Arc 4: Awakening – Chapter 7
68 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 4: Awakening - Chapter 7

The next day*

Daisuke easily avoids being hit by Setanta's quarterstaff. He even went so far as to dodge with his back to Setanta.

"How are you doing this?!" Setanta shouted at Daisuke, who had been on the defensive the entire time.

Daisuke didn't answer, not feeling the urge to explain about Flawless. Although, he wondered if he had explained it in the past or not. But it didn't matter; his lip was tightly sealed.

"I wonder if this would help me create my ice army?" Esdeath read the guidebook on Golem Creation.

Something that is considered useless in Daisuke's hands when he realizes that there is a Stand, being Baby Face, but he finds it not his style at all to recreate even if he could modify the Stand.

"Well, if Daisuke said it could, it should be possible." Justeaze replied as she also read the guidebook on Throwing Aim.

With his right hand, Daisuke kicks a pebble from the ground and grabs it in the air. Then his newest stand, Killer Queen, appears behind him as he lands on the ground again, now facing Setanta, leaping back to create some distance.

Killer Queen is a visibly muscular humanoid Stand, light in color overall. Being link pink. Its crown is flat, while two sharp, triangular shapes resembling cat ears stand on both sides of the top of its head. Its eyes comprise cat-like vertical pupils in front of its generally light-colored sclera. It has no nose, and its thin-lipped mouth is perpetually closed. It wears dark, studded, leather-like forearm-length gloves, mirrored in style by a garter belt-like band at its waist and ankle-height footwear. Its thumbs are additionally bandaged in white. On its index finger's middle phalanx, there is a small red button similar to those found on stereotypical detonators. Four short spikes line the top of its back. Its shoulders, the back of its hands, belt buckle, a plate hanging in front of its crotch, both sides of its ankles, and the top of its feet all bear the emblem of a skull with ears resembling its own, in varying sizes and external decorations.

Daisuke flicked the pebble at Setanta, who easily dodged it by ducking and rushing in, attempting a sweeping kick, only to change his mind instantly as he jumped away. Just as the Killer Queen detonates, the target loads a bomb by pressing its right thumb onto the trigger located on the middle phalanx of its index finger, mimicking the action of pressing down on a hand-held detonator.

At the place where Setanta was about to run over to reach Daisuke, the ground disappeared in a radius of one meter.

"What was that?!" Setanta pointed at Daisuke with his quarterstaff.

"Don't worry, I was just testing something." Daisuke lied, knowing that Setanta would somehow sense that there was danger ahead. Good instinct. "See if you can dodge this."

Daisuke pulled out the Punisher and then fired a laser beam at Setanta.

"Why are you bringing out the big ones?!" Setanta quickly used the secret of leaping to escape from being blasted to avoid being killed by the laser beam that almost hit him if he had been a second slower.

"Because it's fun." Daisuke lied through his teeth.

Honestly, he just wanted to bring out it because of the fact that he had it, and that's it.

"This isn't fun for me!" Setanta screams, running away from getting hit by the laser beam.

Daisuke spins the Punisher and stops the laser beam for now while he pulls two guns out of the Punisher and shoots Setanta again.

The World appears behind Daisuke, picks up the Punisher before it lands on the ground, and switches the firing mode from laser beam to machine gun. Fire it at Setanta together with Daisuke.

"This isn't fair!" Setanta screams once more.

"Life isn't fair, Setanta!" Scathach reminds him from the sidelines. She took a sip from her glass of lemonade, enjoying the fight before her eyes, sometimes giving Setanta more advice and seeing what a tricky opponent Daisuke was with so many weapons of destruction. Setanta needed all the advice he could get.

"Hey, Scathach. Why did Master ask Setanta to spar today?" Altera looks at the fight with desire in her eyes. She wanted to join in but was sadly forced to stay on the sidelines with everyone else.

"No idea. Maybe he just wants to get his blood pumping? Who knows what's going through his head right now?" Scathach replied with a question of her own.

"Either way, Master must have a good reason for choosing Setanta as his sparring partner over everyone else here." Artoria gave her opinion while continuing to eat a large pile of food behind everyone.

Daisuke wonders how long it will take him to train Setanta enough to survive against all the girls except Justeaze, when they all have the urge to destroy. After all, unlike all the others, they could easily be resurrected by the Holy Grail. On the other hand, he could lose the Omnifabrication upon death, even through resurrection by a special method created in the hope of coming back alive and keeping the Omnifabrication.

He would rather not risk his life to satisfy the girls' urge to destroy everything around them. He will leave that to Setanta while he takes care of their sexual urges. Well, at least the perverted ones, like Artoria and Justeaze.

Still, he just hopes that Setanta can survive long enough to face them all. That way, he can also have a personal bodyguard to deal with all the crazy stuff as he travels the multiverse and slowly finds his true calling.


