Daisuke, whose presence demands the death of all, excites me." Scathach smiles at Daisuke, making him sweat. "But then I found Setanta with everyone. I couldn't wait to see what my future self sees in him that she wants to die at his hands."

"Yeah, I would like to know the answer to that as well." Setanta continues to keep his distance from Scathach. After all, she attacked him for not calling her mentor or teacher as she demanded. "What are we going to do with this guy, who is yelling at the top of his lungs from the facial expression he is making? It's good that the runes are muting all the sounds he is making. Otherwise, we would have attracted a lot of attention here."

"Kill him." Daisuke replies. "It makes no sense to keep him alive. He has nothing more to offer. Besides, I can see the look in everyone's eyes that wants to end this man's life. I guess Justeaze must have given everyone the knowledge about who and what kind of person Zanku is here?"

Everyone nods at Daisuke's words, making him sigh with relief that he doesn't have to share his meta-knowledge about almost everything anymore. Justeaze got that cover now. Although he kind of wished she had done it before he explained about the Teigu: Spectator.

"All right, you guys can decide who will deal the final blow. I'll need a few minutes to do something with this Teigu." Daisuke walks a few feet away from everyone, then uses the Omnifabrication to create something, using the Teigu as one of the materials.

Reality is distorted, and the Teigu disappears from Daisuke's hand when he gains the ability of Flawless that is used by Sakunosuke Oda, which gives him precognition at a maximum of more than five seconds but less than six seconds. But, unlike the original version, he modified it so that in the future visions become a time on indefinitely, being able to see the steps of his action and others, making it so that not even a single second had passed in that timeframe of seeing the future visions before taking action.

Of course, Flawless will only activate, just like in the canon version. That way, he won't be overwhelmed by non-stop future visions that pop up when it's not important. He has seen enough characters that can see into the future become too weird or just outright annoying due to always saying confusing. words as hints of the future for those who want to know about their future instead of outright telling them what's going on. Which is frustrating and makes learning more about the future difficult and pointless for the most part.

He could have recreated Gilgamesh's Sha Naqba Imuru, but he is better off with the Gate of Babylon. Besides, there are other similar effects of Sha Naqba Imuru that he can easily recreate, as long as he has the materials to do so.

"All right, with that out of the way. What does everyone want to do for the rest of the night before we return for dinner?" Daisuke walks back to the others and sees Zanku without his head, but he doesn't see it anywhere. Most likely, someone threw it as far away as possible.

"Nothing interesting is going on out here right now, except for this brief moment with this dead guy." Scathach points to the limbless and headless Zanku. "I don't know about Artoria. But Altera, Setanta, and I are ready to head back. Do some sparring before dinner."

"I'd rather stay here with Artoria and our lord. OW! HEY!" Setanta winced in pain after Scathach punched him in the head, causing him to scowl at Scathach. "What was that for?!"

"For trying to avoid facing me or Altera here." Scathach rolls her eyes. "You need to train more if you want to become someone as important as your future self."

"With the memory of my future paths. I have trouble thinking if I want to become like him." Setanta mumbles to himself.

"I say we restock on more food. The ones we have won't last us that long." Artoria spoke up, ignoring the looks she is getting and looking at the large bag she is still carrying on her back.

7