A week later*

"Huh, I didn't think we'd run into a Dullahan." Scathach said to everyone as they were about to go into Axel to stock up on food, or rather, to find a reason to waste the money they had earned from the many jobs they had done over the past week. Only to run into a Dullhan right in front of Axel's main gate.

The knight in black armor held his head, completely covered by a helmet, on the left side of his body. Riding a black headless horse. Then the head spoke in a distorted voice, "I am a general of the Demon King and have recently moved into a castle nearby..."

As he spoke, the head started trembling.

"Every day, every day, every day! Where is that crazy idiot who comes to my castle to cast Explosion every day?!" The Dullahan screamed angrily.

"Huh. I was wondering why the ground has been shaking every day for a week now." Justeaze blinks and stares at the Dullahan. "Do you think that little girl with the strange name is causing all this?"

"Maybe. And he, wow, this Dullahan is really angry." Setanta whistles in admiration as the Dullahan continues to complain for some time.

"My question is, why is he yelling at us? Is it because we are the only ones here?" Esdeath narrows her eyes, frowning at being yelled at for no reason and not being involved in the whole thing.

"I bet one of you caused all those explosions!" The Dullahan points at Daisuke's group. "Which one of you is the moron who cast Explosion on my castle every day?! If you knew that I was a general of the Demon Army and wanted to challenge me to a fight, then enter the castle! If not, then just hide in town and tremble! Why are you bothering me with such evil means?! I knew there were only low-level adventurers in town! I wanted to leave such minor characters alone, but you can't catch a clue and come boom, boom, boom, with your spells every day...! Is there something wrong with your head?!"

No one was intimidated by this; in fact, it caused some in the group to take offense at what the Dullahan had said. Especially when he calls them fools and expects them to be afraid. Many of the people in the group are proud.

Scathach and Esdeath suddenly appear to the left and right of the Dullahan. One attacks with a spear thrust at the Dullahan's head, and the other freezes the horse itself.

Whether by luck or instinct, the Dullahan leaps from the horse. Esdeath's kick shatters the horse, preventing the Dullahan from recovering the horse.

"How dare you!" The Dullahan rages, pulling out a large sword of almost equal height, the blade itself the same length from his waist to his feet. The hilt is as long as his waist to where his head should be attached to his body.

"Yes, how dare I?" Scathach smiled, slashing at the Dullahan with one of her two spears, giving the monster no time to swing his sword. Except to barely bring his sword up to block the first attack.

"Do not forget me." Esdeath appears behind the Dullahan, part of her right arm twisted into shadowy jaws larger than the Dullahan.

After throwing his head to the sky, the Dullahan was able to roll to the side and avoid being crushed to death by Esdeath.

"Is it just me, or are these two not doing their best?" Setanta furrows his eyebrows, confused by what he sees. "I know for a fact that one of them alone should be able to defeat this Dullahan by now. What's taking them so long?"

"If I had to guess. I'd say they're taking their time with the Dullahan, not wanting to kill him just yet. So they can vent about how much his words have affected them, or maybe because they are bored." Artoria answered Setanta's questions. "I would have fought the Dullahan as an honorable knight; unfortunately, I am only a maid."

Almost everyone sweatdrops at the last word Artoria just said.

"If you want, I could help you change your class?" Daisuke offers, noticing how much Artoria sticks to the role of the maid so far.

"No, as your maid. It's my duty to stay by your side at all times." Artoria firmly rejected the idea of changing her class, even though it wouldn't do much more than change her outfit and weapons.

"What about you, Altera-" Daisuke looked away from Artoria and noticed that the other 'maid' had disappeared. "Where did she go?"

The sound of something exploding draws Daisuke's attention back to the fight, and he sees that there is another person there; more specifically, it is Altera who is trying to kill the Dullahan with her bare fists. Each blow misses, only to land on the ground, creating a small pit.

"When did she get over there?" Daisuke is surprised that Altera has now decided to fight with Scathach and Esdeath. Even without using her sword, just her fists.

"She left the moment your eyes left the fight." Artoria answered.

"Did she now?" Daisuke crosses his arms over his chest and thinks about whether he should work more on his awareness of his surroundings outside of everything that wants to kill him.

"Should we stop them or at least ask them to finish off the Dullahan by now? They are causing lots of destruction in the area." Setanta points at the many craters of various sizes across the land.

"I can fix that later if necessary." Daisuke replied, "Now, anyone wants to bet on how long the Dullahan can last before these three get bored and kill the Dullahan before he can beg for mercy?"

"Are you really gambling on someone's survival?" Setanta looks at Daisuke incredulously.

"I bet the Dullahan lasts another 10 minutes before he is killed." Artoria places her wager.

"5 minutes for me." Justeaze join in the fun.

"You guys..." Setanta looks at the two in shock.

2